“Great Value!”

Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me, my partner and my 1 ½ year old son stayed at this hotel in May 2013, this was my 5th (yes 5th!) time staying at this hotel and I love it! You have to remember you get what you pay for! It’s not a 5 star hotel (and it doesn’t claim to be!)
First of all the room, clean, spacious and has all the essentials needed for an all inclusive holiday! The cleaners come every other day and tidy up for us and re made the bed/cot! Comfy beds, lovely patio area (I’ve had a room on both the ground floor and 1st floor, both outside areas are lovely!)
Secondly, the food, breakfast has a good variety! Pancakes, full breakfast, cereal, fruit… Dinner, not as much variety but definitely still nice! Dinner was definitely my favourite, something different everyday, some nights were even themed! Mexican was definitely my favourite! A lovely BBQ night too in a separate area!
The pool area was always kept clean and tidy, huge pool! Great activities, my partner took part in the sports, my son was too young to take part this time but definitely will next time! (We’re looking at going again in June 2015!)
The hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk to the main street and small beach, a new shopping area, loads of places to eat (and cheap!) pubs, definitely not a big drinking holiday though!
Overall, I absolutely love this place! Each time I come home, I want to go back straight away! Staff are lovely and helpful, most importantly it’s clean! Obviously everyone has there opinions on here, but I think some are slightly too critical! YOU GET WHAT YOU’VE PAID FOR! If you want 5 star food / 5 star accommodation – pay for it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank Vickib1991
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
dear guests,thank your very much for sharing your impressions about your holiday at the oasis village here on trip advisor.we feel very lucky that you have had a good time with us.
we loved to hear that you liked our theme nights at the restaurant ,especially the mexican night.
thank your very much for being our guests.

kind regards

your oasis village team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for 10 nights, 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Reception staff are nice and helpful. It was a quick check in. We got to our room which was horrendously hot! No air con! We got used to it by the end of the holiday but we had to keep the balcony doors open at night. Rooms are very basic and need some tlc but clean. A few nights we had no hot water so had to have cold showers. The maids were supposed to clean and change towels twice a week. I had to complain twice before we got clean towels as we'd had the same ones for a week.

The food is good enough. I'm very fussy and nearly always had a full plate of food. It's not the best at times but it isn't awful. And there was always the kids food section to fall back on chips, burgers, fish fingers, pizza etc. The snack bar was open 1-5 which was good, we'd go there if we didn't like the food in the dining room. Bar staff are great very hard working.

Salt pools are very salty! My children hardly went in the pool which was sad as they love the pool. Lovely pools and outdoor area though. Maybe could be cleaned a bit more around the sunbeds. We had no trouble getting a sunbed everyday there are plenty.

The entertainment team are brilliant and work very hard! Elise and Steven are brilliant together so funny like a naughty pair of school kids.

Thomas cook rep could be a bit more enthusiastic and forthcoming with information. I asked about the beaches she told me where both were failing to mention how one of them was amazing and we only saw that as we were travelling back to the airport! So if you go the beach go to the one you have to get a 5minute taxi ride too it's like the Caribbean! I'm gutted we didn't go. The water park is next door but a waste of money only about 6 slides 100 euros for 4 of us which I booked with the rep. She also failed to tell me we had to buy the rings when we got there and the locker so we had to pay out 45 euros straight away!!! You get 20 back when you take the rings back as that's a deposit. It's lucky we were going back to the hotel for lunch as we spent most of our money!

It's a lovely town we ate out a couple of times just for a change. Mini golf is around the corner we played that one night. The hotel is in a great location. We did have a great time even with my few negatives because they didn't stop us enjoying ourselves.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jkandm
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
dear guest,thank you for taking your time and sharing your experiences at oasis village and corralejo .we have been reading your review with interest.certainly there are always things to improve and thats why our guest`s reviews are so important to us.
your comments about the towel change and hot water will be discussed in our next manager meeting.regarding your comments about the aircondition in the room i feel the need to inform you, that we do not anounce to have aircondition in the rooms in any brochure.
thank you a lot for your helpful comments and next time you visit corralejo please ask at the hotel reception about how to get to the beaches because as you know now, they defenetly deserve a visit.

sunny regards
valerie ,management oasis village
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Not enough hotel staff no aircon in rooms bedding didnt get changed towels only got changed once the place it dirty litter everywhere on last day no water for showers no soft drinks on one of thr days they weren't any beer when we got there the single bed for my daughter was a camp bed and there weren't any hot water. Location is perfect but thats it. The food was horrible we decided to eat out even though we'd paid all inclusive.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Sherry H
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
dear client,thank you for leaving your review which we have been reading with interest.Regarding the air condition in the rooms we feel the need to inform you that we do not anounce to have air condition in any brochure.
The bed for the 3 and 4 person is a pull out sofa , as we do anounce in the brochure.

kind regards
valerie ,management oasis village

Travellers are raving about these Corralejo hotels

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived 26 July till 9 august...bit nervous after reading reviews and was proved had every right to be. Room was ok pool was large but very salty and most people where suffering with eye issues as result. The biggest issue was the food, it was very poor under cooked most lunch times and evenings variety was ridiculous spag boll every evening kids section was battered cauliflower most days fish balls and chips....constantly running out of foods big queues it really was dire.

Beer watered down fizzy drink machines constantly Brocken and everything served in small plastic cups, was fine around pool due to injury but of a evening ? Pint glasses didn't exist so your up and down most of time queuing at the 1 bar available

Seriously I can go on for ages do yourself a big favour and go elsewhere

Stayed August 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Arrived back yesterday would never return. Went as a family of 4 and we work hard for a holiday each year and what a waste of money. we need another holiday to get over the stress. I have been abroad loads of times and this is the first time i have complained to the hol company! Plane delayed got there 3 hours late and told the restaurant was still open what food we were given was not fit for my dog and told we could not have a drink because the all inclusive finished at 11pm! Could not get in our room as the lock was broken reported this to reception and had to wait for maintenance to come which took over half an hour. Once in started to unpack found patio door would not lock and could not be fixed till morning had to sleep with one eye open incase someone came in. The lock broke again in the second week.

Pool area dirty with tiles floating on the water! Room cleaned twice in 14 days, one change of towels and had to keep asking for toilet rolls.

Food was disgusting. Breakfast was the nicest meal of the day. Lunch and tea was repetitive with uncooked meat and sausages. We lived on sandwiches, chips and pasta for two weeks. The restaurant was large and clean apart from a couple of cockroaches.

The resort itself was nice with a waterpark next door, a small shopping centre 5 min walk, great markets, a 10 min walk to the main strip and 10 mins walk to the beach. We went the talk of the town irish pub which was great for a british pint, quiz, karaoke and pool table for the kids.

We booked the market and marinas trip which was excellent. 40 min crossing, 3 hrs in lanzarote and all inclusive beer and food on the way back. We also went to oasis park which was brill the only problem was it took 2 hours there and back.

I enjoyed the bingo around the pool and some shows were good at night analise was so funny but other nights were bad so we went off site. On the last night the entertainment team didnt ask if we had a good hol or told us have a safe flight home they just kept on about ticking excellent on the questionnaire.

My daughter went to the kids club parties which she really enjoyed. The staff were fantastic especially lucy from stoke and harley. Thank you all so much.

Overall resort was nice, staff worked hard especially the bar staff but hotel needs a full refurbishment and food definitely needs to be improved. Would not go back again. Alot of people thought the same as us and spent a fortune eating out.

Thanks to all the lovely friends we met who helped us have a good time despite all the issues this hotel has.

Room Tip: Stayed in d block away from noise.
6 Thank denise m
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at oasis villiage with my boyfriend,we stayed for 7 nights all inclusive on the 23rd of July.we can not fault the hotel the staff or the food, please don't be put off my others with negative reviews! You get what you pay for if you want a 4star hotel with superb restaurant quality food then pay for it!!!! The rooms are basic but very spacious and clean, in the week we stayed bedding and towels where changed once, and room cleaned daily, The food was good always something for everybody, some of the main meals a bit bland but most certainly edible and plenty of it, most evenings where theamed we had a Italian night Mexican and Chinese night all where very nice, lunches where grate fresh salads fresh bread hotmain meals plenty to chose from, me and my partner enjoy eating out and we twice whitest we stayed but only as we meet with family that happend to be staying at another hotel otherwise we would of been happy to continue to eat in the all inclusive food hall, nothing that I ate was under cooked. Cold or in edible, like I said if you want food of a higher quality then pay for it andstay elsewhere in a higher starred accommodation.I think they do very well with how many people they have to cater for The staff are so friendly and helpful , restraint staff always smiling and very friendly, we arrived late to check in due to our transfere coach arriving 2.5hrs late and on check in with reception we were greated by a welcoming lady on reception, then to our surprise she explained as we were late and missed dinner the restraint would be re opened for us and any other late arrivals, nice touch I thought. The pool was very busy as yes somedays it was very difficult to get a sun bed as it seemed family's would get up early and put towels on beds and not show on them until after mid day, the pool area was kept clean by staff but so so so many lazy people that can not bothered to put the empty cups in bins that are everywhere. As for the entertainment we only watched it twice it was the same kind of thing each night, bingo a card game and then profomances it was quite enjoyable, this hotel I'm my option is grate for family's I would defenily return but not in school holiday period, amazing value for money for what you get, please don't be put off by other peoples reviews that are negative they clearly have such high expectations for a 3 star hotel, I would recommend this place to friends and family and look forward to returning again in the future

6 Thank 39will0w
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Got bak Wednesday after 11 nite stay food disgusting got sick after eatin paella had no hot water for 3 days kept gettin told it be hot by 730 pm still no hot water , dirty soap suds around pool for 3 days was awful talk about filth I never once seen anyone with a hose to clean it - got are by mosseys even thou I had plug ins I could hear them buzzing past me thru nite - had to ask for room to be cleaned 3 times oh and th.ey changed beddin on 9th day
Please don't waste your money going here it need closing down and refurbished
One nite there was a BBQ for tea and the sausage was still blood in minute manager told chef about it he just shook his shoulders and kept on cooking enough said !!!!

Room Tip: Don't go go self catering to an apartment
3 Thank Charlie G