“Still great food and drink”

Taste Meson Gran Canaria
Reserve with
Taste Meson Gran Canaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Arguineguin
Price range: US$23 - US$51
Cuisines: Scandinavian, International, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to a new concept restaurant in Arguineguin, Gran canaria! Taste mesón's concept is to serve international high quality food in "taste" portions, a wide selection of wine in a relaxed environment. You build your own tasting menu by ordering the dishes of your choice and we serve them in different servings. Our chefs have experience from top restaurants in Europe. Together they prepare fresh tasteful food from high quality ingredients and always strive to work with local producers. Our dining room staff works hard to take care of you and will walk you through your dishes and wines. All to create a complete dinner experience in a nice relaxed atmosphere. We have hundreds of wines in our bodega including more than 40 different Champagnes and Cavas and we serve all our wines by the glass as well, so that you may easily pair your food with different wines.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Having not eaten here in 2017 (as they were closed for annual holiday) I am pleased to report that the food, drink and customer service are as good as ever, which on my previous reviews was 5 in all categories.

A little more expensive than others in the area but I am happy we had value for money. I will definitely be back if I am in the vicinity in future years.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I am not exaggerating when I say, this is without doubt the best meal I have ever tasted in my entire life. I simply cannot recommend Taste Meson enough. Each dish I went for was absolutely incredible and the drinks to accompany went down so well. The service was excellent from start to finish. I will be going here every time I travel to Gran Canaria for sure. Thanks guys.

Anders E, Ägare at Taste Meson Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!
We are super happy and proud!
Me and my staff thank you and looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This was a return visit, we have been here about 5 or 6 times, with varying degrees of success and this was very nearly perfect.
The wine list is very big, and one of the things we like is that (very unusually) there is an American Red wine on the menu, we always order the same bottle, but sadly this time due to diminished stock (upcoming closure of the restaurant for holidays) it couldn't be provided. We did enjoy a Borolo of similar price and quality.
I am glad that the goats cheese and local honey seems to be a keeper on the menu and I always have it and actually look forward to it.
We tried the Chicken Mojito, a small minty salad with a real treat of Rum dressing, it was delicious and I have tried to recreate the flavours at home (and failed) so I hope when we return the Chef will provide me with the recipe.
A small disappointment this time was a new dish we tried, the beef carpaccio, it wasn't sliced thinly enough which meant it was really quite chewy, I did advise the waitress (Michelle) who was very very helpful and asked me if I would like something else, so I ordered another Chicken Mojito, but they had sold out (not suprising it was so good) So I ordered dessert instead, everything people have said about the amazing sunsets is true, which adds to the whole experience in such a good way.
The small plate/tapas approach is a great idea and enable the diners to try a few different flavours over a relaxing dinner.

Anders E, Ägare at Taste Meson Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review! It always make me happy when returning guests still think we deliver a good product and service.
I am sorry that we could not provide your favourite wine but we actually stopped buying from Torres that provide that wine. Although we decided to keep this pinot Noir in the future too because we know that you and a few more of our regulars like it so I hope we have it again next time you come
We can for sure give you the recipe on the Chicken Mojito next time you come, just ask.
Have a great summer!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Great little restaurant with fantastic views over Arguineguin harbour toward Anfi del Mar which serves tapas style meals of exceptional quality and creativity.
On arrival, we were given some bread/oil and a dish of olives - automatically served up (at a price). Although not expensive, a bit naughty not to check if the customer actually wants them, I felt.
We settled on a total of 7 dishes between us and they were served in 3 stages.
As each dish was delivered, the waiter explained the ingredients, how it was put together and how to maximise the pleasure from each one. (Mix all the ingredients with some dishes, eat separately in other cases)
Everything was simply perfect. Presentation attractive, ingredients merged in flavour, texture and aroma making each dish a total sensory experience.
It’s a long time since we have had such a variation in food served up in one sitting which had us expectantly waiting for the next plateful.
Whilst individual dishes may not be massive, there was more than adequate to give two people a culinary experience without feeling bloated. Add a couple of glasses of wine, water and two liqueurs, the bill was slightly over 100€, bit expensive but true value for money.
The wait staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and certainly customer orientated, serving at an ideal pace and making you feel truly important to them.
A great evening meal and a place I would certainly return to without hesitation.

Anders E, Ägare at Taste Meson Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review! Looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Recently visited this wonderful restaurant on our holiday to the Island. We would highly recommend the chefs selection and the wine package.
We found the staff extremely helpful and attentive. This one is not to be missed. 10/10

Anders E, Ägare at Taste Meson Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you so much for your nice review!
We are super happy that you enjoyed your dinner with us!
Hope to see you here soon again.