“Lovely Family Holiday”
Review of Oasis Village

Oasis Village
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this island for the first time and really enjoyed our time here.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and it was clean and we'll decorated throughout.

We had requested, at the time of booking, a first floor room and we're pleasantly surprised that they had honoured our request. It was spacious and well equipped with a massive balcony which was perfect. Th room was cleaned three times during the week if I remember correctly.

The kids loved the fresh water pool, which I found a bit cold, and the water was clean.

The food was good and there was a large selection as well as themed nights which the kids loved.

All in all we had a lovely holiday and the hotel and it's staff definitely added to our satisfaction.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andy I
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

dear client,thank you very much for your friendly words.we are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the oasis village.we are delighted to hear that your kids loved the theme nights in the restaurant and that your room has been as you requested.if you are going to plan a second stay at fuerteventura we would feel very lucky to welcome you again.

sunny regards

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Where do I start, good points I suppose. Pool area lovely, staff hardworking. Good location, bingo fab saying as we won the snowball 1,565 euros and 300 on the night time. Bad points. Food was awful, my husband got food poisoning and yes I know he did because I'm a nurse. Snacks very limited for limited period and the pigeons have free run of them because its not manned, bar ran out of beer and never any ice cream, pop went off regularly. Had to eat out for evening meals. No air con, no fans left to hire, I had to sleep with a wet towel to cool down, we paid a fortune for this holiday and should of received a better deal, spoke to manager who was no help. Entertainment team good but people had to pay extra for things for their children which I have never known before in all inclusive. Sheets n bedding only changed once. No working air con in restaurant. No snacks after half 3, I have never known that they usually last till 11pm. Cups were tiny and they never filled them to the top. Slush never ready and gone in seconds when it was. Food catered more for European mainly French. We went to the manager with 32 complaints and stood in a long Que. the food is awful awful awful, such a shame cos this could be a lovely place. Not a 3 star at all would never go back I'm afraid, please don't book if ur looking for a decent family holiday I paid £935 for my hubby alone for 10nights, never again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Sharon S
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

dear guest,thank you for taking your time for sharing your holiday impressions,although we did not live up to your expectations we appreciate your honest words.

valerie ,management oasis village

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very basic , does not deserve it's 3 stars in my opinion. I paid for 3 adults and a child in a one bedroom apartment, there was 2 beds, a sofa/daybed and what can only be described as an occasional foldaway bed, all the beds were uncomfortable, the room was stifling with no air con so we got a fan at a price of 12 euro a week with a 20 euro deposit which is repayable when fan is returned. Where to start, it's a nice complex but massively understaffed, the bar area being the most understaffed, we went high season 30th July til 13th august and most of the day the bar was manned by 1 person whom was responsible for keeping the bar and snack area clean as well as do the bar, the queues were horrendous all day long. Children were only allowed 2 drinks at a time, adults 4, I was rudely told this by an overworked bar man on day 1. Considering the queues were so long it was a silly rule. The cleaners were invisible, we were there 14 days and had our sheets changed on day 12 and only because we requested a change somewhat firmly, our towels were only changed twice in 14 days and when I asked for a towel change I was told by a stern lady at reception I was not being truthful. I was not the only person complaining of the cleanliness, even after the cleaner had left the room was still dirty. The pool area was sticky and unkempt because only one man was looking after a very large area. The food was at best almost edible, not at all tasty, we did find something to eat and none of us got sick but it was very bland and samey. Most adults went to the kids bit to eat as the other stuff was mostly sloppy and stewed. The rep was told by a few of our neighbours of theirs and our complaints and although a meeting was promised to voice concerns of all of above comments a meeting never happened while we were there. The only saviour to this place was the Thomas cook entertainment team who were wonderful, making sure we all enjoyed ourselves, they worked tirelessly with a smile for all and with such energy, I was worn out watching them. Without them I would have cut our. Holiday short as it's the only thing this hotel has that's any good. The show bar had 2 pool tables which were rarely working together and again the queues for the bar were awful, I've never queued so much in all my life. The pool was was nice and big but there were a lot of tiles missing and This whole place could do with a lick of paint and a good deep clean. During our stay we had 3 days without hot water and the drains played up so they cut the water supply without warning or explanation for about 6 hours so the only thing to drink was draft beer and fruit juice, there was no way of washing hands or flushing the toilet. The beer ran out fast and only bottled water was offered at a price of 1.50. The air. Con packed up in the dining room so it made it awful to eat in there, the staff were melting as bad as us, we were told they didn't know when It would be fixed but they hoped it was soon, we came home and it wasn't fixed by then. The snack bar in the pool area ran out of food as soon as it was put out and it was rare to see an all inclusive icecream there although there were always ice creams to buy. I cannot praise the entertainment team enough, they were tremendous and as I've said , the only reason to visit this place. I will not be returning, they need to step up the staff especially bar and cleaning.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pools are very noisy, in fact because the place is mostly circular the sound travel...
3  Thank Dawn J
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

dear guest,
thank your for leaving your review of your holiday impressions, although there are some negatives,it is important for us to get all kind of feedbacks and i am sure that your review will help us to improve our services.
regarding your comments about the aircondition in the rooms i would like to point out, that we do not anounce to have aircondition in the rooms in any brochure or on any other platform.
thank your for your nice words about the entertainers and their daily efforts they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed their programme.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel, the hotel it's self is very nice, two main pools, one lower level, one higher level where the toddlers pool is also situated. The ground of the hotel are quite nice. The room we had was spacious, there was three of us, our son had a bed in the lounge which was ok but was a bit uncomfortable. We had two single beds which were firm. There is no kitchen, you have a kettle and a fridge. We didn't trust the fridge as it is in a cupboard under the sideboard type thing. Which was very warm, we kept a couple of things in it, but not for long, especially milk as it did go off after a day. The other thing with the rooms is there is no air conditioning of any form, you can rent a fan from reception at a cost of 30 Euros, you do get 20 Euros back on return. You can leave the doors slightly open but you may get a visit from one of the hotel cats, as we did, of a cockroach. The whole place is well maintained, however the cleaning of rooms and changing of bed linen and towels isn't that brilliant. We had our towels changed twice in two weeks, when it should of been twice a week. Bed linen was changed nine days after we arrived. All inclusive food, breakfast you couldn't fault, cereals cooked etc . However lunch and evening meals left a lot to be desired . The food was mostly Spanish or Italian, they did have themed nights which we thought would be good, wrong how you can muck up a Chinese meal I'll never know, but they did. It was our first time doing all inclusive and it was our last. The staff that cleared the tables in the dining room were excellent, they really worked hard. For the kids and teenagers there are clubs. Again the staff on these work very hard. And then there is the entertainment staff who also work none stop, however if you decide to go please have some respect for them as they do work damn hard and some people took it upon themselves to throw some of them into the pool, now this may seem like fun, and the staff do get into the pool for various things, but on their own term and when they get their shoes off and leave their mobiles in the office. But some morons think that they've paid all inclusive this gives them the right to do whatever they want. The staff because of this had to spend the rest of the day doing various activities in bare feet. They start at ten in the morning and go onto about eleven pm. If you want to go and look around there isn't much to see, Oasis Park is well worth a visit and the Aqua Park is good, other than that that's it really, there is a market just up the road by the Aqua Park on Tuesdays and Fridays which isn't bad.

Room Tip: A room with a pool view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vic012

dear guest,thank you very much for your nice review which we have been reading with interest.certainly there are always things to improve and that is why our guest´s reviews are so important to us.we are happy to read that you found the hotel it self very nice and we feel very grateful about your kind words regarding the daily efforts of our entertainment team.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We just got back yesterday, 6th -13th August 2014. Overall enjoyed our stay at oasis village. In the first few days there were a few problems regarding food and drink, I complained to the rep and it was sorted out, my advice is if you have any issues like beer running out, soft drink machine breaking, and teenagers not allowed slush puppies, no snack food between restaurant timings. Then go and see the rep and they will speak to the manager. It all got resolved, if you keep quiet then things won’t change and it could spoil your holiday. There is no food after the dinner time and you are only allowed in there once so don’t go to dinner too early otherwise you will get hungry, for all inclusive that’s poor and is more like full board. Cocktails were nice ;)
One thing that spoilt it for us at the end was that we wanted a late checkout room that Thomas cook said it was not necessary to pre book as the hotel has loads. Only to discover the hotel does not provide them and you have to leave your bags in an unsecured corridor, two showers for everyone to use. Lucky I took from UK readymade formula for my baby as had no way of making up bottles for journey home once I had checked out at midday (flight was @2055)

Bad bit done

The hotels location is perfect, 5 minute walk to the main strip. Next to the hotel is a water park and mini golf course. Opposite the hotel is a clock tower where you can go to the top in the day and night, well worth a visit with spectacular views. Also one shop we recommend is TOP HATS situated about half way down the Strip, they custom make snap back hats €15 and baseball caps €10 with free text stitching on the front.
our party consisted of 5 adults 2 teenagers 12 year old, 4 year old, 1 year old and a 9 month baby, there was something for everyone, the kids loved the entrainment (Thomas cook crew and Julian (hotel staff) he was great with the kids) lots of activities, by far the best day time entertainment we have ever had. Another good thing is you do not need to get up early to reserve a sun bed if you want a particular place then I would say it’s best to come out about 7.30 just before breakfast but if not fussy then there were still sun beds available when breakfast finished at 10.00 which I am sure you will agree is usually unheard of in August!

The beach is amazing sorry AMAZING. The sand is soft and no stones/cobbles, the sea is clear and clean, no shops or bars (take water) just miles of sand dunes and mountains. The waves were great we had loads of fun jumping the waves. They had camel rides approx 30-40 mins €7 adults’ €5 kids. It can get windy but that’s the island for you, so take a wind breaker screen. But the breeze cools you. A taxi costs €6 for an eight person taxi (can take pushchairs in the boot) from the hotel (recommended) we tried to walk to the beach but ended up at a nudist beach lol (if you see half circle rock walls be careful you might be on a nudist beach) . We could not get passed with the pushchairs as the its all sand, however if you wanted to you can walk to it.

The rooms are fine, the rooms by the pool have great view but are hot and they don’t have a kitchenette. We wanted a pool view but quickly realised we were better on the second floor.

35 minute coach transfer

This hotel is on our list to return to if we come back to the island,

4  Thank Darren W
OasisFue, Manager at Oasis Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

dear client,thank you very much for sharing your sincere opinion and your impressions of your stay.i feel very happy that we have been able to help you with your issues. we feel very grateful about your kind words regarding the daily efforts of all of our staff and especially the entertainers.
Regarding your last day ,we feel sorry but we hope that you understand that in high season when we are fully booked it impossible for us to provide rooms for a late check out.
thank you for your info about the lack of possibilties to prepare baby bottles on your last day, we would like to inform you that we will improve this issue in the nearer future.
we would feel lucky to welcome you again at the oasis village and corralejo.

sunny regards
valerie,management oasis village

Reviewed 14 August 2014

First impressions were good as reception staff were very friendly and check in was quick BUT a few things changed our mind!The main thing being the awful food in the dining hall and the presence of cockroaches around the food area..Although we paid to be fully inclusive we ate most of our food out.The pool bar was supposed to supply snacks until 5pm but there was invariably no food in sight by 2.30.Other complaints were that hot water for showers etc was seldom even luke warm,bed linen had holes in it and towels were like sheets of cardboard.We did however enjoy the excellent swimming pools!!! I shall be advising the staff at our local Thomas Cook to think twice before sending their customers here.It would be fine if you just want to swim or sit and do absolutely nothing all day--oh I forgot you can play 1 game of snowball bingo each day for 5 euros!!!!Luckily we could afford to go out away from Oasis Village each day so despite our complaints we had a good holiday.Must say that although the room was very basic it made a good base.

3  Thank Fox1407

dear client,thank your very much for sharing your opinion.although you did not really found what you have been looking for we appreciate your honest words.of course your issues will be discussed in our next manager meeting as we are working very hard to improve constantly our services.

valerie,management oasis village

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews i am very nervous about taking my nearly 3yr old here next month. I really hope i havent wasted my money :( worried most about the food, alot of people have said that it is rubbish and the last thing i want is food poisioning.

Stayed: August 2014