We stayed self catering at Oasis Dunas.
Poorly equipped kitchen area. Cupboard door blocking in boiler comes level with the sink, thus causing danger of injury to face when washing up. Microwave is fitted way above head height presenting danger when trying to microwave hot liquids. No dishes or suitable implements for cooking in. Take your own tea towel as no clean ones are provided throughout the duration of the holiday. There is a toaster and a kettle but you have to stand one of these on the hot plate as there is no room for both of them on the worktop.
There were no shelves in the bathroom so nowhere to put toiletries or sun creams.
There was no mirror in one of the bedrooms and two single beds were crammed in there meaning that you could not walk between them, fit a bedside cabinet between them or reach the window to open the curtains.
As vegetarians we found the food selection on offer poor.
At the pool bar we ordered goats cheese and tomato salad and what arrived was slices of goats cheese with a slice of tomato on top of each. THAT IS NOT A SALAD!
There was a broken fan in one of the bedrooms.
The bathroom door had been forced at some time and was still broken.
The walls were covered in dirty marks.
The covers on the settee and the only arm chair were dirty looking.
We could hear every sound from the apartment beneath us and next door to us, often in the small hours of the morning.
The apartment was generally tired, shabby and generally tatty.
Final point on this, security is a problem as while you are advised to lock doors and windows when you go out, the cleaning staff invariably leave the windows to the balcony/patio open when they pop in whilst you are out!
On the plus side, the staff are friendly and very helpful and, although the pools are unheated, we enjoyed using them. Also the grounds are clean and tidy and suitable for children (even though we didn't have any with us.)
The sun, of course, is what we go to Fuerteventura for and that didn't disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo