“Believe the majority of reviews, it is that bad !”

Oasis Papagayo Sport & Family
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I travelled to this hotel for a weeks all inclusive holiday with my family. First impression of the hotel was good but that wasn`t to last. After 3 days of cold, tasteless, inedible food,food from the snack bar that had to be shared with the local wildlife and evening entertainment for the kids which consisted of explicit versions of songs being played, not to mention bingo in the dark, we gave up !.We paid for an all inclusive holiday, in reality we got at best a substandard self catering room. The room was not cleaned at all during our week away, a change of towels not to mention replacement toilet rolls was not forthcoming.
The pizza restaurant, a la carte restaurant and themed buffet were all closed during our stay and the all inclusive snacks and ice cream were only available between1pm and 4.30pm.
The state of the tiles around the pool area was appauling and the pools themselves were dirty with tiles at the bottom of the pools missing and they weren`t cleaned once during our stay.
If you have booked this hotel and still have time, I would strongly recommend that you try to change hotels, it is that bad.

4  Thank sam-balaam1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,983)

Reviewed 29 May 2011

My husband and I have been on several AI holidays but this was our first with our 9 month old little girl and we came back yesterday. In the main we are easy going and relaxed with the AI approach. I'm sad to say that we are quite disappointed with our holiday. The room was really dirty and after 4 complaints it was finally cleaned to a basic standard. Our other gripe was with the minimal choice on food. Salad remained for all three meals, and remained dry and browning. I would say if your happy to eat chips, pizza and basic pasta then this is right up your street. I don't think this was a horrific holiday but basic cleanliness for us it a must and compramised our thoughts and feelings about the holiday. Any questions feel free to ask.

2  Thank Francesca8121
Reviewed 28 May 2011

our stay at hotel papagaya ..NEVER AGAIN!! I could not belieive my eyes i have been on many holidays in the past 20 years & this one was supposed to be a special one.My husband & i, & my 17 yr old twins were on holiday with our eldest daughter her partner & our grandchildren aged 7 & 4.It was there first holiday abroad & could be there last if this hasnt put them off!! We arrived about 9.30 at night & was pointed in a direction to find our rooms it was dark.When we Finally found them we dumped our cases. My grandson aged 7 switched the air con on (sorry i mean the fan) & it blew up in his face! After a while we went to the buffet for late arrivals,OMG that was disgusting & mouldy.we thought we would go to the bar thinking weve got time it was 10.30 ,we had a drink went up for another but was told the bar shut at 11.Different to what the brochure stated11.30.!!unless we wanted to pay,but we was all inc.so we shouldnt have to.we got up for breakfast i dont think the bacon see the frying pan as it still looked raw,the scrambled eggs smelt off fish& the baked beans were like kidney beans.the food never got any better over the two weeks it was all grease & mush YUK! The pool looked lovely but the cracked tiles & pooh let it down badly.there was no kids club for the little ones so they got bored easily.we wanted to try the pizzeria resturaunt but that was closed as most things in the hotel were.the entertainment was awful there was acrobats that fell off the stage a parrot show that lasted a whole 10 minutes a dreary spanish singer oh & not forgetting the most important thing BINGO bango woohoo.they did have a chap called michael one night he was really good.we had a lot to complain about apart fromwhat ive mentioned but we met some great people & the weather was fab!

4  Thank thegiant1
Reviewed 23 May 2011

how on earth anyone can call this place nice wants a slap to be fair ! had the worst time ever at this hotel, all we seemed to do was find fault after fault with this place.rooms were poorly cleaned,our bed sheets were'nt changed all our stay we only had clean towels after tracking down a maid and having to ask for them,also toilet paper!! rooms were very dated and furniture very shabby,no air con in the rooms just a small desk fan in poor condition, the food at this hotel is boring and tasteless<unless u like fish> everything tastes of fish lol..we booked our holiday to hell last june as a 4t family club holiday with thomson only to find out on our 1st day there was no family club or it was a 4t hotel anymore or thomson to be running any entertainment here which was very dissapionting to be honest as this is why we booked it after being recommended it by my neice who works for thomson...she wasnt aware thomson had left this place in november 2010,fancy not telling anyone{ thanks for that thomson} on our 1st day human poo was floating in large pool,which took almost 40 mins to be removed,pool was never cleaned after that,come to think of it never saw pools cleaned at all,fresh water pool didnt look to fresh either..lots of broken tiles around pool area which is a health and saftey hazard,also in the brochure is a al a carte restuarant with themed nights,these were non excistant as it is closed down and has been for months " for refurbisment" but never saw no work being carried out and just looks like a closed resturant,entertainment at night was s*** aswell unless u like watching eurovision or playing bingo in the dark lol..we really thought a week wouldnt be long enough for this holiday but we couldnt wait to get home,thank god im on short time and couldnt afford two weeks here,the best part of this holiday was the weather it was great,also the sand dunes a must see, that sums it up really..

4  Thank smith-richard2
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Well...where do i start??? Firstly i suppose to say that we booked this holiday as a 4* with thompson kids club and went all inclusive! Well that is only where the lies started anyway! Not a 4* but a 3* (apparantly although i would say that even that is generous) absolutely no thompson reps around and no kids club to speak of!! My children were expecting to see the thompson dog and be entertained throughout the day which is what we were assured when we booked!!! This was our very first family holiday together and my children were soooo excited to be going away...this excitement soon turned to major dissapointment apon our arrival at the oasis papagayo! We were greeted with the most awfull food i have ever laid eyes on let alone put in my mouth, we though.."ok its the 1st night lets hope the food gets better tonmmorow" Did that happen???? NO is the very quick answer to that question. In fact we have returned from holiday lighter than we were when we went as there was not allot there that i was deem as edible. My children, who are not fussy eaters at all, ate nothing but chips,pasta and what they passed off as chicken nuggets. My son spent the last 5 days of our 2 week holiday crying at meal times because he was so hungry but unable to stomach any of the food there! Both my children were so bored with only having the pool to entertain them every day that they could not wait to get home and see our family dog! We were unable to afford the excursions as they were so expensive and we had to use all of our spending money on either eating out of the complex or buying supplies to stock up the appartments with food!.....Perfectly leading on to the appartment! Very spacious, which was great although the reports of rusty furniture a hap hazzard cleaning are unfortunately true! Arrived to a terrible stagnant smell of egg in the appartment which we found to be coming from an overflow pipe underneath the boiler which we had to block up with toliet paper to stop the smell. Also the drawer was hanging off on the kitchen and the shower rail fell down everytime we used it despite it being replaced 3 times!!!! oh and the ants???? yes they were everywhere! including in the beds and on the kitchen counters! The most disgusting thing though was the state of the electrics in the appartment! Plug sockets hanging off the walls in every room and also my partner recieved an ELECTRIC SHOCK when he reached over to turn the light off in the appartment one night and brushed against a travel addaptor pin that had been left in the plug next to the switch by the previous occupiers!!! As you can imagine with 2 young children staying in th appartment with us we were were absolutely disgusted that this was not found before we arrived, had that have been my 4 year old daughter that had touched it then we wouldhave ended up in hospital with her and the oasis would have a law suit on their hands!!! Not a place for children at all!! My son upon arriving at the appartment had the fan gaurd fly across the room at him when he switched on the fan and then nearly had his fingers taken off by the bare blades when he went to turn it back off again...a good job that we stopped him before he went any further!!! Granted these issues were reported and dealt with asap by the reception staff but these things should have been checked prior to our arrival!!!! Also found allot of the staff very rude,although i am sure they were all annoyed with the constant complaints they were recieving from guests that did not get what they had booked, us included!!! We were all ill whilst away including my mum, dad and brother an sister who also travelled with us for their grandchildren first holiday abroad!!
The pool area was not kept clean even when on several occasions a small child had pooed in the pool and all that was done was it was fished out and on one occasion hidden underneath some rocks at the side of the pool...where my children and others had been playing in the days before this!! when i complained to the lifegaurd that had put it there i was greeted with a sarcastic comment of"yes...i put it there...it will make the flowers grow!!!!" absolutely disgusting!! I complained directly to the manager who was not impressed at all and made him clean it up!...the slabs around the pool and surrounding areas were in a terrible state and both myself and my children all stubbed our feet when walking around, i even tripped and broke my camara as a result of this!! Completely rundown and unkept which is a shame as we heard from other guests that had stayed there before that it used to be lovely!! Ypu can see this when walking around the complex and it is a very pretty place, just been left to rot and endanger its guests!! such a shame!!! We were lucky to have met some great people whilst away and will remain in contact with them and hopefully as a group we can stop this type of holiday from being miss sold to families again!! I will never return to fuertaventura because of the terrible time we had whilst staying at the papagayo! The rep that we had from first chioce started to fob us off in the beggining untill we reported the electric shock and then suddenly she was on our side...i understand that she has a job to do and that she is not resposible for the things that happened first hand but a little bed side manner when dealing with people and there issues with a holiday that we saved for for a long time would not have gone a miss! I was even told by another family that they had over heard her slagging the guests of when eating a meal at the local resteraunt tiffanies!!! Very lovely of her!!! i could seriousely go on and on about the things that were not as they should be on this holiday but will have to stop here as i have wasted enough of my time on the place and have no intention of wating any more exept than to go straight to the organ grinder and hopefully get some ressolve on our holiday from hell!!!! I will finsh by recommeding that if you have small children that are expecting to be entertained then do not book this hotel!! couples may be able to bear it if only going self catering....such a shame!! :(

3  Thank meljay2011
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Booked this all inclusive 4* holiday last year, recommended by the travel agent to be 'fantastic' for kids, Thomson kids club, creche loads of fab entertainment,.... so Great first family holiday sorted!!!!
Got there to the lovely reception got keys for apt and been allocated a 'rustic' look room. although i do think she meant to say RUSTY!! Towels er... wouldnt wash the dog with them, matted hair on the furniture and coffee stains on furniture didnt really give a good impression!!
had apt changed to another so quite happy.... maid service consists of a quick sweep round and replacement of towels!!
took our toddler to the baby pool to be welcomed by a big crack in the tiles near pool with an attempt to cover it up major safety issue.. once in baby pool discovered mould all between tiles... pool cleaners were never seen....
Food quality and variety is very poor, themed nights.. think passed as the entertainment as couldnt wait to see how theyd made these dishes.... i have never seen a sweet and sour chicken dish made with tinned fruit cocktail complete with grapes and glace cherries... oh hold on it was the nights before desert!!! entertainment ...bingo 7 days a week can do that here in blighty!!!
I wouldnt recommend anyone to go here to be perfectly honest, found out went to 3* in november which was a shock as we booked in oct.. 3 * is being quit generous!!!

1  Thank northernmonkey2009
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My husband me plus 5 young childrens 8,7,6,4 and 10 weeks stayed here.We went self catering last year was really good.Went bk this year we were all ill.Our 4 year old is disabled and was so ill for 6 days from eating in resturents.We were all inclusive food was cold.Scrambled eggs smelt of fish.Fruit was off.Same cakes 4 afters every nite.Breakfast bacon could not cut beans runny fried bread full of fat and could smell burnt toast from 7.15 to 10am.Ice crean 4 children was from 1pm to 4.30pm only by pool bar.Pool bar food had flys on it.Chips chips and more bloody chips.If u were German Dutch are French u would like food.We hired pushchair for r 4 year old as she was so ill being sick.She could not walk as she was weak from not eating.I have chucked better 1 in the bin.Some of the staff were rude slamming down drinks.U could only get 4 drinks at a time.Half pints aswell.So if my husband went 2 bar 2 get drink 4 us all had 2 q up twice.Room were dirty would never go there again.

Room Tip: choose some were better