We arrived about 13.45 and Luisa who checked us in suggested we go have lunch while she enquired if our suite was ready. She gave us a map, 3 or 4 photocopied sheets containing information about the hotel and promised she would send our bags to our room. She didn’t - and the information was 100% in German. Not a good start. After lunch we returned to reception where a different receptionist exchanged our German info for an English copy and pointed us in the general direction of our suite. There are little coloured signposts everywhere with suite/room numbers on them: eg 1234-1255. Unfortunately the one which should have included our number was not showing it: unknown to us it contained an error which meant that our room was not included. We asked two different members of the domestic staff for directions, showing them our suite number and both pointed us in what turned out to be the totally wrong direction. Why, why, would they do that? Fortunately the driver of the little electric buggy that carts laundry around, not only took us to our door, but also loaded the 2 suitcases, that I had been dragging around whilst being sent on a wild goose-chase, into the buggy and then carried them upstairs to our suite. That poor start was, I’m happy to say, the only negative part of our holiday.
The hotel is spread out over a largish site which includes 7 swimming pools and at least 4 bars. A useful map, with numbered locations is supplied at reception but it could be misleading, as for example the sandwich factory, the pool bar and the Asian restaurant all had a separate number but are in fact all in the same building; the pool bar converting to a restaurant after 6pm. Likewise, the (beach) towel changing station appears to be beside the fitness club but is actually inside it, which I discovered by chance when I went in to ask where the towel changing facility was. An odd feature of the towel changing is that despite having to pay a (refundable) 20 Euros to rent a towel, one is only permitted to change it after a week’s use! The grounds are kept in superb condition and feature dozens of different species of plants, bushes and trees.
All accommodation is in one storey blocks of about 20 suites, each with its own balcony. Go for a first floor one for greater privacy. Our room/suite was large, attractively decorated and with a sitting room area adjacent to a vast bedroom. This could be closed off with sliding, concertinaed wooden doors. The sitting room contained an armchair and a sofa bed. The TV was on a table with wheels which allowed it to be taken into the bedroom. The bed was bigger than superking size and there were about 8 feet of wardrobe space, plus ample drawer/shelf storage. Attractive, colourful, landscape prints by the Dutch artist Hans Paus hung on the walls. There was a high level of cleanliness throughout. The bathroom was spacious and with a window, the outside of which contained a fine mesh covering, that allowed one to open the window without risking an invasion of insects. Towels were large and fluffy and, with the sheets, were changed regularly.
One of the best features of this hotel is the dining experience. The variety of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner was amazing. Up to 8 different fruit juices at breakfast and 7 or 8 different types of fruit, plus a range of cereals and breads, and many varieties of cold meats and cheeses. There were grill chefs present at every meal, cooking a wide range of different meats (including goat, one night) and fish. There were 3 different soups for both lunch and dinner. A terrific selection of salads and (a first for us) cold sparkling wine at breakfast! Wine (white, red and Sangria) beer and excellent coffee were available at lunch and dinner. The presentation of everything was of a very high order. The dining room contains an “adults only” section but was limited in size, in which the seating was rather cramped and which did not prevent one form hearing the noise made by very young children just outside the adults only section. You could pay a supplement for a suite in an adults only complex which has its own bar but you would still have to eat in the adults only section of the main restaurant. There are two a la carte restaurants; the Molinos (Spanish) and an Asian one (which we did not sample) each of which one is allowed to dine at on the all inclusive tariff. You must book for each and bookings are only accepted 48 hours in advance. Our experience at Molinos was not good The tapas starter contained 2 savoury items (and a pear sorbet) both of which contained meat. As a non-meat eater I would have expected to have been offered non meat replacements but I wasn’t. The waiter who brought us our main courses never returned to our table and I was obliged to leave the table and choose my dessert myself.
Unlike many hotels which restrict the drinks offered on the all inclusive tariff, The Atlantis was very generous in this respect. All types of spirits were available, although you had to pay for famous branded spirits; but only half the price charged to those not on all inclusive. There were even about 10 cocktails available to all inclusive guests, The staff in the restaurant and in all the bars were friendly, polite, professional and efficient, but a special word of praise to Manuel from Argentina who was a star.
Finally, a word about the animation team. We had never seen such rank amateurs displaying really unprofessional behaviour: some members were clearly outright exhibitionists whose main objective appeared to be “look at ME!”. Fortunately they confined their activities to the area outside the pool bar, so it was possible to escape their antics. It is possibly unfair to single out one of them, but the young woman who ran the quiz and the bingo was truly dire, making the same seriously unfunny “jokes” day in and day out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort with 65.000m2 is located 50 meters from the beach, on Fuerteventura's north coast. It offers 7 swimming pools, a "Wellness Center", fitness centre and large suites with private balconies. WIFI free of charge in whole hotel. The suites are restyled and newly decorated. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort has 4 restaurants, the varied and comprehensive buffet-restaurant "Gaudí", the new Spanish restaurant "Atrium", the "Rambutan: Asian & Veggie", Asian and vegetarian fusion cuisine and the new "La Scala", exclusive for "Adults Only Premium Club" guests. There are also 6 bars, such as a cocktail bar, a poolside snack bar and a disco. The younger guests will love the Atlantini Mini Club (for ages 4-12) and Kids Club (7-12) as well as the playground and pool fun and games. “Atlantis Teen Lounge”, a dedicated space where the young people can have fun and meet new friends, play consoles like the X Box or Play Station, cinema, reading or chatting. The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort's leisure facilities include an amphitheatre and the hotel offers a wide range of activities and animation during all the day. There is also a beach club, the "Water Sports Experience" and a supermarket on site. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the beaches. ADULT ONLY PREMIUM CLUB: The Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort offers an exclusive area "Adults Only older than 16 years old", with great facilities and a first class service. New in Premium Club: exclusive area with solarium and Chill Out with Balinese beds and deluxe sun loungers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Be Live Hotel Corralejo
- Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Suite Hotel
- Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Corralejo