“Nice break”

Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
Caernarfon
“Nice break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My partner and I visited Corralejo last. We have stayed in Fuerteventura on several occasions. We chose the Caleta Del Mar due to it's location as we felt that we could walk to the fantastic national park and beach and also into town. It was quite a walk into town but the exercise was good considering the amount of exellent food and drink consumed - there are many good restaurants by the harbour, some with very reasonably priced dishes, especially the tapas. A taxi back in the evening was only around 4 euros. The studio we stayed in was relatively small but more than adequate and had plenty of hot water for showers/baths thanks to there being a water boiler rather than solar heated system. We did not get a sea view but had an excellent view of the dunes which was lovely, especially at sunset.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AberCaernarfon

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

I moved to Caleta Del Mar from the centre because I wanted peace and quiet ( I couldn't sleep in the central location-too much noise) and I got it in this place. The apartment was a bit dark and basic and a bit small (I guess it depens on the apartment)-but I was by myself so it was OK. No kettle so had to boil the water in a pot-but it boiled very quicky. It si true that it is a bit run down and could do with a bit of refurbishment.The beds must be quite old-the matrasses had all dents in the midlle-as you get with long-term use. However, nothing really bothered me because I wanted quiet at night, a beach where I wouldn't feel like a sardine (london tube does that for me) and I wanted to hear the sound of the ocean at night- and at this place I got exactly that. It is about 15min(brisk walking) to the nearest supermarket so you might once take a taxi to buy water and stock up the fridge. It is about 40min to walk to the centre. I always walk as it is part of my holidays but I think this might be a bit too much for some people- you can always walk on the beach side and enjoy the views while walking.
The beach was huge but you can only swim in a few parts.
I never stay by the pool so I can't comment on that, but it never looked very busy and it was nice- with a view of the ocean.
By chance I discovered there was a market in the nearest shopping centre (where the supermarket is) on sunday-it was so lovely. Local produce and artists, nothing like the market on friday by the Baku waterpark (don't bother-all cheap imports from asia-unless you want that. I have been in asia and will still go there many times so I know all that stuff from there, obviously not everybody so some people might find the stuff at the weekly waterpark market interesting). However, make sure you go to the sunday market at the shopping centre- lots of stalls and shops, cakes/food, band playing-very nice atmosphere.
I enjoy Corralejo very much (a day trip to El Cotille is a must- it is amazing there! huge beaches north of the town-althouth not really for swimming and lovely lagunes to the south-excellent for a dip or a swim), if I go back I will stay at Caleta Del Mar.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank natany o
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We have a weeks break at Caleta Del Mar apartments in September 2011
For the price we paid, it was as we expected.
Basic accommodation which really could have done with a paint job, fridge positioned so you could not open it as would hit another cupboard door.
The staff at the pool bar were friendly and served good snacks at a good price.
To walk to the nearest supermaket took about 20 minutes, to the Main town roughly 50 minutes and 5 minutes to a fanastic beach.
One pointer i will make, the beds left alot to be desired, they were very old and springs poking out! in the end we had to remove the sofa bed matress from the lounge and place it over the beds themselves.
But all in all we paid a great price and we got what we paid for, basic clean and tidy room.
Note: When you arrive and the reception is closed (which it normally is) go down to the pool bar and they will have your key waiting for you.

Room Tip: When booking, make sure you request a room with sea view and also room numbers starting with 3!! thi...
3 Thank Rosie2000_11
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

we had a lovely time in corralejo.we did find caleta del mar a bit run down.it does need a bit of a make over,but we did not spend to much time in the complex so we did not mind....if you do spend the day round the pool you do get ripped off if you want a bottle of water or a bag of crips so a word of warning make sure first thing you do is go find a shop and get stocked up on the things you need.it is a nice walk into the centre along the sea front but your looking at about between 30 min to 45 min.we did it a few times but got a bit tiring doing it everyday so we did get taxi's a few times which your looking at about 4 euros a time.......think we must have spent over 50 euros in taxis at the end of the holiday......but it was nice been away from the centre......would i stay at caleta del mar again??maybe after a makeover!

Room Tip: we had the garden view room but would rather have sea view room,
1 Thank jodie s
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

A lovely complex, a bit tired but the staff will do all they can to improve your stay. On our first day we asked for an electric kettle, toaster and new shower head and they all duly arrived. One wonders how the previous guests managed ! Our first floor studio didn't have much of a sea view. It backed onto the road and the sand dunes but was still very quiet. We stayed mid September and although the complex was full, there was always a good choice of free sunbeds around the two swimming pools. The sunbeds were OK but could do with replacing as many were broken and sagging. Reasonably priced pool snack bar, but there is nowhere near to eat at night and no supermarkets nearby so the best decision we made was to hire a car for our entire stay. The alternative would be to spend a fortune on taxis. Another big negative for me was the lack of any English channels on the TV in our room, they were all Spanish. Nevertheless, if you don't want to keep up with the news and have a car, an apartment at Caleta Del Mar offers excellent value for money for c£150-£200 a week.

West Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We booked a one bed apartment, on arrival we were told we had a studio apartment, we were told we could change the following day, next day we asked and the miserable receptionist said they had no empty rooms, we took it upon ourselves and checked in another place nearer thye town, Caleta Del Mar was full of younger people late teens early twenties!! the place is very basic and in much need of a face lift, okay if you do not spend much time there, literally just to sleep, 30 mins walk to the nearest mini supermarket, not much else to say really.

Room Tip: one row of rooms at front 201 - 206 very nice as we had one to shower in on our last day!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tigersuewestmidlands

Travellers are raving about these Corralejo hotels

southport
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I travelled with my friend who I hadn't seen for three years and we were really looking forward to our stay here. We arrived at 9 o'clock in the evening and were met in reception by a really helpful guy. I told him that we had e-mailed the hotel two weeks before asking if we could have a one bedroom apartment but received no answer, he said no problems there were apartments available to come back to reception in the morning and they would be able to sort it out we were given our key and he explained where the apartment was little did we know that we had to lug our suitcases up a winding straircase and then put the card in the door and it wouldn't open, tried several times still no joy. my friend went back to reception but it was closed we both had visions of sitting there all night, we did eventually get in after trying several times. The studio was pleasant but basic,and we did have the seaview we requested when booking, the bed was the hardest one I had ever slept on or tried to
sleep on.We went to reception next day and tried to change to a one bedroom apartment and offered to pay the extra where we were told by the head receptionist that no rooms were available we said that the guy that was on last night informed that there was but she was totally disinterested and when we asked about the e-mail we had sent she just wasn't bothered. The hotel is in need of total refurbishment,there are loose rails around your balcony, the hand rails down to the toilets by the pool are hanging off, tiles round the pool are rough, the sunbeds need renewing and as for the bar it closes early and there is nowhere nearby to get a drink or something to eat. Nearest supermarket is a 20 minute walk away and the centre is a 50 minute walk away. We moved out on the monday to another hotel even though we had to pay for an extra five days we felt it was worth it . Needless to say we would never return to this hotel its too far from anywhere and needs some TLC, we are not youngsters looking for lots of night time entertainment we were there to relax but you would have needed to be so laid back that nothimg would have worried you. We would both return to Corralejo its a lovely place loads to do for all ages but not to these apartments

Room Tip: Ask for the 1 bedroom apartments they all look as though they are facing the sea and they are new ap...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends