Me and my boyfriend spent a week here from 22nd June-29th June 2013. We arrived at 11pm and 4 other groups got off the coach with us, reception was very quick to check us all in and welcome us. They told us a cold meal had been prepared for us and was in the restaurant, we passed on this because we was tired!
We stayed in room 208, we got alot bigger room than expected! With a separate bedroom to lounge area. The room was lovely and so comfortable, bathroom very big! 3 balconies, one to the front over looking the pool, one to the rear and one for hanging out towels and swimming costumes! Never have i had this before! Beds are singles pushed together but they are comfortable, not hard atal! Our bedroom light had run out within an hour of us being in the room but as it was midnight we just left it and went to sleep, we told the reception in the morning and by the afternoon it had been fixed! The maid was fantastic, considering we was very messy, she would tidy everything so well and make it smell lovely! Balcony would get sun all day round so some afternoons we would just spend time on the balcony soaking up the sun!
Breakfast was great! There is so much choice! Full english breakfast! Even massive chocolate or sugar doughnuts if thats what you fancy for breakfast! Fruit, toast, bread! One morning there was brussel sprouts available, I'm not sure who would eat these for breakfast but everyone to their own!
Lunch was my favourite meal, so much choice, loads of salad and sauces, different meats, pasta, pizza, chips, veg and desserts of fruit, cake and icecream! There is something for everyone and it all tastes lovely and cooked very well!
Dinner was pretty much the same but with different meats, different pasta dishes and different salads prepared. A chef would be cooking a certain meat on the hot plate in front of you. Even though the food was samey it was cooked nicely and there was plenty of choice! You can't ask for much more from a 3 star hotel! If you get bored of the food treat yourself and go and try one of Corralejo's many restaurants, Garden Grill in the main strip is very nice and not pricey atal!
Pool area is so nice! Doesn't matter where you sit you will get sun all day long! You can also get a bed very easily even at midday, so you can lay-in without worrying about going to put your towel out to save a bed! The swimming pools are lovely to cool off in and are not overcrowded, considering during our visit the hotel was fully booked.
Shaggy the entertainment guy is just fantastic! He works very long hours but is always full of energy and so happy! He's not pushy and if you don't want to join in you don't have to! Aqua gym, chase the ace, water balloon throwing, sangria making are just some of the activities he puts on in the day! Even if you don't join in it's just fun to watch as he gets everyone going! Definitely an aspect to the hotel and wouldn't be the same without him!!
Evening entertainment is kids dances, bingo, music quiz and then some different entertainment every night that the hotel has invited in. The entertainment that is invited in is very average! The reggae guy, Michael, was the best! Other than that your not missing out on much! Then if you want to go out to the main strip afterwards Shaggy invites you to go along with him, corner rock is good for live music and flicks is good for the younger generation!
The only thing i found disappointing about this hotel was that on the first night i asked one barman what cocktails they did on the all inclusive and he told me a different number of choices, i choose the traffic light one, it was really nice so i went back up to ask for another one from a different barman and he made me a sex on the beach cocktail! The first barman was the only barman that knows how to make all the cocktails, other than that all the rest only know sex on the beach and as the first barman had a week off while we was there i never got to have the cocktail again! All staff should be trained properly so guests are not left disappointed!!
Flag beach is definitely worth a visit! We walked there one morning, it took about 45 minutes, was very hot and tiring but well worth it! Walk along it, all the way to the Riu hotels because its just lovely!
Plenty of shops and plenty to do in Corralejo and this hotel is well worth a visit, great value for money, relaxing and fun! Don't forget mosquito repellent though, spray it on you every night as you will get bitten otherwise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Playa Park is located on the beautiful island Fuerteventura and is approximately 1,5 km away from the sandy beach. The city center is nearly 20 min. away from the smartline Playa Park. Moreover, the airport is around 40 km away from the hotel. In the restaurant of the smartline Playa Park you can find to each meal a fresh buffet. In the afternoon the hotel offers small snacks. At the pool bar you can enjoy fresh drinks with snacks. In the city center you can find many traditional restaurants and typical bars. The smartline Playa Park offers a gym which is inclusive. You can also play billiard, squash and tennis. Moreover, you have got the possibility to rent a bike at a local rent-shop to discover the island. In the evening you can enjoy the shows in the smartline Playa Park which are performed three days in the week. To receive a massage or use the sauna, you've got to pay a small fee. Moreover, besides the pool the smartline Playa Park offers a separate children pool and a playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Playa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Park Club Hotel Corralejo
- Playa Park Hotel
- Playa Park Corralejo
- Smartline Playa Park Fuerteventura/Corralejo