3,076 results
All reviews entertainment team salt water thomas cook team salad pool bar kids club lower pool evening entertainment great holiday water park plenty of sunbeds rooms are huge fussy eater small fridge family holiday chicken nuggets three star
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that not everything was a disappointment but the overall experience with the hotel wasn't good.
We arrived in the afternoon and are able to check in after about 30mins as only one lady on the desk checking on a good 30 odd people. The lady was lovely and welcoming but really 2 people should have been checking people in. On the first day I accidently smashed one of the glasses that was provided in the bathroom while removing my contacts. It took 3 days and a complaint to the manager to have someone clean it up. I requested several times and was assured a maid would come and give the bathroom a sweep. This didn't happen. I saw a maid go into my apparenment upon leaving but I have no idea what she was doing as it wasn't cleaning the bathroom. There was glass everywhere. Other than this accident the room was clean and tidy. The bed in the living room was like sleeping on rocks. We decided to have a swim in the pool and as I got out my son floated over to the deep end while playing and the lifeguard told my son to stop shouting when he was calling for help as he couldn't swim properly in the deep end. The life guard was more concerned about his phone than the children in the pool. Several people commented on the rudeness from the lifeguard. When we went to eat there was plastic in my food due to a bowl being used for vegetables that was broken. The appartment door also didn't lock properly and this was a little frightening. Other than this the food was ok. Breakfast was better but they had something for everyone. The locals were nice and the weather was beaming. Overall a cheap all inclusive holiday for a bit of sun and sea however don't expect too much this is not a 5 star hotel. I would recommend going to the old town in the evening for live local entertainment and the aqua park was brilliant for the kids. The Lanzarote excursions were great fun and a good way to visit 2 islands. The Spanish market across the road was lovely but the African one in the aqua car park was a little aggressive.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Oasis Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Mums1stChoice,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We greatly appreciate your comments. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. We hope that we can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to us directly at if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I will share my experience from start to finish, because although we had a good time some improvements are needed.

Firstly we arrived on 9/06/18 and left on the 23/06/18 for a family of five with 3 children ranging from 2-10 flying with Thomas cook going all inclusive.

Upon arriving at the hotel i have to say its reception area is impressive, large open clean space, this goes for the rest of the complex with exception to house keeping,
the rooms are clean it was just the upkeep of them which let them down, towels rarely changed along with the bed linen, if this was better it would make all the difference.

To me all inclusive should mean everything is included, im fine with laying down deposit's but then rental charges on top of an all inclusive package seems a little bit cheeky, for instants 20 euro deposit on a safe with a 3 euro a day charge is excessive, its also the same amount for a fan and a stroller pram.
If you want to play tennis its also the same deposit with a higher rental charge, the courts are part of the resort, why do we have to pay for this?

THE FOOD- this for me was the biggest let down of all.....

Breakfast is by far the best from what is on offer, your standard english breakfast with the usual sides of cereal fruits etc, i think most people will find something to eat in the morning.

Lunch.. if it was not for the kids bar i think i may of starved on this holiday, kids bar roughly the same everyday, chips burgers chicken nuggets etc, the adults food was just not very good to put it nicely.

Dinner is just a recycle of lunch so not much to say here.

Entertainment is quite good in my opinion but it does cater more for the french than anybody else, the animation team for the english are really great and friendly, the 2 girls (veda?) and the tall blonde guy always make sure you are ok and try to get you to join in with as much as possible, water polo is great fun along with the volleyball and football.

The swimming pools are salt water, this is not a problem for but i see a few people around the complex moaning from time to time, to me its still water and the pools are really nice and well maintained, two large ones and a shallow safe kids pool.
I very much doubt anyone will struggle to get a sunbed here and shade can be found easily if you want it.

overall we had an excellent time here, its just a few things that could of made it so much better, a holiday is what you make it after all.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank james a
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Oasis Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear james a,

Thank you for your detailed review.

We are glad that you had overall a good stay at Oasis Village. On the other hand we appreciate your helpful remarks which helps us to improve, but for sure, we are sorry that we not able to met all your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back soon to offer you an even better experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Never had a room in a hot country with no aircom before. I felt the hotel has been done to a poor standard and i paid for premium wifi that hardly worked even when the recptionist said it worked in the room and poolside in the end still had to use my data.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eugene8829

Dear Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about your recent stay at our hotel!

Sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced during your recent stay with us. We constantly work on improving our guests’ satisfaction; therefore, your feedback, positive or negative, helps us to see our product through the eyes of our guests and is highly valuable to us. The sadder we are to read that your stay was disturbed by the loud music at the pool. Please contact us the next time directly so that we are able to resolve this problem right away.

Again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback – we would be more than happy to welcome you again soon to offer you an even better experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I have just come back from 11 nights at this hotel. After reading some reviews before I left I was quite reserved with regards to the French aspect. I can say that this hotel is amazing, yes the entertainment is French but they also speak in english, most nights there was two presenters one speaking English and the other speaking French! TUI have taken over the entertainment, but most of the staff are English speaking. In particular Veida and Craig I found were the most welcoming, easy to talk to and fun to be around! The food is to the standard of a 3 star hotel, there is plenty to eat. The rooms are very clean and the cleaners are lovely. The bar staff are fantastic after 1 night they knew our drinks! Overall this was a pleasurable holiday, I would absolutely return again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Becca571994

Dear Becca571994,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our TripAdvisor page.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We have already showed our staff your kind remarks to our team members. They were very happy and proud. EVERY guest is important to us and we value each and every comment.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were staying in this hotel 30 May - 6 June. Family with 3 children. We got it as a good deal through Thomas Cook. First of all I must say - it's far from the sea. You only have 2 good size pools in the hotel. The pools are really probably the best thing in this hotel. You can always find a spot on the chair and the water is clean and a little bit salty which reminds sea water. I liked it because I hate pools with lots of chlorine in them.
Second best thing in the hotel is restaurant, food and restaurant staff. During the day you have pool bar where you can find snacks to eat and drinks if all inclusive. I liked restaurant food and can't blame for nothing unlike my husband who always moaned about it. But he moans everywhere. The restaurant staff is extremely helpful, always friendly. They do their best to please you. You have to be very proud of them! I didn't like receptionists. They just do their job. Not too friendly compared to restaurant staff. Well. Rooms. I liked the apartments with the kitchen. You have a fridge, a kettle, a toaster and plates and cutlery. This feature was a big bonus. Cleaning - bad. I saw room attendants sweeping rubbish into the hedge that is next to the apartments. Terrible!
Now, the worst thing! During our stay of 7 nights our bed linen has never been changed and towels just once! When I went to reception to ask why is that, they said sorry but it's such a contract with Thomas Cook. They said towels have to be changed 2 times a week and bed linen once. I said why it has never been changed, they said “Sorry” and that’s it. So I think that something is wrong with the hotel’s management.
Evening entertainment is not interesting. But what do you expect from a 3 star hotel. There is animacion staff that should entertain guests and they do their best. But just it’s cheap as you can see that hotel doesn’t hire any entertainment from the outside, like dancing or singing bands. They have their own staff that suppose to “entertain”. I would say, don’t try to save money on that, because the hotel looks cheap. In the evening there’s nothing else to do, either you go to watch this terrible karaoke or Bingo or children jumping on the stage uncontrolled or go to sleep. I would never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank EuRimm

DearEuRimm,

Many thanks for your review through TripAdvisor!

We regret to see that we were not able to meet your expectations in a number of aspects of your stay such as attitudes of our team members, animations as well as housekeeping staff. We shared your comment with the related department head in order to prevent similar problems from reoccurring. Furthermore our housekeeping do a very good job. We think their overlooked your room. Our sincere apology for that! Nevertheless, thank you for your praise regarding our pool area, food and restaraunt staff. If you do ever change your mind to visit us again, it will be a pleasure to welcoming you back!