“Best we found in Correlejo”
Review of The Ugly Duckling

The Ugly Duckling
Ranked #1 of 384 Restaurants in Corralejo
Price range: US$2 - US$31
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Ugly Duckling is a small, intimate, scandinavian inspired restaurant in Corralejo. Our love for the food, and highest quality ingredients shine through in our dishes.vWe serve simple, yet delicious food.vOur menu is limited, but offers you a wide range of combinations you decide yourself. We aim to have something for everybodies taste.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant food excellent and matched by the service. Had dinner here twice and consistently good. Do 3 courses for 25 euros. Would highly recommend the prawns in sour cream for starters, the steak for main and can choose what potato and garnish you want. Finished off with chocolate cake. Had some good meals in corralejo but this was our favourite.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Ate here tonight after we happened to be passing by and my dad noticed the fact it was a Scandinavian restaurant, after a quick chat with the man outside who we later learned was Henrik we decided to give the restaurant a go. The menu is small but the choice is good and the dishes were all cooked to perfection! I had the caprese starter and the mozzarella was some of the best I have ever tasted, for the mains my sister and I had chicken and the rest of the group had the Danish special which was a casserole with pork and sausages in a creamy tomato sauce. I finished off my meal with the incredible chocolate cake! The food was so fresh and full of flavour and the portion sizes huge - nothing worse than getting a tiny bit of chocolate cake and there's no fear of that here. Everything from the food to the attentiveness of Henrik was just brilliant. I cannot recommend this place highly enough and will definitely be back before we go home! Keep doing what you're doing guys this place is head and shoulders above the rest!

2  Thank missmc14
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We ate here from the 13/06 - 16/06 no where else for us offered the same quality and value. A warm friendly host, and relaxing comfortable environment, I tried everything from the main menu and loved it all! My favourite side dish was the spinach with Parmesan and lemon a combination I will be trying myself.

1  Thank Mark Z
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Went here on a rather cold and very windy night in June, only 1 other couple in the restaurant when we arrived. Nice cosy dining area and greeted warmly by the one of the owners . I had the shrimp starter followed by beef tenderloin and for dessert, chocolate cake, all for €25 ! amazing value for such an outstanding meal. My wife had only the beef and said it was delicious . A wonderful evening enjoying great food accompanied by some fabulous wines, this restaurant comes highly recommended and well worth it's high TA status .

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Quite new and it is absolutely needed to have a dinner there. Situated in the centre of Corralejo. Not so many dishes to choose but it tasted very good and the service was perfect. You have to reserve a table beforehand.