“Great staff fine hotel”

Labranda Aloe Club Resort
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel could do with a touch up,lots of broken sun loungers. But the hotel is okay fantastic for boys my 2 lads 15 and 10 play football all day.
Overall a good wee hotel food good my 3 kids all found food they enjoyed bar very good to especially the alcoholic slush

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The location of the hotel first of all seems pretty deescalate, however it keeps the place quiet with only a 15 minute walk to the strip where you can visit the harbour, Wakiki Beach and in the opposite direction, the Kyte Surf Beach. For only 4 euro's to any of these we couldn't complain.

The overall atmosphere was phenomenal, all of the staff generally very friendly. The manager was great, helping us out where he could and always coming over to make sure he says hello. The reception staff were good, but tended to occasionally not help but just smile, which isn't bad but a little frustrating when you want something done quickly, but it gets done. The waiters are very efficient and get tables cleaned very quickly and again always smiling and saying hello.

ANDREA IS THE BEST PERSON TO MEET - he genuinely is one of kindest, warm hearted and happiest people I have ever met. His job is very strenuous, keeping himself busy filling his day organising activities for everyone to take part in and trying to get as many people involved, which carries on late into the night with the kids club too. They could do with two Andrea's as he seemed very tired due to another being ill and the other male activity man who came in for the week didn't help him whatsoever. If you get the chance to spend some time with Andrea and ask about him do it, he is amazing and very welcoming to conversation. "OOO-OOO". He plays Archery, Football, Volleyball, Shooting, Darts, Water Polo & Shuffleboard which are all great fun. I genuinely feel that if it wasn't for him, our holiday would have been a lot more boring and that we wouldn't have met the amazing group we are good friends with today.

The cleanliness of the whole complex was immaculate, although sometimes the plates could do with an extra wipe over at dinner. Other than that everything was spot on. The maids came 5/7 days a week to bring new towels and toilet roll, also mopping the floor and making the beds.

The pools are perfect for the hot weather cooling you down but they are a good temperature, so not too cold. They are clean, the lifeguards net the palm tree buds out every morning. The only thing would be the sun beds for me, as many of them were broken around the pool and sun in the middle. So they need replacing which I'm sure the hotel will get straight onto.

The hotel is great for kids, but for adult entertainment, you should go out of the complex, as they only allow two small cups a person so you have to re line up which is annoying if you want a good drink. They close everything at 11pm which again doesn't allow much drinking time if you want a social and a nice evening.

Other than the small things mentioned the hotel is GREAT and I would recommend to anyone to visit for at least up to 2 weeks.

Room Tip: The rooms at the top next to the main pool near the reception are fantastic. Some our out dated.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brydn W
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am a single mum with 2 boys, 19 & 16. This was a perfect hotel if you on your own ! Felt safe, great sized hotel, so you couldnt get lost. Lovely & friendly hotel, 3 great sized pools, room was spotless & very roomy, lovely balcony overlooking the pool & were cleaned 3 times whilst we were their for a week. Food was fantastic, lots of choice, clean resturant area & great seating outsite to eat too. Fresh omeletes made in front of you each morning were gorgeous. The best thing about our holiday was the daily entertainment, by boys loved the darts, archery, riffle shooting, pool volley ball, football. Have to give Andrea the entertainment guy a mention as he wondered round the pool everyday encouraging my boys to join in! He was fantastic fun & the holiday wouldn't of been the same without him. My boys didnt get bored once! It was great time of year to go as it wasn't too busy, always got space round the pool. Entertainment wise in the evening was pretty good, but mostly for the younger kids. Free bus into the town every day which was reliable!. Totally recommend visiting Kite Beach, about a 20/30 min walk, we caught a taxi which only cost 4 Euros. Absolutely beautiful beach, clean, went on forever & the views of the volcano's were a wow factor, had to pinch myself whilst I was their.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 789Mazza1973
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have just returned from a week at Aloe club resort. Myself and my partner had a fantastic time and really enjoyed our stay. I will begin with the highlights...

The staff were fantastic, especially Andrea!! in the entertainment team, this guy deserves a serious pay rise for all the effort he puts in to ensuring the guests have a great time!! (managers if you are reading this- ANDREA really is great!!!) The manager of the hotel chain was often around ensuring guests were comfortable and enjoying their stay.

The food was always lovely with a different theme each night, I am always slightly fussy with all inclusive foods, but I always found something that I enjoyed. On our last day the manager was very helpful and ensured we had breakfast to take with us on the transfer to the airport; which I thought was very accommodating.

There are two lovely pools that are always clean and we never struggled to get a sunbed.

In the day there are many activities to enjoy- we got involved in archery, shooting, volley-ball, water polo, football, darts and other games around the pool side.

The atmosphere is always upbeat with music being played around the pools (with a break from the music at lunchtime for those who prefer a little peace and quiet whilst they eat)

The complex was always spotless with no litter or mess to be seen anywhere.

There was a gorgeous sandy beach is only a 5 minute taxi away (with a cost of only 4 euros) And a supermarket that is a 10 minute walk.

As much as I had a really fantastic time, I also have to be honest in my review. And there were a couple of things that let this hotel down a little for us. We arrived on the Monday and although on two occasions we complained to the reception staff, we did not have anyone attend to our room/apartment until the Friday lunchtime; meaning we went most of the week using the same towels and having no fresh sheets or toilet paper. I'm not usually too fussy with these kinds of things as the time we spent in the room was minimal; I do however appreciate having toilet paper and not having to walk to reception each day carrying back a loo roll.

Also on more than one occasion, the scheduled evening entertainment didn't 'turn up' or happen. We made a large group or friends so for us this wasn't an issue at all, but feel that for couples away on their own this may have been rather disappointing.

But I must highlight that we paid a total of £420 each for an all inclusive holiday (including flights and transfers) so for the price we paid I was overall very impressed and would recommend this hotel to others. We had a really fantastic holiday and have so many fond memories from visiting this hotel. We would certainly return in the future.

Room Tip: If you email ahead with room request we found that the hotel was very accommodating. I read a previo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lou341
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed a week in this resort and could of stayed longer. The people were so friendly and the hotel was clean and checked regularly. Food was nice. It wasn't too far away from the beach and shops. But I would recommend you visit the oasis park zoo as it was so lovely as you get to hand feed giraffes, zebras and elephants.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Uschi K
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have recently returned from a weeks holiday at aloe club. We chose it after reading all of the good reviews and it definitely lived up to expectations! The food was brilliant, lots of variety and different themes every night. The room was spacious and nicely decorated and it was cleaned regularly. The hotel is located on the outskirts of corralejo which was okay as a taxi is only around €3 to the town centre and there is a really nice beach about a 20 minute walk away. I can't comment on the evening entertainment as we often watched the World Cup matches most nights! The staff were all really friendly especially the reception and dining room staff. The pools were never crowded and there were always enough sun beds for everyone and the pool areas were always really clean. Overall we had a brilliant holiday and the hotel was absolutely perfect and exactly what we wanted. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! I would also recommend going to oasis park for a day as we did and it was fantastic and a visit to lobos island is brilliant for snorkelling or a quiet day on the island. A brilliant time and we would definitely go again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosieCarterr
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have just returned from two weeks at the Aloe, you get what you pay for as far as all inclusive is concerned, food was of a reasonable standard, always something for everybody, must admit though not as much choice as previous all inc. hotels i have visited. Massive hotel, takes a couple of days to work out where you are. Hotel receptionists all great, always a smile and very helpful, especially Alex, she saved me an absolute fortune on medical expenses! I had a very bad reaction to Mosquito bites and she advised I go to local medical centre, so make sure you take your blue card with you! I had to have a steroid injection and 3 lots of tablets on prescription which unbelievably only cost me 7 euros!!! She gave me her name and hotel telephone number also if I had any problems, absolute diamond she is. Walk into main strip isn't so bad if you are fit, roughly fifteen mins, but taxis are dead reasonable and receptionists are happy to call you one straight away. Bar staff and really all staff very pleasant. Loved the old part of town though, lots of lovely restaurants to eat at. Reasonably priced and local beer also very good. All inclusive is wasted on me though, I should learn as I like to drink strongbow and try the local restaurants! Can't comment on hotel entertainment as never really went to it. Cleaners do a great job, rooms are great. Fridge, toaster, etc which are not normally part of all inc. so stocked up with the basics, beer, milk, coffee etc. all in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed room 210, overlooked large pool and close to bar. Did have a problem with door lock first...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends