“Clean Hotel”

Summer Hotel Calella Barcelona
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Modern hotel with friendly accommodating staff. The rooms are extremely clean and bathrooms are fantastic.
The restaurant fits in with the modern decor of the rest of the hotel. Again the staff are diligent and friendly. There is a wide range of food available at all meal times. There is also a station where the staff cook fresh meats while you wait. Champagne Cava for breakfast too.
This is our third visit to this small hotel. I'll be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John G

Reviewed 12 June 2014

we were originally booked in at the Bon Repos, but our tour operator didn't tell us it was boarded up, we found out when we arrived, just a sign telling us to go to the summer hotel. the hotel was very clean, the meals were bland and pork and turkey most days. we couldn't get on to the balcony on two occasions as the door kept jamming. the hotel was full of german students who didn't get up till the middle of the afternoon and then played ball for most of the night in the street
this is not a family hotel, it is a business hotel where you stay probably one or two nights
I was just glad to get home

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Have just returned from the Summer Hotel. Hotel itself very nice, very clean nice rooms nice comfy bed. Staff at the hotel 10/10 couldnt do more to help you. however sadly dont go here unless you want to be surrounded by 16 to 20 year old groups of german students, who are all inclusive and are drunk all day long around the pool causing nothing but a nuscience of themselves. this drunken behviour goes on all day and all night. The hotel food is very bland, same food every day, very boring and tasteless, which was a shame as the resturant is very very clean. Calella itself is well past its best, nothing much to do here except the beach. Was glad to get home.

Room Tip: go on top floor as all the young drunks are put on level one so as they cant fall over the balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank susan c
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the end of May, didn't pay a great deal so we didn't expect much.

Rooms were clean, common areas also clean and tidy and the hotel was well maintained. The hotel is very modern and it is situated close to most clubs in Calella, several of the bars, local supermarkets and restaurants. It's also only about 10 minutes from the beach and 25 minutes walk from the station.

On the negative side: our room stunk of stale smoke; the balcony door locked on one side, but you could still open the other door; the breakfast selection was pitiful; the pool is tiny; there are very few sun loungers; it's very noisy and full of large groups of teenagers; and there's only ever one person to look after the bar and reception.

The main problem I encountered was this morning at breakfast when the waiter (white shirt, fair, about 30, glasses) refused to allow me into the breakfast room stating he'd never seen me before. I advised him that this was my 6th day here, 5th time at breakfast and that I'd seen him before. He asked where my wrist band was; I told him I didn't have one because I was B&B not ALC. I showed him my room key, told him where my friend was sitting and gave him my room number. He still wouldn't let me in. He stated that I should have given my room card to a waiter on the first day, no one asked us for it and we'd had no issues any other day.

We were never advised to give a card to a waiter, we were never given any instructions about breakfast at all. We just walked in.

Instead of going to reception and checking my room number he kept questioning me over and over again, people in the restaurant were staring at me and it was rather embarrassing. He seemed intent on having an argument and causing a scene. The simple solution was to go up to reception, but he was clearly too ignorant to do so. Eventually he let me in, after about 10 minutes of arguing and me telling him he was harassing me.

Tomorrow is my last day and I'm too angry to go back in for breakfast even though I've paid for
It. This hotel seriously needs to sort out the staffs' attitudes and have some system to distinguish between ALC guests and B&B guests at breakfast. I was treated very unfairly this morning and I think I deserve an apology from the waiter in question, which is never going to happen because he is too ignorant to check out my room number.

The hotel is fine, don't expect miracles. It's clean and is a good base to explore Calella and Barcelona.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Rachaelforster
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were originally booked into the bon repos but five days before our holiday had been told by our travel provider that it wasn't going to be open and so we were moved to the summer hotel. At first glance the hotel is very clean cut and modern, the staff were friendly enough and there was a good choice of drinks available. The rooms were very clean and kept that way throughout our stay, very modern also. The pool although a little on the small side was clean but we did not really have the weather to take full advantage and it was freezing cold. We were booked in as bed and breakfast, there was quite a good variety for breakfast in the mornings the usual cereal toast and a selection of jams, meats and cheeses, there was also fruit and a few pastries and a wide range of juices and warm drinks. All in all we would definitely use this hotel again although it has to be said we have three kids who stayed at home and i dont think i would take them to stay at the hotel as it was not very family friendly but that depends on what you expect out of the hotel.

1  Thank susie2981
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked a short 4 day break here on 11th May 2014 choosing the half board option and wished we had been B&B or room only
The hotel and rooms are very nice and location is not to bad either. Our room had 2 double beds and a balcony over looking the pool which had sun most of the day on it. The bathroom was equally as nice 2 sinks and a big walk in shower( the best shower we have ever had in any Spanish hotel also air conditioning in the room is free as is wifi which as a good reception where ever you are.
Not being one to take everyone reviews to hart and thinking that people were being picky about the food it turns out they were right
Chips, burgers & hot dogs were on every night with the usual pork slices and fish
Salad consisted of mixed lettuce leave and one night they said it was turkey but it had bones in it the size of a pork chop ( wouldn't like to meet one of their turkeys on a dark night)
Having said that the question is would I go back. YES I WOULD but like I said at the beginning on a different board basis
Callela at the beginning of May is very quiet and we were just grateful that Paps Bar was open coming to our rescue with some very good food and drinks

Room Tip: From what I have seen all rooms are of a good standard with rooms on the ground for having a large t...
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here 6th oct 2013 with my partner we was supposed to be in the bon repos but it closed the day we arrived so we got transferred to this hotel and we couldnt fault the hotel the rooms were big and really nicely done up they were always clean and always had fresh towels etc but only thing I can fault is the food it was disgusting chips everynight didnt cater for many not any variation of food to choose from but if u are just looking for a nice break its a nice quiet hotel but I would recommend to go self catering to anyone as I will be doing so if I ever stayed in there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank riddd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calella
Hotel Europa Splash
#1 of 43 in Calella
Sant Jordi Boutique Hotel
Sant Jordi Boutique Hotel
#15 of 43 in Calella

Been to Summer Hotel Calella Barcelona? Share your experiences!