Hotel La Residencia
Hotel Calina(Cadaques)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanhamparking garagecroissantsperfect locationdali fanexcellent coffeecharming hotelthe main squaresmall roomstayed one nightsea viewmemorabiliaresidencialmuseumtrianglepan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We booked this hotel at last moment,and we were very happy to stay there for two nights .we found the staff very hospitable,the rooms,though basic,very comfortable,and the breakfasts excellant.the ambiance of the public areas are full of very interesting Dali memorabilia ,a real pleasure,we will go again.Cadaques is a gem of a place,and the hotel nicely situated.good value too!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frank G
Reviewed 30 April 2013

From the minute we walked into this hotel we knew we had picked the right place for us. The young woman behind the counter was cheerful and helpful and entertaining. It is obviously a family run business and plays tribute to the reputation of the local artisan community. The walls are covered in beautiful art and how lovely to see so much more than just the favourites of Dali, Miro, Picasso and Gaudi. To be fair, this is not your classic high-class joint. It is a little rustic and a lot bohemian; the beds are a little hard and the stairwell creaky, but if you have come to relax, and enjoy and feel the nature of Spanish coastal living this place is just the place to be. And the young man came and took up to a secure locked up facility for the car overnight just a block from the hotel. To wake up with a sea view above the village square is gorgeous. This hotel epitomises a holiday in Spain. Oh, and the waterfront less than a minute around the corner has a great selection of tapa bars and nice eateries. Glad to be here.

Room Tip: You pay extra for a sea view, but it is worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rose O
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We (three adults) stayed in Hotel Residencia for one night. There are good things to say about the hotel and not so good things. Our stay was not a bad experience, but I had hoped for more, especially regarding the rather high price we paid. The location of the hotel is very good. Our room was on the third floor, with a nice sea view (which I had asked for - so this was perfect). The room was a bit crowded with furniture, but this is what I had expected after having looked at the photos published online. The room smelled a bit funny but it was clean. I slept on the sofa and would not recommend this experience (ouch, my back!). But the beds upstairs were okay. We had a kitchenette in the room which obviously was not to be used, seeing that there were no plates or cutlery. It occupied a good bit of space and should really be taken out of that room. The fridge was a bit noisy, especially during the night.

The breakfast was bad. We got a plate with a croissant that didn't taste good, one bread roll, zwieback wrapped in plastic, some butter and two sorts of jam. I don't eat a lot, but I left the breakfast room feeling as hungry as before. The only good thing was the fresh orange juice.

As for the treatment: Good treatment by email, quick answers to my many questions. The person who served the breakfast was very nice. The person at the reception was a bit ... don't know how to say. Sometimes nice, sometimes not really willing to help (I had problems to find a parking space and did not receive any assistance apart from "Park behind the hotel on the street". Those parking lots were obviously full already, and besides they were marked green. When I asked about the meaning, he said: "Parking might be allowed there or not. I don't know." Which was not very helpful. Finally I parked the car in the big car park where I had to pay 20 EUR, but at least the car was safe there. When we checked out the next day, we asked if we could leave our luggage somewhere. There was no storage room available, we were told to leave it next to the stairs, where everybody had access to it. I didn't like the idea, so we got permission to leave it in a sort of living room, also open to the public, but so crowded with things of all kind that our luggage happily fit into the setting without attracting unwanted attention. When we picked it up in the afternoon, the room was secured with a "don't-pass-rope", and someone was sitting close by to keep watch. That was a very positive surprise.

Still, I did not feel comfortable in Hotel Residence and I would therefore not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KiMilt
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This small hotel is exactly what we were looking for on our stay in Cadaques. We knew that this was a lovely town, and that the spirit of Dali and other artists woud be found here. When we travel, we like to stay at places that will bring us closer to the town we are visiting. If you are looking for a marble bathroom, extra large bedroom, and ultra luxurious accomodations, this is not it. But this hotel, run by its owners, and just steps away from plenty of restaurants, the beach, the square where everything happens, is ultra charming and immediately immerses you in the atmosphere of Cadaques. Talk to the owner, ask him about Dali, art, the people that lived here. He will tell you lots of colourful stories that are worth listening to. if we ever come back to Cadaques, we will deffinitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruthi R
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

A wonderfully located hotel with great Dali artwork. Staff took care of our luggage, rode with me to the parking garage, and we're helpful if reserved. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Our room looked out over the ocean. All in all, a great value.

• Stayed: May 2012