“Lovely holiday”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at oasis villiage with my boyfriend,we stayed for 7 nights all inclusive on the 23rd of July.we can not fault the hotel the staff or the food, please don't be put off my others with negative reviews! You get what you pay for if you want a 4star hotel with superb restaurant quality food then pay for it!!!! The rooms are basic but very spacious and clean, in the week we stayed bedding and towels where changed once, and room cleaned daily, The food was good always something for everybody, some of the main meals a bit bland but most certainly edible and plenty of it, most evenings where theamed we had a Italian night Mexican and Chinese night all where very nice, lunches where grate fresh salads fresh bread hotmain meals plenty to chose from, me and my partner enjoy eating out and we twice whitest we stayed but only as we meet with family that happend to be staying at another hotel otherwise we would of been happy to continue to eat in the all inclusive food hall, nothing that I ate was under cooked. Cold or in edible, like I said if you want food of a higher quality then pay for it andstay elsewhere in a higher starred accommodation.I think they do very well with how many people they have to cater for The staff are so friendly and helpful , restraint staff always smiling and very friendly, we arrived late to check in due to our transfere coach arriving 2.5hrs late and on check in with reception we were greated by a welcoming lady on reception, then to our surprise she explained as we were late and missed dinner the restraint would be re opened for us and any other late arrivals, nice touch I thought. The pool was very busy as yes somedays it was very difficult to get a sun bed as it seemed family's would get up early and put towels on beds and not show on them until after mid day, the pool area was kept clean by staff but so so so many lazy people that can not bothered to put the empty cups in bins that are everywhere. As for the entertainment we only watched it twice it was the same kind of thing each night, bingo a card game and then profomances it was quite enjoyable, this hotel I'm my option is grate for family's I would defenily return but not in school holiday period, amazing value for money for what you get, please don't be put off by other peoples reviews that are negative they clearly have such high expectations for a 3 star hotel, I would recommend this place to friends and family and look forward to returning again in the future

6 Thank 39will0w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Got bak Wednesday after 11 nite stay food disgusting got sick after eatin paella had no hot water for 3 days kept gettin told it be hot by 730 pm still no hot water , dirty soap suds around pool for 3 days was awful talk about filth I never once seen anyone with a hose to clean it - got are by mosseys even thou I had plug ins I could hear them buzzing past me thru nite - had to ask for room to be cleaned 3 times oh and th.ey changed beddin on 9th day
Please don't waste your money going here it need closing down and refurbished
One nite there was a BBQ for tea and the sausage was still blood in minute manager told chef about it he just shook his shoulders and kept on cooking enough said !!!!

Room Tip: Don't go go self catering to an apartment
3 Thank Charlie G

Travellers are raving about these Corralejo hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just got back yesterday and already want to go back. Was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! Yeah a cockroach was about some nights but wasn't end of the world and I hate bugs big time!!

Food was fantastic always something to eat regardless. People are too fussy with food to moan. 4 drinks per person too.!!!!!! No where does that anymore!!

Strip was local 10-15mins walk and a cab back to the hotel was only 4 euros. Too cheap. Will go back. IGNORE negative comments people expect too much these days. Entertainment was fantastic!!! Great people who work hard and get everyone involved!!!!

Room Tip: Block D was great. Perfect. Near pool not too close to entertainment
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Abbstar11
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
dear guest,thank you so much for your perfect review.it makes us feel very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
kind regards from the oasis village team
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Well where do i start.......I Know lets start with the rooms.Shower didn't work properly and no cold water from Hand basin.Towels changed i think once a week but was unsure if it was even that as the only time the apartment got cleaned was 2 days before we were to depart.I had to go up to reception twice to ask for new toilet roll as like i said cleaners didn't go in that often.
My god the beds how can i explain probably by saying if you were to sleep on the floor it would have been more comfit able plus the pillows you were better off rolling your cloths up and laying your head on them than put up with the constant neck strains or headaches.My 11 year old boy was
really upset after looking at the wooden cot type bed he was excepted to sleep on which was without doubt disgraceful so ended up sleeping on the 3 seater which wasn't that great either.
When i was putting the coffee and tea into the cupboards too my amazement i found a half of french stick on the top shelf surely not a greetings gift but i know i could have scored a home run with it.Go Camping you will have more comfort in your tent.
There were two swimming pools at the complex and too be honest you can't fault them they were well maintained but it was just a pity that you were not able to get any sun loungers as everyone seemed to revert to the old german trick by putting there towels on them in the early hours of the morning and then half the time they would not turn up till midday to use them.
The swearing round the Pool by adults plus some of there kids was pretty disgraceful especially when theres so many younger kids about.
The Reps tried there hardest to entertain the kids and adults and wasn't there fault but it seemed to be the same 3 main girls on from 10.00 in the morning till about 12.00 at night they worked really hard but i have to say the entertainment was pretty shocking and Poor and by the second week starting we saw ourselves going out of the complex day and night not just because of the entertainment but the food as well.Which i am getting too.
You had one big hall where you went into breakfast,dinner,and tea and you were rammed in there like cattle.If you were in a small party it wasn't that bad getting a table but as we were a group of 8
we often ended up waiting for a table to sit.which by being pulled aside and telling you to wait and stand in front of about 300 people like naughty school boys was a nice touch.
The Food i can only explain as terrible no variety same thing over and over again if you don't get down for breakfast early enough you won't end up with a lot on your plate which isn't a bad thing but breakfast was probably the best meal of the day.
Pork wasn't cooked and raw sausages Stick with salad or the rolls that was the best bet and if you like waiting a long time in a que to get your food then good on you.
The drinks on the day time at the pool bar was good only aloud a limit of 4 drinks per person which was sensible but some people obviously tried to abuse that which you could tell just by looking at there table point of that i don't know as it was all inclusive.
The Night time bar was more of a problem as to get a drink you normally have to stand in a que for a while to get your drinks which normally put you off going back up to get any more.Which was where the staff were stretched.
Security was called a couple of the nights we stayed there as for one of the the nights one of the guests was so drunk he was going round all of the girls and women making a pest of himself in the end he was dragged off by security after talking to two of the girls he had upset and what he said to them i won't repeat but these two girls were told by the travel rep that if they had a problem fill a form out for complaints but then was assured that this man was not going to be served drinks again during the stay of his holiday as they had complaints about him before but then a couple of days later he was back to his old tricks again drinking day and night and to be honest shame on you.
Hated my Stay at this place and will not be returning when you save so hard for a nice holiday you expect better.

1 Thank gribbs05
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After booking this hotel a year ago, and reading some of the views on here,I was concerned to say the least, even though some of my family came here last year.
I found nothing wrong with this hotel whatsoever.The room 2104 looked over the pool, which was very clean and well looked after.The room was cleaned several times in the week, with fresh towels also.
I found plenty of choice at the restaurant,at breakfast, lunch and dinner time, and always found something to eat.
I have a fussy 7 yr old, who managed to always find something to eat either in the snack bar or the restaurant.
I found all the staff polite, despite the comments left by some people on here.
All the staff I spoke to, were so helpful
Excellent friendly hotel, and we will be returning no question.
Entertainment was good also

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Gritterkev
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
dear guest,thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experiences at oasis village in such a lovely way.we are very happy about your good comments regarding our service and staff and would be certainly lucky to welcome you again.

sunny regards from the oasis village team
Halifax
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Where to start...... Arrived at our room, which was in a desperate need of updating. Shower was broken, toilet wouldn't flush half of the time, broken cupboards, holes in curtains and a wet room that kept flooding as the plug was in the wrong place for the water to drain away!! The rooms weren't cleaned enough during our stay.

The food was really bad as it was all fast food options (hotdogs, chips, fish and pizza) there was not enough choice and the food was far too salty. I had taken an infant and there was nothing I could feed him.... Only rubbish fatty food. The same food was served every day at the bar which was really oily and was cold half the time.

My son was ill and the lady at reception thought it was acceptable for me to wait a whole day before I could get him fresh sheets and the old taken away..... Her answer to me asking for sheets for the 3rd time was to use the sheets on mine and my husbands bed!!!
Apparently they only have one cleaner. After waiting well over 30mins had to complain and finally got sheets and managed to get my son to bed.

I wouldn't ever go back to this hotel due to having such a bad experience and to top it off I found a shishka pipe (abandoned) where the children were playing outside during the evening. I had to inform a rep because the hotel has no security.

As for entertainment..... It was far too loud and never went to plan.

Hated my stay and won't be returning!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ozzylu
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Really enjoyed the two weeks there at the start of July.
Great location, absolutely gorgeous pool area.
Always got a sunbed....if you wanted a particular one then 7 was easily early enough.
Food was a bit repetative but with a speciality beef/meat most nights it was ok.
Reception staff are very helpful

Wifi in reception, in the morning only, was crap. Intermittent at best.
Pay extra in the room would only give access to a single phone/tablet.
We had 6

The entertainment was lacking in the evening - felt sorry for the guys n gals who worked all day poolside having to entain and sing in the evening; they did well, just need help.
Loved Alisa. haha

OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
dear guest,thank you for your kind words.reviews like yours are extremly important for us and they are helping a lot to improve our services.

sunny greetings from the oasis village team