After reading varying reviews on most of the hotels in Corralejo, we decided this was probably the safest bet. We stayed in room 212 from 14th-21st June. Was impressed at the size of the apartment. The cleaner came in on a regular basis. We had balcony front and back. Didnt use the back one as it overlooked the road. The tv, albeit old, actually had several English channels. I know we don't go on holiday to watch tv but as the entertainment was pretty dire at times it did provide an alternative. The soundproofing is non existent the first few days were great but then some new holiday makers moved in and it was hard to sleep due to the noise next door. They were not being roudy just moving about as normal. Am glad we were upstairs as it would be awful if we were on the ground floor. Also there is no aircon. So you need to open your windows which you would not want to do on the ground floor.
The food was fine. I even had churros and the helpful waiters aquired choc syrup for me at breakfast. I think that the food could get repetetive if you stayed for more than a week. However, I generally found something to suit.
The bar as others commented on generally only had one member of staff on, which I think is unfair to the staff. Some of the home drinks were not nice. I had a cointreau equivalent and it was vile.
The pool area was nice sometimes it was hard to get a sunbed but you did not get the usual early risers going down to put their towels on the beds as generally the beds were put away and not put out till around 8am. Great idea, why don't other hotels follow that idea.
We used the gym which was large but a lot of the machines should be scrapped. It was nice though to have free weights.The machines that are actually working could do with being serviced as they made an awful noise. A bit of WD40 would probably help.
The hotel is a short walk to the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Playa Park is located on the beautiful island Fuerteventura and is approximately 1,5 km away from the sandy beach. The city center is nearly 20 min. away from the smartline Playa Park. Moreover, the airport is around 40 km away from the hotel. In the restaurant of the smartline Playa Park you can find to each meal a fresh buffet. In the afternoon the hotel offers small snacks. At the pool bar you can enjoy fresh drinks with snacks. In the city center you can find many traditional restaurants and typical bars. The smartline Playa Park offers a gym which is inclusive. You can also play billiard, squash and tennis. Moreover, you have got the possibility to rent a bike at a local rent-shop to discover the island. In the evening you can enjoy the shows in the smartline Playa Park which are performed three days in the week. To receive a massage or use the sauna, you've got to pay a small fee. Moreover, besides the pool the smartline Playa Park offers a separate children pool and a playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Playa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Park Club Hotel Corralejo
- Playa Park Hotel
- Playa Park Corralejo
- Smartline Playa Park Fuerteventura/Corralejo