“Good value”

Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
newport
“Good value”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks stay at the oasis dunas. Must say if the hotel rating was based on the pool alone it would be a 5 star...it was spotless along with the surrounding area. The apartment was one that had been refurbished but done in such a way that the work seemed a bit rushed. The furniture was old but serviceable and overall reasonable. The staff at the hotel seemed pleasant enough...the room was cleaned, the towels changed. The location is ideal, a two minute walk to the main drag and to the many good eating places. We only ate bar snacks at the hotel and they seemed good value the other meal we had were in the town so can't comment on the hotels main dining areas. Would we go back?...I suppose we would...I can only imagine that trying to refurbish a place the size of the oasis dunas must be a logistical nightmare and it's a pity more time wasn't spent on the quality of the work but all the same a very good holiday

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank phil1962Newport
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear guest,

We are glad you had a good time with us.

I would like to inform you that we are working every day to improve the apartments quality. We do not forget that is a very important point to our guest.

Thank you very much for your kind comment, as this encourages us to keep working and improving our service.

Hoping to see you again at Oasis Dunas.

Kind regards from Fuerteventura!

Guest Care Services Oasis Fuerteventura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
epsom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Second stay here ironically in the same room. Same problems with the room that I reported to management via hotel feedback form last yr. mouldy curtains on patio doors, rotting door frames inside apartments, boiler that provided enough water for 2 min shower before turning freezing cold. Unfortunately I made the mistake of pulling the pull out bed out to take onto the balcony (yes, I know you shouldn't do this) but the dirt on the cover of the mattress & the state of the mattress underneath left me speechless. In one corner of the room the paint was peeling away from the wall because of damp probably from the shower on the other side having no grout or sealant round the bath. I'm sure the damp and rotting door frames made my husbands asthma worse!!!
On a positive note the pool area is outstanding. Loads of sunbeds so no one putting towels out at sunrise. Trevor behind the golden goose bar is very friendly but the bar itself is in desperate need of renovation.
Well stocked mini market with reasonable prices.
Would def return to corralejo again (it was our 10th visit to corralejo) but not sure I would return to oasis Dumas unless I was guaranteed a much nicer room.
Word of advice rooms round pool looked much better than those further back,but I suppose as they are the rooms first seen as you enter the hotel they are hoping everyone goes on 1st impressions. If your given room b709 run away

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank giblet_9
Dear Guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing us again to spend your holidays and we are really sorry if your stay in Oasis Dunas did not covered your expectations.
Regarding to your comments I would like to clarify:

- The boiler that provided should be enough hot water for 2 showers, or 1 long shower before turning cold. Otherwise it is not working properly and you should report to the reception desk to fix it.

- We are really sorry for the inconvenience with the apartment B709, there is no excuse if it was so bad maintenance...I'll personally check it. Anyway I would like to inform you that we are doing our best to improve the apartments quality, remember that last year we shut during 3 months and we refurbished 57 apartments, and we are planning to follow step by step untill we have all the apartments improved.

You can always contact the reception desk trough our web site (Oasis Fuerteventura) and send a special request. We do our best to solve the guest request..

In any case we thank you immensely for your sincere comment, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

Hoping to see you again!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I would like to say what wonderful staff you have working at this hotel cannot do enough for you that is why I always come back too the oasis dunas it was nice too see a lot of the old faces from last year working back here again. The entertainment team has approved since last year I enjoyed the stretching classes every morning and the aqua gym the team seem to be doing a good job I can understand people wanting too relax but it would be nice if some people participate now and again I would like too remark on the work that has been done the pool and bar area and putting in slides for the kids and refurnished some of the rooms and getting wifi in my room made a difference ( I know you have to pay for it ) but it was worth it

Room Tip: Top Floor ( I prefer B Block)
7 Thank terry_jean1
Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for choosing our establishment again to spend your holidays
We are glad you had a good time with us.
Many thanks for your kind comment, as this encourages us to keep working and improving our service.
Hoping to see you again at Oasis Dunas.

Kind regards from Corralejo!

Manchester, United Kingdom

Oasis Duna Corralejo
My honest opinion of our holiday, we arrived 19th March in Fuerteventura mid-afternoon.
We’ve been to Corralejo before in 2012 so we knew our way round the resort.
The only really negative of the whole holiday,, was after we landed at the Airport around 2.o’clock in the afternoon, it’s seems that 3 Thomas cook flights landed around the same time, from Manchester, Heathrow and Glasgow, all passengers from these 3 flights were herded like cattle outside into a long queue fronted by Thomas Cook reps, who were directing passengers to the allocated coaches, this process took over half an hour, NOTE!! to Thomas Cook reps, in the queue were young children/OAP’s/ People with disabilities, no drinks/Midday sun etc, anyway after finally sitting down on the coach, we had to wait a further 25 minutes for the rest of the passengers off the Heathrow flight, it’s doesn’t end there, after arriving at Oasis Duna, we had to queue again for over half an hour to check in, the queue stretched into the car park, people were tired and getting agitated, NOTE!! to Thomas cook and Oasis Duna, it’s the 21st century, if you know there’s a lot of people arriving then you need to adapt your processes, more staff!!!!
Anyway it didn’t ruin our holiday we had a great time, Oasis Duna is a slightly dated complex, however you get what you pay for, many of the people we met, were returning holidaymakers who loved the place, says it all really, the staff were friendly and approachable and they even had a kids club, we went self-catering so can’t comment on the food, note the walls are very thin.
There’s lots of fabulous restaurants in the old town around the music square, The Grill San Borondon, lovely Paella, Tapas Oscar, traditional Spanish food, on the sea front Cordon blue, nice lunches and El Somb Era (Mexican) and also close to Oasis Duna at the crossroads, La Casita.

A few music venues , The Rock Corner and Rock Café, very predictable and more pricey, not the best bar staff either, I would suggest The Bugaloo a more relaxed atmosphere with Acoustic music in the evening and La Pescaditos on the sea front ,they sometimes have live music outside in the afternoon.
For drinks Chablis and the Rogues gallery, both owned by Brits, alas one of the best bars The Galera on the seafront was closed down.
The Corralejo carnival was on while we were there, don’t miss this event if your there, it’s on late March.
We caught the local bus to El Cotillo on the coast, beautiful place, fantastic waves, we had a fish lunch at La Vaca Azul, the restaurant is overlooking the bay.

Would we stay at the Oasis Duna again? yes we would, as long as they sort out their check in procedures, sort it please Oasis Duna, people are tired after a long journey, note to Oasis Duna, there's similar negative comments about checking in at reception.

1 Thank Martinsbo
Dear guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing Oasis Dunas to spend your holidays.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused with your transfer & check in and can assure you that we have made it our priority to avoid this happening again in the future.

London
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My partner and I have just returned from Oasis Duna and thought it was nice, if they made a couple of changes would have been really good.

Good points: As most people has said the grounds and pool area is lovely. The staff are lovely and friendly and cant do enough for you. The apartments are really good size and fine for what we wanted, we ate out all the time. The location is great, just close enough to walk into town.

Bad points: we found the beds really uncomfortable and pillows not great either. You need to pay for TV although this didn't bother us as we was out all the time. There is no aircon this wasn't a problem for us either as the time of year and it being so windy, not sure how this would be in the summer months. The beds around the pool are plentiful but can be uncomfortable, you can pay 1 euro for a mattress but I think these should be free.

There is free Wifi outside of the bar area from 8-12, we wasn't told this and don't think anyone else was. Maybe because you can pay for the all day Wifi. We did pay for one day but found we couldn't use this outside of the bar area so wasn't really worth it.

We didn't use their restaurant as we were self catering so cannot comment there but there are so many good bars and restaurants in the town its worth going self catering.

At the bottom of the main strip there is a square which they call music square, its new the port, there are loads of good restaurants there and one Italian which is out of this world. Its called Pasqualina, looks nothing from the outside but the food is amazing, all home cooked fresh pasta and decent pizzas..

I would defiantly come back to the this hotel if they changed the beds & pillows!!

Room Tip: We had room A320 which was near the pool on the 1st floor
2 Thank nicky67
Dear Madam,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our establishment to spend your holidays.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and can assure you that we have made it our priority to avoid this happening again in the future.

Regarding to your comments I would like to clarify as following:

- About the TV charge, we are trying to offer it for free from this Summer.

- Honestly I think the aircon is not necessary, including in Summer months, due that here in Canary Island the temperature is pleasant (+/- 30ºC - 86ºF) and is always windy, that helps to refresh...May I add that during the night the temperature drops slightly, allowing sleep properly.

- We have WiFi access in the whole complex, payable. Anyway you have free access every day at the square from 8am till 12am. There is a sign in the reception desk with the necesary code. I usually walking trough the square and there are a lot of people connected...so I understand the most of the guest know it that free service...

In any case, we appreciate you comments and, undoubtedly, we will take them into consideration (specially about the mattres and pillows...)

We thank you immensely for your review, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here on half board as original hotel was over booked.Reception was dingy and dirty,food was disgusting.On first night a leg broke on the bed and was replaced next day by a badly stained bed base.I didn't stay another night,we were relocated to the original hotel on a different basis.Would not recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ian T
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to say that we are really sorry if your stay in Oasis Dunas did not covered your expectations.

Regarding to your comments, I understand your anger for having been relocated from your original hotel, and you feel not good in Oasis Dunas anyway...

I do not know the reason of your relocated but please understand that it is nothing to do with us....

I feel your comment is too extreme having spent one night with us only, and I would like you could book our hotel the next time and give us a chance to accommodate you and try to change your bad experience in a good experience.

Guest Care Services Oasis Fuerteventura

Travellers are raving about these Corralejo hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family and I stayed at Oasis Dunas in March 2014 for 1 week for my daughter's birthday.
First impressions were the outside of the hotel looked small and dingy, not very welcoming.
First problem, whilst queuing at reception to book in I asked the rep if we could get to the front as my son has autism and finds queuing difficult, she asked the staff on reception and their reply was, 'no because it will upset the others!' not a good start, they obviously do not put themselves out for special needs people.
All 3 pools looked quite clean, wi-fi is free until 12noon after that you have to pay, not worth getting it because it is really slow.
On arrival to our room, given 2 keys, only one worked! the door looked rickety and in need of some work, not easy to open. Spacious room, smelly bathroom. Have to pay for tv control.
Here are a few down sides to this hotel: Light fitting in living room fell off and smashed on floor (not fitted correctly) nearly hit my partner on head, luckily it didn't hit any of my 3 kids.
The boiler did not provide enough hot water to shower five of us, we had to limit each shower to 2 mins or less all week. Cracked and broken tiles in kids bedroom. Bedroom window didn't lock in kids bedroom. Dirty settee and chairs in living room. Squashed cockroach on bedroom wall. No mirror in bedroom, had to use hairdryer in bathroom! Lights on staircase outside leading up to apartment didn't work, very hard to get key in door in dark. Socket in bathroom and bedroom didn't work. Kids pool slides out of order as they were under maintenance. Thomas Cook told us that the waterpark across the road would be open in March, turns out it is shut until April.
All in all, this hotel is ok despite the problem we found, not much to do with younger kids.
Don't particularly want to go back, weather unpredictable and very windy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank debzil M
Dear Guest,

Anyway I would like clarify as follow:

- Please if you have a problem at the check in or at any time, contact directly with the reception desk staff instead the rep. They are always at your disposal to help you.

- The most of apartments have 2 keys, one for the front door and one for the back/terrace door.

- Regarding the TV charge, we are trying to offer it for free from this Summer.

- About the hot water, unfortunately, the system in all the island is the same, it is running with electric boiled. If you have a two bedroom apartment you should have a 50l water tank, that should be enought for 3 - 4 persons. Anyway if you take all the hot water, the electric boiled, need 1 or 2 hours maximun to be hot again.

- We installed the pool slides few Weeks ago, and is true that the installation company had some problems with the installation, but it works perfectly from a week.

In any case, we appreciate you comments and, undoubtedly, we will take them into consideration and we thank you for your review, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.