Before arriving I read to email the hotel to request an upstairs room, which I did and was delighted to get on arrival. The rooms are quite large and with a large corner balcony with a view of the waterpark we were very pleased. Yes the furniture is dated and looks a bit on the shabby side. But I slept on the sofa bed and it was very comfortable. The bedroom had loads of storage. The kitchen area is basic. Two rings on the hob and a microwave but we managed a cooked English breakfast everyday. Pasta dishes , an omelette , chips and cold meat, hamburgers and salad.. All the equipment and plates and cutlery was spotless and clean when we arrived, the room was clean except for the odd mosquito splatted on the wall. Talking of Mosquitos take precautions bring sprays, creams whatever you need on our weeks visit I've come home with 17 bites most got on the first 2 nights and then I got some cream from a supermarket.
I would describe the poolarea as excellent though the tiles in the pools are slippery, yes there are black marks on some of the white grouting but I would not describe anywhere as being dirty.
The supermarket on site has most things you need, beware it is a third more expensive than the spar which is a 8 minute walk away , or the hiperdino a 6 minute walk away, we preferred the spar as the meat and bread were better and cheaper.
Kept meaning to try the pizza restaurant , the prices looked good but in the end we were always attracted to the restaurants in town.
Reception staff were great always willing to help and advise
Free wifi outside reception every morning 8-12 so never paid for it in the room. Never used the flat screen TV in the room either not because of the price but holidays aren't for the TV .
It's a 5 minute walk and you are at the top of the Main Street bars ,restaurants and shops galore, larger from 1 euro a pint though only before 6pm in several places up to 3.5 euros in others, we quite often stopped for a coffee and a cake for 1.8 euros or 2 euros for coffee and a filled roll. You can eat out and drink in corralejo very cheaply if you need to or go as expensive as you want..
2 markets in the town we went to were a bit of a waste of time but it passed 30 minutes each time.
Overall I'd say the hotel bit is 4 star but the apartments are 3 star, yes they are quite hot at night and the fan provided only can cool one room, yes there are Mosquitos, I never saw a cockroach in the hotel complex though several in the town. The beach is a 10 minute walk away. I wish I was back there now so that proves something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Idiso Digital, Booking.com, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo