We booked into the Hesperia Bristol Playa for 10 days in May and felt the apartments were exactly in line with what we have read here on Tripadvisor. Great value for money and upgrading to a sea view room did make all the difference in the world. We were in room 270 and had a nice view of the sea and learned very quickly how much sand the wind kindly delivers to your floor if your door is left open for any length of time. The staff were always very pleasant and would always sort any issues out in a timely manner. If you have spent any length of time in Spain you will know that doing things in a 'timely manner' is not their speciality so to have that level of service was a real treat. The pool area was brilliant and the on site supermarket an absolute gem.
After reading the other reviews I was worried about grabbing a sun lounger that wouldn't require me to undergo back surgery upon my return....after much investigation, I learned that there is a trick to this process. You have to dig around a bit as some of the loungers have been repaired and are often stacked BEHIND the ones that are closer to the pool. You're welcome poolside peeps!
We found that most of the restaurants sold very similar meals and after the 4th day could not face another uncooked burger or pizza. It's amazing how creative one can get with only a hob and a microwave. We became very good at making pasta and my personal favourite, homemade fajitas. Mojo Rojo spice also highly recommended.
Overall, a nice quiet place and good value for money. Would we return? Undecided. If you do happen to stay in our room, do me a favour and please feed the two birds that I psuedo adopted that appear on the balcony late morning and early evening. Their names are Eugene and Henrietta.....they like Doritos best but like me, are unsure about the normal bread.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 7 minutes walk from the beach. The Hesperia Bristol Playa apartment has a great beachfront setting in Fuerteventura's Corralejo Beach, with views of Lanzarote and Isla de Lobos. It offers free WiFi throughout and 3 outdoor swimming pools. Set within gardens, the complex has an entertainment programme. Each apartment features a seating area with satellite TV and a private balcony or terrace. The kitchenette is equipped with a fridge, hob, and microwave. Bristol Playa offers a seasonal pool bar, lounge where barbecues are organised, and a restaurant serving buffet breakfast and dinner. There is also a supermarket and bicycle and sports equipment rental. Corralejo Port is 700 m away and regular ferries to Isla de Lobos and Lanzarote leave from here. The property is just 5 minutes' drive from Las Dunas National Park, and you can find the Corralejo Marina after a 5-minute walk. Parking is free on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Onthebeach, NHHotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Hesperia Bristol Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Bristol Playa Corralejo
- Bristol Playa
- Hotel Hesperia Bristol Playa Fuerteventura/Corralejo