Las Marismas de Corralejo
Alisios Playa(Corralejo)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
2,253 results
All reviewsmini golfself cateringcrazy golfpool barceiling fan in the bedroomdouble balconywater parkkids cluball inclusive guestskids poolplenty of sunbedsmini marketthe main stripon site shopno air conpatio doorsreception staff
Reviewed 21 December 2008

As most have mentioned the hotel is modern clean(ish) and could easily be a 4 star, HOWEVER, I think I drew the short straw when it came to rooms. I joined my sister and her family 3 days later into their holiday and I was placed next to them which was great for me as I was alone with my 9 month old baby. When I checked in It was 9pm and I had my suitcase, a baby changing bag and the pram with baby, the receptionist gave me a map and told me where to go, at this point I looked at her rather blankly and explained that I couldnt start wandering around the complex looking for a room whilst pulling a suitcase and pram and my sister wasn't in her room to come and help, at first she said there was nothing they could do as there was nobody to help, but then spotted a maintainence man and asked him to help me, so luckly that little problem was resolved.

Upon entering my room, I was impressed by the size and how clean it looked, i put my suitcase in my room and then went out to dinner. I came back around 11pm and to my horror there was the fattest cockroach I had ever seen, I called my sisters husband to come and dispose of it, and after a few hours of checking every nook and cranny I finally dozed off.

The next evening after dinner, I got back to my room to again find 2 cockraoches, this time I had bought some spray and although slow acting they seemed to do the job, I called reception to remove them as I had no intentions of picking them up, and asked for a room change but apparently they would not be able to move me untill the morning as they had no rooms even though the hotel was only half full!! After they had been removed, i saw another one, at this point I knew I would not be able to sleep for the whole night, again I sprayed and the man came to remove them, and he also gave my apartment a good spraying, which meant me and my baby had to breathe in the fumes as it was after midnight at this point and didnt exactly have anywhere to go so we stood by the open door, it must have been about 3am before I managed to get some sleep but at least as far as I could see the coaches were gone.

In the morning the cleaner had come to do my room, I can only presume I had the laziest one, as at the time she cleaned my room nobody knew I would be changing rooms so that can not be an excuse for the lack of cleaning, besides making the bed, and giving the sink a wipe, there was nothing else that was done, there were still dead baby roaches on the floor that had come out of their hiding place during the night, and general dirt and dust and not to mention roach spray on the floor, yet none of this was swept or mopped, which meant I could not put the baby down. I also discovered my sister had 2 little roaches in her bathroom, but these were the only 2 she had seen during her holiday, i think this is because they were all in my room. I finally changed rooms which did turn out to be roach free, however i was on the 2nd floor, and the previous guests were heavy smokers as the room was very smokey, but i only had 2 days left and the smokey room was a better option for me rather than roaches.

Had it been i started off in the cockroach free room, then this review would be more positive, even with the poor excuse for cleaning as it was no better in the 2nd room than the 1st, but with the combo of the cockroaches, poor standard of cleaning to the point that dead insects are not swept and the smoke filled room i was moved to, i really cant find anything else good to say other than the things mentioned at the begining of my review

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank hoxtonbabe
Reviewed 12 December 2008

MARISMAS DE CORRALEJO---- FUERTAVENTURA.
29.11.08-06.12.08.
EXCELLENT COMPLEX.
Studied Trip Advisor on many occasions for info on possible Hotels/apartments all over the World. las marismas ticked all the boxes in previous reviews and we went for it!
What a nice Suprise! Everything other people said about Complex was true. More like a Four Star than Three. Food was very eatable but lacked Vroom. I suppose this is because it truly is an International Island and have to cater for all tastes.(there was always some way of Spicing Up your meal by adding sauces from the Hotter Dishes.
The All Inclusive option was a Fair deal. I do not like Spanish Whiskey but was happy to pay 1.25Er for my Scotish Ballantine.
We had North facing Aspect on Balcony so no Sun but have made note of room numbers we want for next year.
All in all very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kenjd111
Reviewed 28 November 2008

Second time at Las Marismas and it was just as good. Still don't rate the food though. Had a look in the restaurant most nights and it was distinctly average so we ate out.

But the accomodation and management were very good as always. It's a little walk from the "Old town", but not overly and helps to offset the food!

We ate everywhere, so we know where all the good examples of each Genre are - And probably the most enjoyable music bar I have ever been in.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bunker_Dude
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Las Marismas
Corralejo 22nd October to 29th October.

Soon after we arrived in Feuterventura, we were told that they were having the worst weather for October since 1971. On the very first day, after about two hours the skies opened and it poured it down but that was the only rain for the whole of a holiday. I suspect this rainfall was unusual. The weather was absolutely beautiful throughout the holiday, and we never had to wear a jumper or coat of any description. It was cloudy some of the time and Fuerteventura is windy but super if you are fair skinned. Enough of the weather!

Las Marismas was simply wonderful. We went all-inclusive and at no point in the week were we disappointed by anything they provided. The pool bar was open throughout the day and in the evening the main bar opened. We were entitled to local drinks but this did not matter, the children had constant fresh orange juice throughout the day. The food for all three meals was buffet style but there was lots and lots of variety. The secret was not to try to eat everything on the first day. For breakfast and evening meal chef was on hand to cook meat on a griddle. We did go out to a restaurant for a meal on one day but were relieved to get back to the complex.

There were six of us in the party and we had three apartments which joined on to each other. An apartment has a bedroom with a super king-size double bed, a lounge and kitchen room and a bathroom. All of them were large and impeccably clean and tidy. I am not sure whether they were quite good enough to self cater. A small problem with the safe was fixed within five minutes of reporting it.

The complex itself is very large and includes two swimming pools,) we only found out later that one of these was heated!) A children's pool, a children's entertainment area, a gym, crazy golf and a tennis court. There is a shop reasonably well stocked and not any more expensive than the town. The whole ambience of the place is of something built to last.

People have commented on this site how friendly the staffs were. I can only confirm how lovely every single one of them was. This is a very well-managed operation.

Occasionally in the evening there was entertainment. The magic show was particularly entertaining but don't sit on the front row! The out of season children’s club looked very well run BUT it was only suitable for children under 6. (mine were 7, 9 and 11 but they had a good time swimming and on the mini golf). It is not quite big enough to lie by the pool whilst your children are entertained by someone else.

Although we did stay in the complex for a good deal of the holiday we did do other things. We went on a days snorkelling to los Lobos. It was a fantastic but the ride across was in a very small motor boat which scared my mother-in-law half to death. We hired a car for a day, at a very reasonable rate, and went around the north of the island. I heartily recommend El Castillo which has some lovely little lagoons to swim in. We also went on a day trip to Lanzarote to see the volcanoes. This again was very well organised.

I would love to have a few things to say that a negative (The birds eating food in the pool bar were a bit disconcerting) just so that I look a little objective about the holiday but it really was quite superb.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank BurlBrown
Reviewed 5 November 2008

We have just come back from a week in Cprralejo, staying at Las Marismas, and had a wonderful time. The apartment was perfect, large, clean and spacious, well appointed, with everything you could want for a self catering holiday. I was particularly impressed with the double basins in the marble bathroom! We had a problem with the cooker tripping out the power one night, but this was fixed within 10 minutes, and everything else worked perfectly, and the rooms were cleaned every day, linen and towels changed 3 times in a week.

The pools are great, very clean, with a lifeguard, though the water was slightly chilly at this time of year, mainly because the island is quite windy, and the weather slightly unpredictable, but this did not stop my 4 year old being constantly in the pool, and making lots of friends there. There are nice sunlongers, with mattresses, and you can get pool towels from reception which is handy to lighten your luggage!

We had breakfast in the restaurant a couple of times, which had a good choice, and kids ate free, and the food for all inclusive guests looked good, though I would go self catering again next time, as there are so many lovely restaurants (great fish by the harbour, and Poco Loco on the main strip is lovely for barbecued food).

The hotel is across the road from a water and amusement park, though this was closed most days we were there, as it wasn't warm enough apparently. despite being advertised as still open.

The clientele were mainly young families, and retired couples, no groups of singles, and few couples without children.

There is a kids club on site, with a nice safe and shaded playground and some entertainment in the bar most evenings, nothing too cheesy or tacky, and plenty to do in the village if you don't fancy it.

Taxis are dirt cheap, as is car hire, so it's easy to see more of the island, and the hotel runs a shuttle to the beach. Avoid the Netto supermarket, very expensive, head to the Spar in town, or to be honest, the mini market in the complex had pretty much everything you would need, for the same price as many of the closer supermarkets.

All in all, we had a fabulous time, we will go again, and would thoroughly recommend Las Marismas, particularly for families.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family