“Small and friendly”

Ranked #1 of 384 Restaurants in Corralejo
Price range: US$2 - US$29
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Ugly Duckling is a small, intimate, scandinavian inspired restaurant in Corralejo.Our love for the food, and highest quality ingredients shine through in our dishes.We serve simple, yet delicious food.Our menu is limited, but offers you a wide range of combinations you decide yourself. We aim to have something for everybodies taste.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Recently returned from 2 weeks in Corralejo and found this little restaurant after checking trip advisor. Not been opened long, but welcome was friendly and food was delicious (pork tenderloin and mushroom sauce). Henrik seemed a little nervous at first, but then got more confident. Was very knowledgeable about the local wines. Small basket of bread (homemade) and olives was lovely as was the glass of cava on arrival while you peruse the menu. All in all a nice evening.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went here on the recommendations of other Trip Advisor reviews and I'm so glad we did, tucked away by the Harbour this restaurant is a pure delight! We were the first ones in and the waiter got to work, a glass of Cava was offered on the house. Then the menus were explained We chose the starter, main & dessert for €25 each. For starters I had the buffalo mozzarella with tomato, onion and a mustard hollandaise dressing this was fantastic, then for main I chose the dish of the day which was what they described as chicken stew, this was chicken in a cream sauce with Asparagus and roast potatoes again, this was fantastic, then for the dessert, I chose the chocolate cake, this was like a brownie texture with Lemon sorbet & a berry jus. The food in this restaurant is fantastic, considering there are only the two owners running it, one cooks and one waits the tables they do an amazing job of getting the balance right and we didn't wait too long between courses. If you're in Corralejo and can't decide on a restaurant then go to The Ugly Duckling. No doubt we'll be going again before we leave!

2  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant food excellent and matched by the service. Had dinner here twice and consistently good. Do 3 courses for 25 euros. Would highly recommend the prawns in sour cream for starters, the steak for main and can choose what potato and garnish you want. Finished off with chocolate cake. Had some good meals in corralejo but this was our favourite.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Ate here tonight after we happened to be passing by and my dad noticed the fact it was a Scandinavian restaurant, after a quick chat with the man outside who we later learned was Henrik we decided to give the restaurant a go. The menu is small but the choice is good and the dishes were all cooked to perfection! I had the caprese starter and the mozzarella was some of the best I have ever tasted, for the mains my sister and I had chicken and the rest of the group had the Danish special which was a casserole with pork and sausages in a creamy tomato sauce. I finished off my meal with the incredible chocolate cake! The food was so fresh and full of flavour and the portion sizes huge - nothing worse than getting a tiny bit of chocolate cake and there's no fear of that here. Everything from the food to the attentiveness of Henrik was just brilliant. I cannot recommend this place highly enough and will definitely be back before we go home! Keep doing what you're doing guys this place is head and shoulders above the rest!

2  Thank missmc14
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We ate here from the 13/06 - 16/06 no where else for us offered the same quality and value. A warm friendly host, and relaxing comfortable environment, I tried everything from the main menu and loved it all! My favourite side dish was the spinach with Parmesan and lemon a combination I will be trying myself.

1  Thank Mark Z