Have just returned from a lovely week here with my mum and daughter. We were half board and had free access to the water park. The apartment was clean and did not find much to complain about on first impression. We were overlooking the water park, block B 617. As stated there was no air con but just left the door open at night so yes did get bitten by Mosquitos but it is a hot country so expect some bites. My bed was a little uncomfortable but maybe that was just me, I would not say it ruined my holiday. As for having no TV or Wifi, we were on holiday it was nice to get away from technology for a bit and not the most important thing in the world really, is it???????
The room was cleaned, and there was a note saying the bedding would only be changed once a week, which is reasonable as at home you would not change your bedding more than this, would you???? We had clean towels provided regularly. The floor was mostly clean apart from round by the door but this was only bits blown in from outside so it was no hardship to use the dustpan and brush from time to time.
The pool complex itself was nice, pool looked nice but only used it once. People's comments about the reserving of sunbeds is accurate and does need to be more strictly policed somehow as on holiday you should not have to get up early in order to get a bed by the pool. We always went to the water park where there were a wealth of beds and shades and it was never crowded. Have been on a previous holiday where I was getting up at 0510 in order to get beds so did not want to do it again.
It can be noisy at night time bit it is mostly finished by 1030-11 at night, but it's only entertainment, it's free, why complain?
We were half board and personally I'm not sure what the other people on this sight were complaining about? The food was delicious, plenty of choice,hot, what more can you ask for. We ate in the restaurant every night. There was only one night there was not much that I fancied but that was my preference not the fact that there was not much there. It was mostly Spanish food, yes there were some flies around but you get them anywhere and again it's hot, not sure what the people who have put down negative comments about the food were expecting?
The staff at the hotel were friendly, courteous and we personally had no problem with them.
Overall we all enjoyed our holiday and would definitely return to the same hotel. I read the reviews before going and was a little worried about it but I could not find that much to complain about. I though it was good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Idiso Digital, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo