“no restaurant eat breakfast outside”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Caleta Del Mar

Caleta Del Mar
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
nottinghamshire
“no restaurant eat breakfast outside”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

stayed here for 3 night 1-2-3 of january on a bed and breakfast stay.
We had requesed a room with sun on the balconey, we did not get this we were in the only block that was in shade and looking out to the road on the door side, where you could have sat but not ideal by any means.
the room though was vey nice..separate living area separate by a wall but no door so no good for two pair of adult couples. but ok for a family of four as they are quite roomy. Nice bath room.
This hotel is on the edge of the dunes and a way from town so do not stop here if you want to be close to the action. If you are a surfa dude this is the place for you, it is a meeting place for you, so you will meet like minded people and it's excellent for you. anyone stopping here really needs a car to get into town for food etc.
the pool area is nice but small and so in the hight of summer could see this being a problem for sun worshipers. there is a nice glass wind break so excellent views from the pool
As i mentioned in the title there is no restaurant so breakfast was cereals and toast and a few other cold bits and bobs around the pool bar (which closesat 6pm so cannot even stay in hotel for a drink at night so bare this in mind) which may be ok in the summer but in winter, when we went, it was very windy, and cold so not very good.

Room Tip: not a road view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Darlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

probably the lowest price we could find so we didnt expect much.
It was great value for money and very clean.Wi-Fi free in reception area,always sun beds available great glass wind break round the pool bar area to shelter from the constant winds of Fuerteventura.Safes available and TV but no English channels available.30-45 minute walk into Corralejo so car hire a must.If you want a quiet relaxing time and not bothered about luxury this is probably the best priced value for money place on the island.The beach walks are fantastic both ways south and into corralejo.We would book again without hesitation.Go on grab a bargain we did.You can also book direct as well as through agents.
Laurie and Val
Darlington
UK

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ljirving
Oban, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

For the money we paid this place was was above our expectations. It is true that it is a good distance from the town ctr, and if that's important to you I suggest it's not the best place for you. It costs 4/5 euros in a taxi each way which adds up if you are here for a week or more. There really are no eating out options close to hand. If you want easy access to the sandy beach, then this place is for you, it's right on the dunes. We had a sea view and it was great hearing the waves breaking on the beach.
The apartment itself was clean and functional. Nothing fancy but perfectly adequate. The beds were typical of a spanish apartment, pretty hard and bumpy but by no means the worst I have ever had. The shower never ran out of water and had great pressure which was great. There is a little kitchenette area which is fine for doing a breakfast. There is a fridge, kettle, toaster and a few pans and utensils with a two ring electric stove.
We were there on a very quiet week running up to Christmas and the place was pretty dead, which was fine by us.
There is a good pool area, however it must be said that the sun loungers are long past their best and in serious need of replacing. The pool bar was responsible for the only negative feedback and i think it was a one off incident. On the Saturday the staff had a party as one of them was leaving to which they had arranged a dj to come for. The music was terrible and incredibly loud. I was left standing at the bar for 5 minutes to wait as the barman poured two sets of shots for him and his mates to knock back. The drink was all unpaid for which makes you feel like your a mug as you hand over your own hard earned cash when they finally decided to serve me. It was looking like the noise was going to go on all night, but then the police came and put a stop to it all, while carrying out a search for drugs. Where on earth was the manager that day! It was sad to see so many people have their day ruined by the staffs selfish behaviour.
All in all, this is not a terrible place, however I suspect I will chose somewhere

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Caernarfon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My partner and I visited Corralejo last. We have stayed in Fuerteventura on several occasions. We chose the Caleta Del Mar due to it's location as we felt that we could walk to the fantastic national park and beach and also into town. It was quite a walk into town but the exercise was good considering the amount of exellent food and drink consumed - there are many good restaurants by the harbour, some with very reasonably priced dishes, especially the tapas. A taxi back in the evening was only around 4 euros. The studio we stayed in was relatively small but more than adequate and had plenty of hot water for showers/baths thanks to there being a water boiler rather than solar heated system. We did not get a sea view but had an excellent view of the dunes which was lovely, especially at sunset.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AberCaernarfon
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

I moved to Caleta Del Mar from the centre because I wanted peace and quiet ( I couldn't sleep in the central location-too much noise) and I got it in this place. The apartment was a bit dark and basic and a bit small (I guess it depens on the apartment)-but I was by myself so it was OK. No kettle so had to boil the water in a pot-but it boiled very quicky. It si true that it is a bit run down and could do with a bit of refurbishment.The beds must be quite old-the matrasses had all dents in the midlle-as you get with long-term use. However, nothing really bothered me because I wanted quiet at night, a beach where I wouldn't feel like a sardine (london tube does that for me) and I wanted to hear the sound of the ocean at night- and at this place I got exactly that. It is about 15min(brisk walking) to the nearest supermarket so you might once take a taxi to buy water and stock up the fridge. It is about 40min to walk to the centre. I always walk as it is part of my holidays but I think this might be a bit too much for some people- you can always walk on the beach side and enjoy the views while walking.
The beach was huge but you can only swim in a few parts.
I never stay by the pool so I can't comment on that, but it never looked very busy and it was nice- with a view of the ocean.
By chance I discovered there was a market in the nearest shopping centre (where the supermarket is) on sunday-it was so lovely. Local produce and artists, nothing like the market on friday by the Baku waterpark (don't bother-all cheap imports from asia-unless you want that. I have been in asia and will still go there many times so I know all that stuff from there, obviously not everybody so some people might find the stuff at the weekly waterpark market interesting). However, make sure you go to the sunday market at the shopping centre- lots of stalls and shops, cakes/food, band playing-very nice atmosphere.
I enjoy Corralejo very much (a day trip to El Cotille is a must- it is amazing there! huge beaches north of the town-althouth not really for swimming and lovely lagunes to the south-excellent for a dip or a swim), if I go back I will stay at Caleta Del Mar.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank natany o
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We have a weeks break at Caleta Del Mar apartments in September 2011
For the price we paid, it was as we expected.
Basic accommodation which really could have done with a paint job, fridge positioned so you could not open it as would hit another cupboard door.
The staff at the pool bar were friendly and served good snacks at a good price.
To walk to the nearest supermaket took about 20 minutes, to the Main town roughly 50 minutes and 5 minutes to a fanastic beach.
One pointer i will make, the beds left alot to be desired, they were very old and springs poking out! in the end we had to remove the sofa bed matress from the lounge and place it over the beds themselves.
But all in all we paid a great price and we got what we paid for, basic clean and tidy room.
Note: When you arrive and the reception is closed (which it normally is) go down to the pool bar and they will have your key waiting for you.

Room Tip: When booking, make sure you request a room with sea view and also room numbers starting with 3!! thi...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rosie2000_11
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

we had a lovely time in corralejo.we did find caleta del mar a bit run down.it does need a bit of a make over,but we did not spend to much time in the complex so we did not mind....if you do spend the day round the pool you do get ripped off if you want a bottle of water or a bag of crips so a word of warning make sure first thing you do is go find a shop and get stocked up on the things you need.it is a nice walk into the centre along the sea front but your looking at about between 30 min to 45 min.we did it a few times but got a bit tiring doing it everyday so we did get taxi's a few times which your looking at about 4 euros a time.......think we must have spent over 50 euros in taxis at the end of the holiday......but it was nice been away from the centre......would i stay at caleta del mar again??maybe after a makeover!

Room Tip: we had the garden view room but would rather have sea view room,
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple