We stayed here for a week in March, when the whole resort seemed very quiet.
The apartment was fairly basic. The living area was a good size, bedroom and bathroom very small with little storage space. The kitchen was quite well-equipped with a microwave, fridge, kettle, toaster etc., but the utensils could have been cleaner. There was a TV, which would have cost 3 Euros per day to view, so we didn’t use it.
Although we’d requested a high floor when we booked, our apartment was on the ground floor, with a terrace right beside one of the main pathways, so there was no privacy.
We hired the room safe for the week. This stopped working one evening. We reported it to reception at 9pm that evening, and it was not repaired until 3 pm the next day, after we’d gone back 4 times to remind them.
Location: The best thing about these apartments is the location. They are in a quiet part of the town, with a small park and the police station just across the road. Within a couple of minutes’ walk is the ‘Campanario’ shopping centre. This has a number of cafes and small shops (my favourite is ‘Natura’), plus an excellent Hyperdino supermarket which we used a lot as we were self-catering. The resort centre is a 15-minute fairly flat walk, and you can get to the harbour by a pleasant walk along the beach (about 30 minutes).
Facilities: These were disappointing, especially as I’d looked at the hotel’s website before we went and this gave the impression that there was more on offer. There was a gym, but it was kept locked most of the time. Other than that, and a couple of pool tables outside the pool bar, there didn’t seem to be much provided. On the plus side, there are pretty gardens around the pool area which are very well kept, with flowers and shrubs.
The Playa Park offers budget accommodation in a good location. Good to use as a holiday base, but don’t expect any frills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Playa Park is located on the beautiful island Fuerteventura and is approximately 1,5 km away from the sandy beach. The city center is nearly 20 min. away from the smartline Playa Park. Moreover, the airport is around 40 km away from the hotel. In the restaurant of the smartline Playa Park you can find to each meal a fresh buffet. In the afternoon the hotel offers small snacks. At the pool bar you can enjoy fresh drinks with snacks. In the city center you can find many traditional restaurants and typical bars. The smartline Playa Park offers a gym which is inclusive. You can also play billiard, squash and tennis. Moreover, you have got the possibility to rent a bike at a local rent-shop to discover the island. In the evening you can enjoy the shows in the smartline Playa Park which are performed three days in the week. To receive a massage or use the sauna, you've got to pay a small fee. Moreover, besides the pool the smartline Playa Park offers a separate children pool and a playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Playa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Park Club Hotel Corralejo
- Playa Park Hotel
- Playa Park Corralejo
- Smartline Playa Park Fuerteventura/Corralejo