“If you are not a local, don’t go to this place!!!!”
Review of Apolo Xl

Apolo Xl
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Arguineguin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We waited for half an hour to get drinks. Julio finally brought us the menu. We waited again and when he came to take our order, he said wait, then left us to take orders from 4 different tables who came after us. We were ignored completely. We decided to leave after 45 minutes. The service is terrible. We will never go there again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staying at Anfi Del Mar, there is a seaside walk (about 1.5 miles, mostly level walking) to the Arguineguin beach area and town across the bay. At the end of the walk you will find Apolo XI. We were recommended this by friends. The locals use it as well as visitors and the menu contains many tapas dishes and plenty of fish options - there is a large fish market nearby. Friendly and lively atmosphere - visitors enjoying the sea views at the front whilst many locals favour the inside and bar area. Food was very good and reasonably priced. If you don't fancy the walk there are half hourly ferries taking you back to Anfi or onwards to Puerto Rico.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We really liked the ‘Apolo XI’ restaurant, it serves superb authentic Spanish food and the staff are so friendly. I had Sole meunière here and it was the biggest and best I have ever eaten. I am drooling just thinking about it.

The food, the service and the value were so good we went back a few times.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I went to this bar/restaurant a few days ago and asked for the Menu del Dia. The salad was fine, however the fish was not good. It was whole fried, very thick skin, with a small amount of fish underneath. I think on reflection, that it was the previous day's fish which had been re-cooked again. No desert was offered, which is usual I think for Menu del Dia.
I wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here with family, food was lovely, tasty and good prices however the service was horrid.
The ladies working here are lovely but unfortunately our server... short grumpy old man, told me off as he made a mistake with the order!
He was actually very rude and ruined our meal.
I really enjoyed the food but this level of rudeness was bad enough that I won’t return here.