“Brilliant location”
Review of Hotel Dunas Club

Hotel Dunas Club
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant week here in March. Really friendly and welcoming staff who helped loads with regards to booking trips etc. The apartment was simple, clean and the location was amazing.

The reception area was a bit tired but don't let that out you off the rest.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Heather M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dunas Club

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Dunas Club from the 2nd august to the 16th and I did not want to come home !
Having read some of the reviews I was a bit worried before we went, but it was brilliant.
We are a party of 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 and 14, we booked through RCI and had 2, 1 bedroom apartments.
We were placed in room 125, which overlooked the upper sunbeds deck and room 127, which was on the back corner of the apartments block. The rooms were a bit basic compared to most timeshare accomodation, i.e no cooker just a microwave, but were more than comfortable.
The pool was amazing, it was so quiet, we could come out at any time of the day and find 4 beds together. The Lifeguard,Marion, was amazing, a proper lifeguard, who made sure the rules at the pool were followed, she wasn't heavy handed or rude about it and to be honest it made the experience at the pool all the more enjoyable, she let my children lark about if the pool was quiet, but if it got a bit busy (not very often) she would ask them to stop and to think of the other people in the pool. She was very good with children of all ages, she appeared todo a bit of an assesment on their swimming abilities when they arrived and would encourage the young ones on how to learn to swim. She would not allow a non swimmer in the main pool without a parent/adult with them. So all in all, she kept everyone safe and happy by the pool.
The reception staff were all excellent as well, My son went surfing and left his shoes behind and they called the surf people every day until they eventually turned up a pair, which unfortuantely were the not his, but there you go.
La luna snack bar and resturant can also not be faulted, good food, excellent service and great value for money.
There is a bakery next door to the apartments called La Ola, this sells fresh bread, croissants with all sorts of fillings and all linkds of bread and pastries.
The Supermarket is about 3 mins walk away and is well stocked, with freash friut and meat available.
The apartments are next to the Harbour and less than 5 mins walk into the old town that has lots of bars and resturants, we never had a bad meal at all during our stay.
You can a get a large beer on the front at some bars for 1 euro during the day, and it is 1.50 at the upper terrace at the Banana bar all the time and they have free wifi.
We went on a half day Catamaran trip with Correlejo Catamarans, they are the first booth along the harbour, if you approach from the hotel, they only allow 10 people at a time, so there was just and another English family on board, we saw some of the othesr with what looked like 30 plus people rammed on

all in all an excellent relaxing holiday and we would go back again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank SAMO357
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the Dunas Club Hotel in Corralejo again for the second time! The hotel is situated just on the outskirts of Corralejo near the harbour. It's at a brilliant location, the hotel is clean and tidy, and the staff are friendly and always happy to help with any issues. The pool area is a very relaxing place with a nice bar to get drinks and ice cream from. Also there is an added bonus be known to my knowledge that next door to the Dunas Club is the best restaurant that we ate at in Corralejo called the Cafe Lounge. if your staying at this hotel I would recommend you pay them a visit as you will not be disappointed. The food there really is outstanding!

Room Tip: Almost every room is overlooking the pool, although I believe there are some overlooking the sea. In...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my bf stayed here for 11 nights from the 1st aug this year.
When we arrived it was 10pmish and the reception staff called bruno was very attentive and helped us with any questions or problems!
When getting to our room, theres a lift which is alot easier, we had requested a sea view room, granted you could see it, however it was a side view and a very limited one. We stayed in room 327 and it was basic, what you needed a bed, sofa, tele, loo and shower, the balcony was nice and had a table and chairs and a clothes airer. I haven't got many issues with here other than there were no bowls for cereal in the cupboard as we went self catering, the blackout curtain across the patio doors was horrendously mouldy as was the curtain. I asked other people on the same side about theirs and they were just the same! However the pool view ones wernt so ask for one of those! There was also mould and damp in the bathroom above the shower and the shower curtian is next to useless but its not.my house so whos that bothered!
As we went in season you had to rush to get a pool with a parasol, I would definitely say you need to put your towels down before 9.30 to ensure you get a parasol! However there are lots of free sunbeds without them!
Dont buy the wifi! I haven't ever come across somewhere you have to pay for wifi, its free everywhere else! Its 10€ per day! Ridiculous! And when you pay you can only use it with one tablet or phone??
Nearly every restaurant has free wifi! La luna does and when walking up the strip my phone connected to every wifi up there!
You get a 10% discount at la luna when you stay here, the food is nice enough and the service takes a while when they are busy. I read on here about the desserts being left for too long, which put me off anyway but I looked at them and they were very dry looking.

Overall I think 3 stars is right for this place as it's a basic apartment and some minor issues.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank EmGle
Reviewed 16 August 2014

After coming to dunas club me and my family did not have many expectations about the place, we where going to relax and that's all we did. My brother however is not one to just sit by the pool and relax but there where things outside but close to the hotel that he could enjoy. In the hotel You did not have to get up at a silly time for a sun bed, you could come out at 3 in the afternoon and still get a sun bed. The hotel restaurant/bar serves lovely, reasonably priced food and drinks and the reception people were very helpful (my brother lost his shoes after a day of surfing and the hotel phoned non-stop for 3 days until they got an answer) We were In a one bedroom'd apartment which had a lovely amount of space and a okay view off the pool, We where in apartment 215 which is the last apartment on the right that overlooks the pool. The apartments are very clean and do get regularly checked and cleaned by staff. The pool is heated to 26 degrees everyday with a warmer baby pool for the little ones. The life guard is lovely, as long as your children aren't reckless or causing lots of noise and trouble, the life guard will be no problem to you, she makes sure everyone's okay and even helps little ones learn how to swim. The location of dunas club is beautiful, you are 5 minuets away from the harbour and 10 minutes walk from the town, the town has a mix of old and modern restaurants. All in all it was a great holiday and I would recommend it to all ages.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Morgan H
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here as a family of 4 in a one bedroomed apartment from 23rd-30th July. We had room 222 which overlooked the pool from the balcony. The apartment was spotlessly clean and had comfortable beds. Couldn't fault it in anyway.
The apartments are well situated near to the harbour, with an on site restaurant La Luna that offers residents a 10% discount. We ate there twice and both meals were lovely. It only takes 5 minutes or so to stroll round to the harbour area where the bars and restaurants are and there were plenty to choose from.
The onsite lifeguard, Marion, was a lovely friendly woman who took pride in keeping the pool area clean and tidy and interacting with guests. There were no issues with sunbeds at all-whatever time of day we went down to the pool, we were able to get one. I particularly liked the fact that there was no kids club there, just a pleasant quiet pool to relax around and in!
All the staff there were lovely and friendly and spoke excellent English Out of the main door and a bit to the left is The Café Lounge Bar where we had breakfast a couple of times-Ben was the perfect host.
Would I stay at the Dunas again? Definitely!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank SeanBeanisfit
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Dunas Club last week. The room was bright, spacious and clean and we had a big balcony. The town was only a few minutes walk and the rooms were cleaned daily. Reception couldn't have been more helpful. Minor issue was the noise some mornings being located near the road so I would recommend pool view. We ate in La Luna restaurant one evening nice food and good value.

Stayed: August 2014