“Very, very, very , WINDY”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Royal

and 1 more site!
Oasis Royal
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
Dublin
“Very, very, very , WINDY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

These apartments were lovely, but there was a strange smell all the time coming from the shore outside our door, we had a gound floor 3 bed apartment. The apartments had all your basics. The pool bar was straight outside our door handy for Icecreams by the pool. Our children loved the entertainment in the Dunas but it is a very big complex with lots of children and in the evening the entertainment area was'nt very well lite up, So I was left following my children around as I was terrified that if they went behind the stage area where the Big "unlite" pool of the Dunas was, I was afraid of them falling in which happened to one toddler while we were there, very scary. The food in the complex was awful but we were just 5 mins away to the strip and there was plenty of good restaurants. This area is very quiet mainly suitable for families. The excursion to the zoo was amazing my children got to hold a baby croc, snake and ride on a camel very enjoyable. All in all nice apartments but would'nt return to Fuerteventura it was unbelievably windy and at nigth got quite cold, I had dresses that I bought for my holiday but had to hold them walking around as the wind was blowing them up, got plenty of laugh's though. It was a gorgeous Island, some of the best beaches I've ever seen but too windy for me.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank sashDublin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

We stayed here in May 2010 and had a wonderful holiday.
Situated near to the water park and main bus route but quiet and peaceful.
The main night life is right on your doorstep, a 1 minute walk to the start of the strip and all the bars/restaurants but carry on down to the old town for some authentic tapas bars.
Apartments are roomy and spotless as are the pool areas.
Any problems Sabi & John who look after the Oasis Royal are always around to help out or just to answer any questions you may have.
Sabi does the quiz (one of many roles she fulfills!) in the Underground bar near by.
Or any tips on bus travel,eating out or anything else she is a mine of information.
Definately stay there again and hope to later this year.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank djb0151
Stoke on Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2009

After being put in a real bad hotel La Pyrimide by the airport,We got a hire car first thing next morning and went north to Coralejo and started to look for alternative accommodation, after a few hours we came across by accident the Oasis Royal complex and a laddie by the name of Sabbie, she showed us around a few apartments and WOW ! we when back to the hotel got our unpacked cases.The holiday was fantastic, the apartments mint ! Sky TV 40'' Plasma in living room small TV bed room,3 swimming pools to choose from, fantastic beaches, best to hire a car ''cheep as chips'' to get to other beaches.We have all ready made arrangements for next year.

So if you want a fantastic relaxing quiet holiday give John or Sabbie a call and go direct, flights are cheep as Easyjet are flying now to Fuerterventura.

Steve+ Joanne
Stoke on Trent

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank provision50
louth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2009

The apts are privately owned now so we booked with holidaylettings.co.uk .
We stayed in a 3 bed that had every thing we needed with loads of space.When you walked out the pool was just outside great for the kids .I would recommend these apt and found the location brilliant .We hope to go back next year.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
7 Thank LouthMichael
frodsham englands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

The Oasis Royal is one of four complexes in the Oasis chain in Correlejo all situated close to each other. The Royal is mainly privately owned apartments and because of this it seems to be the poor relation of the group. There is no entertainment, reception or bar/food area, however these facilities are available over the road at the Oasis Dunas and are first class. The Royal is therefore a quiet peaceful retreat for those wishing a relaxing holiday. Having a young child this suited us as it was quiet during the evening time. There are pools available on site and these are all quite well maintained. Other than this there is not alot else on site. Overall for a cheap cheerful getaway I would recommend these apartments. We booked through fuerteventura-apartments.co.uk via the booking manager Tim who was extremely helpful and even did airport pickups!

Stayed February 2008
6 Thank shutsy
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2008

Had booked a last minute deal to the Oasis Royal through a travel firm for a week in February (2007). Upon arrival found out that my luggage was left behind in Dublin and while filling out the lost luggage form the holiday rep left me and my friend at the airport so we had to make our own way to Corralejo (not a good way to start a vacation).

However the Staff were incredibly friendly and helpfull by constantly making calls and chasing up for my luggage (finally arrived 5 days later). Apartment was spotlessly clean and the town was clean and members of the public very friendly. Loads of activities for the sporty or lazy type (Snorkeling, Quad bikes, Sailing or spending the day by the pool as examples).

For meat eaters and pizza lovers you cannot beat La Tasca Steakhouse on the high street which is very cheap compared to Ireland.

Will be returning this year but not with the same travel agency.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness & Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing at all. Loved it!
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank numinor
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2007

I just came back from a weeks holiday at the Oasis Royal, I went over with my boyfriend, sister, her husband & three kids (7, 3, & 1 1/2), and my mum. I thought it was a lovely resort, very family orientated, wasnt very lively at all though and as a young couple there wasnt must for us to do. There was lots for families to do so far as day trips go etc. The sister complex "The Dunas" was lovely to and they had entertainment on for the little ones from 4pm until 12.30am, my niece absolutely loved it. Lovely weather during the day with a slight breeze but a night I found it to be a bit chilly as the breeze went very cool, so I would recommend bringing a Cardigan or little Jacket for night time. Other than that it was a enjoyable stay, they said in the brochure it was relaxing holiday and they werent lying. I would even go as far as emphasising on the relaxing part! The beaches were lovely and the food wasnt bad, but nothing to write home about. Overall I would recommend it for families but not so much for young couples.

Lisa - Dublin, Ireland : )

• Liked — It was clean, good area for families with young children,
  • Disliked — The food
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Luscious-Lisa