I had a lovely time during my solo stay in this hotel.
I wanted to forget all the stress from work and the cold and rainy weather in Belgium and boy, this hotel did a perfect job !
The hotel is situated on a quiet location. I was lucky to be upgraded from a Standard Room to a one-bedroom suite on the 7th floor which has a fully equipped kitchen and two flatscreens, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. There is a Spar supermarket on the ground floor where you can find just about everything you could need.
All rooms have seaside view which is great. The pools are big and beautiful. There are enough free sunbeds to find and luckily there is no pool entertainment or loud music playing which I valued a lot. The only noise came from the children playing :o)
There is no beach in front of the hotel as it is built on a rock but the lovely Anfi Beach is just 5 min on your right when walking out of the gates at the pool. In front of this beach you will find several restaurants, shops and a supermarket. There is an ATM as well.
The beach is quiet during the week. During the weekend loud music was playing during the beach volley games at one side of the beach. There are sunbeds/parasols for rent on the beach.
I was very glad to see there was no entertainment at night at the hotel. Except on Saturday, when 3 singers were invited at the pool side for 1h of Motown music which was very fine.
A note: go swimming in the pool in the morning before breakfast. Very peaceful and almost nobody around except for the pool cleaners and gardeners :o)
Breakfast is plentiful, I felt like a queen every morning! I only booked room + breakfast as I wanted to explore the local restaurants. The receptionists recommended 'Gran Canarios' and 'Fusion' at Arguineguin and 'Grand' Italia at Maspalomas which were all superb!
I booked a massage at the beautiful wellness in the hotel which I enjoyed very much. Erica, the masseuse did a terrific job. The sauna and jacuzzi afterwards were included in the hotel price
The hotel is situated perfectly for a few trips: the market on Fridays at picturesque Puerto de Mogán (you can take the ferry at Anfi Beach port), Maspalomas and Playa del Inglés (bus stop 10 min on foot) and Las Palmas (by bus as well). In Puerto de Mogán I had lunch at El Caldero on the beach side: the tapas were sublime.
You can take the bus to/from the airport to the hotel (30 min) which is cheaper than the taxi.
I would like to warmly thank all at Radisson for making this a perfect stay: the friendly receptionists, the lovely supermarket personnel, the wellness girls and the helpful waiters at breakfast. I hope to be able to come back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria. Perfectly situated on the southern coast of the Spanish island, Gran Canaria. This stunning waterfront resort offers ocean views and sandy beaches along three sides. The island itself provides a wealth of opportunities for enjoyment with picturesque towns, idyllic beaches and 32 Protected Natural Areas. Not far from the resort lies the quaint fi shing villageof Arguineguin, and the well-known Dunes of Maspalomas are located only 10 km. away.The island’s airport, Las Palmas Airport, is a 30-minute drive from the resort and popular tourist attractions like Palmitos Park, LasPalmas and Puerto de Mogán and can be easily accessed via the island’s high-quality road network. At the resort, guests can relax in oneof the 189 rooms and suites and indulge in extensive leisure facilities that include water sports, swimming pools, a garden, a tennis court, a paddle tennis court, a beach tennis court, a gym, a kids club and a full service spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas La Canaria Hotel Arguineguin
- Dunas La Canaria Arguineguin
- Radisson Blu Resort, Gran Canaria Arguineguin