“brilliant hotel for comfortable stay”
Review of Hotel Les Palmeres

Hotel Les Palmeres
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Moscow
“brilliant hotel for comfortable stay”
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We stayed in the hotel for one week in Aug., 2009.
Receptionists and all the stuff are qualified and polite (one of them is Russian-speaking). Rooms are rather big and clean, there's one Russian Channel.
Bathroom is comfortable, towels were changed dayly.
There was very good choice of food for breakfast and dinner (we took half-board). One day there were even oysters.
There's another hotel opposite Best Western which is very noisy and some repairing works take place on the road nearby! These are the only small lacks.
Free Wi-Fi is available in the hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
sheffield
Reviewed 17 August 2009

stayed here in June. rooms cleaned each day and towels changed. beds not brilliant. quite a small hotel which seems to be dwarfed by the other larger ones around it, but the pool got the sun for most of the day. lots of nationalities stayed here. myself and my partner stayed bed and breakfast only, which was buffet style and varied, probably to cater for all nationalities, with hot and cold drinks (including sparkling wine at breakfast!) and one night paid 8 euros each for buffet tea. my parents stayed half board. we did not as there are loads of restaurants in the resort and ate somewhere different each night.

close to the beach (under an underpass because the railway line is on the beach). the pool was nice, but small, but this did not matter as it did not get busy, and sunbeds were always free. there was an indoor pool, saunas, massage and gym but did not use these as had to pay. the jacuzzi on roof was nice. hotel entertainment really cheesy but there are so many places to go at night we always went out

the only complaint was (not the hotels fault) the resort can be taken over by rowdy germans staying nearby that were shouting all way through the night at the weekend,

one day we could not get into our room as they had activated the card for one day instead of ten, but this was sorted stright away.

a 15 min walk to train station so could go to barcelona and other places for day trips

i would stay here again and recommend it to others. not a family hotel as theres no activity clubs, probably more for couples

• Stayed June 2009
Oldham
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I had a week here in June and had booked in as a vegetarian but the hotel didn't seem to cater for the likes of me. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff very pleasant and helpful, except for the head waiter.
Their Vegetarian Dish of the Day every evening was a turren of plain boiled pasta in one side(that had stood for goodness knows how long) and some veg on the other eg peas, or carrots and green beans, No sauce for the pasta until I complained. Next nigh,just as I was starting my soup, he brought a plate of pasta, with a sauce, which meant it was cold when I got to it, and the sauce was obviously shop bought. Another night after I had asked for something other than boiled pasta I got a veg. lasagne- pretty tasteless but a hot meal for a change. The salad bar looked very nice but every dish contained meat or fish.
I know I am in a minority but I've never had a problem in any other hotel or country before.
As others have said, the hotel facilities were good but the nightly noises from the Amaika were annoying.
Calella is a bit of a one horse town too and no perceptable local bus service to get to somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Plymouth, UK
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Just got back from a 2 night stay in Calella. We were put in room 308 next to the lift. I went down to reception to ask for a change of room just after a coach arrived full of guests arived to check in. I decided to stick it out. The first night was not to bad ( thursday). On the second night we were kept awake all night by guests leaving a Disco just down the road from the hotel the patio doors to the balcony let all the noise in.
The food was good value for money 8 euros for the buffet main meal and breakfast was ok.
I think if you had a room on the other side of the hotel in may have been better.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
The Hague
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We stayed in Las Palmeres for two weeks with our 2,5 year old son and had a very pleasant stay. We booked two days in advance and had a favorable tariff through the internet.
The staff is very friendly and speak their languages. The tiled floor room was average but kept very clean. We had an extra bed in the room which we did not use. I did not like the beds but my wife thought they were alright so maybe it was a personal thing. Still I would say not up to standard.
The sunny weather made the rooftop jacuzi area an excellent place to tan and for our sun to play with the water. Most of the times we were the only ones up there.
The water in the pools was too cold to swim in and the beach was a bit chilly still due to the wind.
Guests were changing a lot, mainly elderly french, some german, polish, russian.
The breakfast was alright, quite a wide choice but same every day.
The hotel is located close to the shopping street and some discoteques, but it was the people in the hotel and on the street that made a noise now and then. But that is something you can expect in a place like Calella.
The quality of the food in the touristic restaurants is as you can expect as well: terrible. It took us some endurance to find good food. Definately try Chiclete com Bananas, close to McDonalds.
We went to visit Barcelona by car in the weekend and two weekdays. With GPS this is easy. Parking garages everywhere, about 3 euro/hour. From Calella it takes about 40min to get to the centre, toll is about 3 euro/one way (train is another option, which we did not try).

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Essex
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Before travelling I had checked the web site and feel I must balance the reports. I found the English speaking staff at the reception desk,in the bar and in the restaurant excellent. The reception staff could not have been more helpful. The bedroom was beautifully cleaned daily and towels replaced but there was not a kettle or coffee/tea making facilities as standard. I did hire from reception the fridge,kettle and safe deposit box but I am used to these being provided free of charge which was not the case here. I found all the public areas well maintained, pleasant and clean, and the service excellent. A perfect base for exploring Catalonia.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lack of hot drink making facilities.
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bucuresti
Reviewed 29 July 2008

we stayed at les palmeres in September 2007. the hotel was rated as a 4 star hotel, but it is more of a three stars in my opinion. aside from this negative comment everything else was let' s say ok. the front desk people were very helpful and nice, they spoke fluent English and helped us in every way they could. the rooms were Mediterranean style, lots of blue and white and very clean. the minuses were that the refrigerator in the room was not off charge(considering that it was a 4 star hotel i found that a bit cheap from their side) and that Amaika hotel, that was in front of ours, held many loud parties by the pool until late at night and was also brightly lit during the night (most of the times we were very tired so it didn't really bother us that much, but if you are a light sleeper, you should request rooms on the other side of the hotel) . on the roof top there was a nice jacuzzi, but the pool was not available while we were there. the meals are excellent, a large variety of seafood in the evening, fresh fruit, cheeses and salads of all sorts. compared to the cleaning and the front desk personnel, the people working in the restaurant were a bit rude though. overall i recommend les palmeres for the fine dining and the nice large rooms.

• Liked — great meals
  • Disliked — not being a "real" 4 star hotel
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)