We (two adults, two kids) have just got back from two weeks at Oasis Dunas. This was our first time in the Canaries and we had a great time.
Yes, it would benefit from some tender loving care, and yes, it is a bit rough around the edges, but it is certainly not a candiate for one of those "holidays from hell" shows. We were in block B (405) around the back, the room was fine, nothing flash, but fine to sleep in for two weeks. It was a bit cheeky to charge for the television (to entertain the kids whilst having a nice drink and read on the balcony) and after reading other reviews, we took our own fans, as you have to hire them as well. It was hot at night, and having the window open does invite the critters in.
The apartments are nestled in palm tree lined gardens, noise is not a major issue, although you could occasionally hear the music from the "Rock Cafe" in town from our balcony.
The pools were lovely, a touch cold when you first get in, and salty. The public areas were well kept. There were plenty of decent sun beds available, no need to sneak out at the crack of dawn with your towels!
We were half board, and the food was consistantly good. Breakfast offered a good hot or cold selection, with pancakes made to order by a chef which the kids enjoyed. The evening meal choice was also good, with a good kids section as well. I really enjoyed the food at this hotel. I never found that the meat was not available at the same time as the veg or vice versa, or that it was cold.
Although again, it is a bit cheeky that you have to buy your drinks on a evening. Fair enough if you want a glass of wine or a lager, but a water and juice machine is there for breakfast, but covered over in the evening.
We had no issues with the hotel staff at all, reception or in the restaurant. The Rep seemed to be around a lot. The entertainment staff were enthusiastic, although I'm not one for playing the daft games, and they left you alone if you didn't show interest. We went out most nights, so only watched one rep show, which was mildly amusing, but they put their all into it so fair enough.
According to out seven year old, the kids club was excellent, the staff clearly enjoyed their job and the kids loved them.
The hotel is well placed to reach the strip. There is plenty to see and do, I recommend trying a meal at La Tasca, a drink in Rock Cafe, Waikiki Beach, the Undergroud Bar and Flics which is a bit further down the road. The latter holds regular quizes and you can pick up some decent prizes like free entry for one to Oasis Park etc.
The local beaches are alright, but Olivia beach is superb. For four people, it is worth asking Reception for a taxi, which will arrive at the hotel in about one minute, and take you right to the beach for around 5 Euros, whereas the bus (every half hour) is about 50 cents cheaper, and drops you off further away, easpecially on the return journey.
We thought the water park looked a bit rubbish, so we missed that out, but Oasis Park is well worth a visit, especially for the camel trek - don't eat before you do it! If you go on an organised trip, it is a long day.
We had a fantastic holiday. Don't worry about the overly critical reviews ("the reception was painted green" so what!?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Idiso Digital, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo