Terramar Hotel
Aparthotel Miami Park(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Pool
GHT Hotel Maritim(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Beachfront
Hotel Neptuno & Apartments(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bernat II(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Priceline
  • Pool
Hotel Les Palmeres(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
Hotel Kaktus Playa(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Pool
MedPlaya Hotel Santa Monica(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$79
US$75
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2013

So, although the Hotel Terramar is supposed to be a three star hotel, I agree that it is noisy and not for families, or maybe not for civilized folks. Although the staff was friendly, I think they were a little embarrassed by the nature of the run-down environment. However, the very-bare bones room had a "feature" ANTS!! Hundreds of ants. And they were not satisified, it turned out, staying on the floor. At 4 AM, my wife woke up itching, and turned on the light. she had about 20 little ants on her and on her pillow and woke me up to find that I had at least as many, plus I had a large number of ant carcasses under where I was sleeping! They were crawing up the headboard and making themselves at home. YUCK! In all our days of camping, we never had such bug problems. We showered packed up and left. At 5:30AM, there was no one with the authority to refund our money (we had paid for two nights), and when Bookings.com tried t get them to refund our money they refused. (Booking.com to their credit agreed to refund half of our payment.)
So, don't stay at the Hotel Terramar (or is it Terror-more?) unless you are an etymologist who likes to get close to his work at night.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charles m
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Right lets start with what I would say was a 100% honest review
Having booked the holiday in may this year and paid £389 for flights transfers and hotel on half board for a week on the 26 July!!! I would say was a bargain in it self. After reading the reports on here I was very nervous bout arriving at the hotel, we arrived about 3am reception was very helpful , we were given room 332 on 3rd floor which had 3 beds, over looking pool and sea view as well.. I agree there was no air condition and was very warm, also I agree there was young German Russians on balconies at the time of the nite... Reception had told us any noise to ring them ASAP and they will sort it out.. After getting to sleep and the following morning with sun shining this hotel looked good yes it's 3 star I would say 2 star plus... Breakfast was good plenty of cold meats cheeses eggs cereals. Bacon etc... Pool Is good but does lack sun loungers., there is only 14 around the pool good thing is the hotel do not allow any ppl around pool until 10 so no reserving the limited sun loungers... Evening meal is buffet, plenty of variety I don't think you can go hungry bad point non of the food is marked to what it is!! We ate there 6 out of 7 Nites.. I agree with some of the other reviews this hotel is not for families, or older couples but we were 3 ppl aged 22, 31 and 35 location is fantastic 3 mins from beach 4 mins for, nite life.. Overall I don't think u can complain at paying £22 a nite half board in the height of summer.... I would go back to the hotel and calella

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived on Monday 22nd July 2013, from the outside it looked like a nice place. The rooms are basic with no air/con but clean and the housekeeping was very good. Clean towels everyday. The shower was in the bath and no-where to attach it to the wall. The heat I can cope with by having the patio doors open...however, every room on our floor was full of German teenagers with 2 things on their mind, copious amounts of alcohol and their own little raves on their balcony!! It was horrendous. We complained over and over again to the staff. They did shut them up but I was constantly asking them to turn the music down as I had a 5 year old in bed. Other than the constant noise on a night, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the food was okay. The pool area was lovely and kids enjoyed spending time in the pool...until all the younger guests arrived, the boys were just acting idiots with no regard for the smaller swimmers and the girls laid around the pool tutting in disgust if a child splashed near them!

The site I booked this hotel on said it was family friendly. It is most certainly not for those who want a relaxing holiday with their family.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel was over run with dutch and german teenagers who come alive when you need your sleep we had to move rooms but more arrived and they would party all night drinking shouting and playing music on the the balconies some were thrown out but there would be relpacements the next day. One of the staff told us they had expressed their concerns to the owner but as they said he lived in a big house away from it and ought to try spending a night there to experience it.
As the hotel has no aircon you cant shut the doors so you just cant sleep, having just spent a week there it felt like two but with no sleep. JUST DONT GO THERE!

Room Tip: all the rooms are in need of renovation but in fairness are clean the staff are nice but can only work with what they have got.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank s21david
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Myself & my partner just got back from what was supposed to be a relaxing holiday for us.
We arrived on the Monday, they gave us a room in the 5th floor , no air con, no fan, bathroom was horrible . The worst thing about this hotel was the noise !
There was not 1 night that went by that we could get a good nights sleep. The hotel was full of kids/teenagers who were so unbelievably rude, they would blast their music all night, run up and down the dark corridors screaming & shouting at each other & bang on each others doors ! I'm all for having a good time but this was beyond a joke .
It actually ruined our holiday & we will never go back. We left the hotel & checked into another one just for a bit of relaxation , it was unbelievable .

The beds were horrible , my partner lay down the first night and was cut by a spring sticking out of the bed .

The hotel staff were ok , sometimes rude but on the morning of checking out after probably the noisiest night ever I spoke to the man on reception & told him what I thought... He agreed , showed me the book they keep all the complaints in and it was huge, constant complaints about the noise levels, when I say noise I don't just mean the usual shouting / laughing it is actually unbelievable that some people can be so inconsiderate to others .
Don't go here if you want a nice break or a family holiday .
Worst holiday of our lives !

• Stayed: July 2013