We went to this hotel the same week last year. Whilst we had a good holiday overall the issues we had with the room prevent us from giving this hotel an excellent rating and in desperate need of sleep on our return.....
A lot of what we really liked about the hotel is still true. The communal areas and gardens are well maintained and always clean and tidy.
The Annimation team were once again excellent, you can tell that they really love working in the hotel and are always smiling. They try to get everyone involved in the full activity programme - but don't pester you if you just want to relax and read. The main event of the day is the 4pm volleyball which is always entertaining.
The food in all of the restaurants is good quality. Lots of choice if you are on a gluten free diet. The breakfast choice is excellent, make sure you get one (or two) of the freshly made smoothies, they really set you up for the day. Also check out the Spanish restaurant. The lamb is slow cooked so super tender.
The night time bars are the Plaza, the Rock Café (adults only) and the lobby bar. All had a relaxed atmosphere and service was super quick despite them being really busy.
New since we last went was an adults only area. We didn't bother with this because we didn't want to pay the 8 euros per day per person charge. Also we liked the atmosphere at the pool bar.
The all inclusive package is good, lots of drinks choices and you can pour you own wine and beer in the main restaurant. The package finishes at 11pm each night (winter season) and 12 midnight peak season. If you do tip past 11 then you will purchase drinks at a reduced price. You can put 30 euros on your room card - so you don't need to carry cash.
Pool towels were 20 euros each which you get back at the end of your stay and you can also change then for free once per week.
The gym was adequate and it was free which was a bonus.
The only downside we could find was check in took about 20 minutes due to the high volume of people and only 3 staff. Our room also wasn't ready when we arrived so we had to wait about 40 minutes before we could freshen up (not great after a 4 hour flight). Also our room was next to the main road so the road noise was constant. Our bathroom window was broken so we couldn't shut out the noise at night. We did tell reception - but it stayed broken for our one week stay. We taped it shut which helped a little. Also our air conditioner unit didn't seem to work so even in December the room got very stuffy at night. Our balcony should have over looked one of the pools. But the foliage was so tall it blocked out all view and sun light. Also our front door would only lock if you gave it a slam - so apologies for anyone in the rooms nearby who heard us slamming the door.
The resort itself hasn't changed much. There is a nice selection of bars and restaurants if you want to escape the hotel. You can walk to the centre either along the beach or up the main road. Its about a 20 - 30 minute walk and worth the trip. A taxi costs about 3 euro. If you like live music then a lot of the bars have good quality bands playing. Average cost of a large beer is about 3.50 euros. The underground is a nice pub to go to if you want to watch football.
Would we go back for a 3rd time? Perhaps - this is due to our poor room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort with 65.000m2 is located 50 meters from the beach, on Fuerteventura's north coast. It offers 7 swimming pools, a "Wellness Center", fitness centre and large suites with private balconies. WIFI free of charge in whole hotel. The suites are restyled and newly decorated. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort has 4 restaurants, the varied and comprehensive buffet-restaurant "Gaudí", the new Spanish restaurant "Atrium", the "Rambutan: Asian & Veggie", Asian and vegetarian fusion cuisine and the new "La Scala", exclusive for "Adults Only Premium Club" guests. There are also 6 bars, such as a cocktail bar, a poolside snack bar and a disco. The younger guests will love the Atlantini Mini Club (for ages 4-12) and Kids Club (7-12) as well as the playground and pool fun and games. “Atlantis Teen Lounge”, a dedicated space where the young people can have fun and meet new friends, play consoles like the X Box or Play Station, cinema, reading or chatting. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort's leisure facilities include an amphitheatre and the hotel offers a wide range of activities and animation during all the day. There is also a beach club, the "Water Sports Experience" and a supermarket on site. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the beaches. ADULT ONLY PREMIUM CLUB: The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort offers an exclusive area "Adults Only older than 16 years old", with great facilities and a first class service. New in Premium Club: exclusive area with solarium and Chill Out with Balinese beds and deluxe sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Be Live Hotel Corralejo
- Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Suite Hotel
- Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Corralejo