We found the hotel to be a really nice place to stay, with all the staff without exception going out of their way to be as helpful as possible. The rooms, pools and general areas we found to always be clean, although at times the there was often a great number of paper and plastic cups blowing around the pool area, however they were regularly cleaned up and this is windy Fuerteventura after all. Food we found to be good and plentiful with a reasonable, if not great range of options. It was possible to get food from 0730 through to 2100 every day and for those that wanted it, alcohol from 1000 to 2300 each day, yes there were queues at the bar in the evening, however, they were short and the bar staff very quick. Equally of use was the ability to request a picnic from reception, as long as it had to be ordered by 1900 the previous night. Although not the closest hotel to the beaches or the town center, it was within easy walking distance and over the road is a commercial centre with a Hypo Dino supermarket and some other shops. The local taxi rank and bus stops were only a few minutes walk away. Of note we found a taxi to the local beaches at Los Hoteles cost roughly the same as the bus with the added benefit of not having to wait in any queues and some people we met up with said they were able to use the showers in the hotel complex before they returned back to our hotel. There is a water park right beside the complex, which although expensive is a full days activity (top tip for this don’t bother hiring your own ring when you get there as there are always plenty of free one’s to use).
The apartments were very roomy consisting of bathroom, master bedroom and lounge come bedroom. We had the additional benefit of having an upstairs room with a large balcony which allowed us to leave the windows open each night. The maids did an excellent job of tidying our room almost on a daily basis, although the towels had seen better days. There was a small fridge which the most notable was it didn’t keep you awake all night (which has to be a first for any hotel we have stayed in), and was adequate enough to put water and a few other items in. There was a TV which could be paid for (only two English channels), but we didn’t bother with it as yet we found more than enough to do both on the beaches and around the hotel for us not to require it.
The entertainers did very well with very little resources, with poolside activities if you wanted to join in from 10.30 to 17.00. They then returni in the evening to host the mini disco, bingo and then the entertainment, which were either the Thomas Cook entertainers themselves or the odd local act. After which was a disco which ran up to 1am.
The only downside of the holiday were the groups of teenagers, both British and foreign abandoned by their parents, who roamed the poolside and complex after dark wrecking things in the process. The police had to be called in one night as they had let of a fire extinguisher.
All in all would we stay there again, yes very much so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Village, Apartments in Corralejo, with modern facilities and a wide range of services in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Built in 2000 and renovated in 2010, the resort covers an area of 44,000 m2. This great complex of Apartments in Corralejo is situated 1500 meters from the beach and 800 meters from the center of Corralejo. It is also located close to many tourist attractions in Corralejo, including the Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo, placed just 2 km away, and water and leisure park, Acua, just 50m. Oasis Village Apartments feature 207 rooms, 4 of which are designated and designed for disabled guests and 96 are equipped with kitchenette. All of them have furnished balcony or terrace. It has large gardens and spacious common areas, among other features that make it the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Corralejo. We offer different plans of meals. From Self Catering until All Inclusive, with which you can enjoy international meals and some drinks from 8am until 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Oasis Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Village Corralejo
- Oasis Village Fuerteventura/Corralejo
- Oasis Village Hotel Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Village
- Fuerteventura Oasis Village