“Excellent Lunch”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

With so many restaurants to choose from I was glad my hotel recommended a place for lunch. And after our delicious meal I was even more grateful! My son and husband got Paella (which seemed to be flying out of the kitchen to most of the other guests as well. I had the grilled calamari. All the dishes were great. Staff was really nice and very attentive to the customers. A little lemon sherbet at the end and also a bit of lemon liquerto finish. One of our favorite all time meals for sure.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was over a short trip to Barcelona and was advised to go and visit Can Rafa from my friend from is orginally from the city. I asked the floor manager for his recommendation and I ordered the Paella which was excellent. The staff were very helpful throughout our dinner and we were recommend a bottle of wine to have with the Paella dish. Overall all the food was delicious and the staff were very friendly and I will go back should I ever be in Cadaques again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was in Barcelona last week and I went to visit Cadaques. My Spanish friend told us about Can Rafa and we really enjoyed there. We had some starters that the owner, Rafa, recommended and then paella as a main course. Lovely! Fresh seafood for a very reasonable price. We also had a nice bottle of MF wine, made by the same family that own the restaurant. The staff was also very friendly and we felt very comfortable. We highly recommend a visit to Cadaques if you have a chance and obviously don´t forget to enjoy a meal at Can Rafa!

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner here on last day of trip to Cadaques. Food was good. Enjoyed the menu deal- salad, seafood paella and dessert. Lots of stray cats lurking about, added to the place ;)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wine is excellent (from the family's own vineyard); No wine list though. Service friendly and very fast (as if an express train were about to hit the restaurant ). Cuisine not so good and nor were the prices - though the fish always looked fresh and bright before it was cooked. A very popular restaurant nevertheless.

rafelMF m, Propietario at Can Rafa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

thank you for your visit, we are proud that you enjoyed our wine, we take care to produce it because it's our life and it's also a passion. As for the restaurant we work with the same passion.

Since 1982 when my parent started the business, our goal is to provide the best quality and for this we need to spend a lot of money to buy the best fresh fishes directly from the fisherman in the area.

We are really sorry that we failed on you because at the end you didn´t enjoy the time with us, and
this is what we are trying to do with all our customers.

hope to see you soon to repare this mistake. thank you for your comment.

rafel MF