“Great spot for lunch ”
Review of Nord Est

Nord Est
Reserve with
Nord Est is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 107 Restaurants in Cadaques
Good for: Kids, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great spot for lunch ”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely terrace with a view back over the bay towards the old village and church. The position also gives a perspective of the hills and national parkland surrounding Cadaques.

I found the lunch menu good for salads, mains and tapas. Naturally they majored on fish dishes and Catalan classics.

Service was fairly attentive and the waiters spoke enough English to make it easy for me, the most rudimentary of Spanish speakers.

Probably a bit expensive for kids or if you're travelling on a budget.

• Hebrew first
Madrid
“Best views and delicious food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The nord est has a terrace with the best views over the village of cadaques and out to sea, and is unarguably the best sunset location. I have never been disappointed by the food which is beautifully presented and I feel there was great variety of choice. When I spent an evening there with a friend in early July the service was fast and waiters were friendly. Overall, a great experience and I'll definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Veronicasmithers
Vancouver, Canada
“would never go back”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We just had lunch at Nord Est this afternoon. I normally don't write about something this soon unless I really liked it or really didn't like it. Unfortunately this was the later. We drove down from France for the day on the advice of countless people. We took in San Pere de Rone first and that was truly amazing. Anyhow, we drove into Cadaques, a cute little town though by no means all we were lead to believe. We have learned that in many beach towns it's usually tourist traps you find right in the centre on the beach so we avoided that and walked a little ways down the port and found what looked like a cute little place with a great view. The view is very nice. It better be it's an expensive one at this place. The service wasn't that bad. We had our two kids with us. Six and three. We sat right on the terrace. Very pretty. The main waiter was so so. His assistant was much friendlier. He didn't offer much help on the menu and said that the only thing for the kids was a chicken with potato meal. Sounded perfect. We shared some tapas. Coquille st Jaques, foie with wince reduction and calamari. My wife had a glass of wine I had a mojito. The mojito was fantastic. Best I've ever had. My wife's wine was bad. The st Jaques was inedible. The foie was plastic and tasteless and wasn't properly cleaned. The calamari was MacDonalds quality. But the kicker was the kids chicken. On the waiters recommendation we ordered two of these chicken dishes for our kids. It was half of a giant chicken each! For a 3 yr old! Not one to share but two! He told me that he'd send us one and he'd split it. It was a fiasco. My wife ordered a Sangria after. Like my mojito it was great. So I suppose this is an ok bar and a terrible restaurant. Actually the kids roast chicken wasn't bad.
In a new town the first meal is a shot in the dark. We missed. That being said there were some decent elements to the meal and if it didn't cost us 100 Euros! maybe we'd just chalk it up to experience. But it was 100 Euro. For a bad lunch. I would never recommend this place to anyone who wanted to eat. But if you just want a drink or two and a nice view? Not so bad I guess.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank FrancisCornish
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Friendly staff delicious food!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I dined here solo and was treated very kindly by my waiter! He made suggestions and even gave me a free little snack while I waited for my food. Delicious octopus and anchovies. Will return if I am ever back in this charming town.

Visited June 2014
Valencia, Spain
“Nice view, food not at the same level for the price.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The view is outstanding, we were 5 for lunch, and the best food were the free boquerones they gave as to wait.
We didn't order plates (too expensive) but we ordered 5 tapas and paid as full meals but didn't eat like that. Not recommendable, to pricy.
The sweet were good, the best part.
Cakes and crema catalana, awesome.