H.TOP Amaika Superior Adults Recommended
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
GHT Hotel Maritim(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Beachfront
Hotel Neptuno & Apartments(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kaktus Playa(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
Hotel Bernat II(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$58
  • Pool
Hotel Les Palmeres(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
Hotel Volga(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
MedPlaya Hotel Santa Monica(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
US$128
US$118
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
B&B El Pekinaire(Calella)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
1,436 results
All reviewstitanic themeshower cubiclebar staffh toptrain stationpool areablue barsaladbeach barlunch and dinnersauna and jacuzzipineda palacehigh floorfish dishesplenty of choiceon an all inclusive basismagic show
FilterAll languages

Amaika Hotel 4 star ?

First of all let me start by saying I’m not a seasoned traveller. Mid sixties and only been abroad once before.
So here goes I found the Amaika Hotel to be very clean, the rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels supplied every day (although they do ask you to be frugal on things to save on washing to Help the environment or could it be to save on wages).
I went as a single but still finished up with a double room which was very spacious even for two.
Now the down side.
The food leaves a lot to be desired, I know you don’t expect good English food when a broad but you expect good food. Being a child of the 50’s I was bought up on cheap cuts of meat, you know the sort of things like pig cheeks, pig knuckles and pig trotters, oh and plenty of sausage. It came as a shock to me to see these as the main meat at every meal time. I know we are living in austere times (they even have small dinner plates) but how I pined for some lovely roast beef, but having paid £310 approx for 4 nights all inclusive you would think a decent meal would be had on at least one day. You could get your 5 a day in fruit but vegetables were rather scarce.
If you are an early riser you are unable to get a morning coffee or tea until the restaurant opens at 7-30am.
With being all inclusive the drinks at the bar were free but only local brands, but not plenty of choice. The barman, that’s right the barman as most of the time, there was the only one serving beer. If the bar gets full be prepared to wait to be served.
As for entertainment you are better off playing games on your smart phones.
There is a TV in your room but you must pay a returnable deposit of €20 to get a remote control, you will not be able to watch if you don’t because there are no buttons to turn TV on or change channels.
Would I go here again? That’s a big NO.
I don’t know anything about ratings but I would put the hotel room at 3 stars but the rest a one star at most.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank oldtyke49
Reviewed 29 May 2013

i booked this hotel through easy jet holidays on behave of 5 other ladies. we booked it September 2012 for May 24th 2013, so yes nice and early booking all sorted and all of us looking forward to ourv 3 night break.

we paid in full. down loaded all paper work.

then we arrived at the hotel. the young receptionist search for our reservation and then looked again and again. the older receptonist was sorting a family out with there booking. mmm i asked is there problems here, she replied i do not wish to worry you but problems many problems.

when i was told to sit in the corner was when i started to worry. no corner for me.

the receptionist told me that although i had booked this hotel 8th Sept on the 11th sept i had cancelled my booking.

after i expect a very costly phone calls to easy jet on my mobile they assured me that the booking was active, but that does not help the matter when there were no rooms.

we even asked if at least could we have a drink reply was yes but only if we bought it, which we did. i couple of English girls realised our plight if you do read this we thank you, extra drinks they brought to us and explained this over booking fiasco is the norm, they helped us as much as possible.

we were transfered to another hotel in there chain the royal sun in santa susanna, if you were considering booking that hotel please dont.

i have never eperienced any thing like this before. but i wanted to warn people as it so stressful and so unbelievable

Room Tip: we would of accepted any room
Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in the middle of this month, we did the full board Silver which includes water, wine at lunch & dinner so well worth paying a little extra. the hotel has a "Titanic" theme running through it with brass portholes along corridors, the dining room was as it was on the ship and there was a special staircase(not used by guests) as on the "Titanic" with memorabilia around, the rooms were comfortable and clean, the staff very friendly and the food good although could have been more choice of desserts. The hotel is situated a few yards from the beach and just a short walk into the main shopping centre with a lot of shops and places to eat if you are hungry. The entertainment was okay but we did look at other hotels for their entertainment. All in all it was a good trip with a brilliant price and would recommend.

1  Thank LYN341
Reviewed 29 May 2013

just spent 4 nights All inclusive at the hotel Amaika in Calella travelled with Ferris coach holidays from Sheffield on Monday 20th may to Sunday 26th May, costing £254 each for me and the wife. We set off at 8am Monday travelled to Dover arriving at 3pm because of holdups with connecting busses, caught the 16.45 ferry to Calais then travelled through the night arriving at our hotel 13.30pm the next afternoon. All in all the coach travel was fine watching a few films on the way and serving hot and cold drinks at 80p a time. Upon arrival at the hotel we were shown to our room 122 very nice room with the biggest balcony ever, complete with 2 sun loungers, table and 2 chairs, the bathroom consisted of a bath with shower overhead plus a separate shower cubicle although a little small for myself probably ok for skinny small people not average build people. The room had twin beds which were firm but comfy, the tv remote needed a 20 euro deposit but the most extortionate cost was the hire of the room safe at 28 euro for 4 nights plus 10 euro returnable deposit. The all inclusive was a bit of a two tier system it started at 10am till 12 midnight it consisted of Estrella lager and all locally produced spirits and red, white, and rose wine, branded drinks were at a supplement, although if you ordered at lunch or evening dinner any wine you got a bottle or soft drinks or beer they were by the can, which was a nice touch. Now the food all in all was pretty poor for a 4 star hotel, yes there were pigs cheeks, pigs trotters, pigs knuckles, but it was more about what there was not, like beef steak, or pork steak, there was no meat show cooking while I was there. The deserts were not too bad good choice of cakes and always jelly and ice cream, the breakfast was ok every other day 1 day English sausage very nice, the next hot dog style horrible usual eggs and Spanish bacon, good choice of fruit and salads at lunch and dinner, but all in all I feel the food was of the cheapest cuts of meat not what you usually associate with a Spanish 4 star hotel I have been to many a hotel in Spain 3 star and 2 star and have eaten much better quality of food. The entertainment in the hotel consisted of mini disco for the few kids, gangland style over and over again, then bingo in several languages which drags it out a bit,then either a disco or a cabaret act of some sort not the worst but definitely not the best. It was my first time in Calella, quite a few shops nearby but not many british run bars but the prices were very expensive in the ones I found, 4 euros for a pint of strongbow watered down as well only 2.50 in Benidorm and tastes great too, all in all the hotel Amaika was not bad hotel in a good location with poor food more like a poor 3 star rather than a 4 star I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, because there are much better hotels for a lot less money in better locations with much better food.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 121 or 122 the bigest balconys anywhere
2  Thank Barnsley-Taxi-Man
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Wasnt too sure what to expect after reading reviews, but we neednt have worried, it was great.
We got a bargain i think at £180 each for a week AI.
The room was on floor 6 (high as we had asked for). We also had a sea view and pool view, tho being the corner apartment, it only had sun on the balcony for a couple of hours a day.
The food was very varied apart from deserts, which were more or less the same lunch and dinner every day. But I`m not a desert person, so that didnt bother me!
Yes, there were pigs trotters one day and i did try one. but it was not for me. I enjoyed the lambs liver/kidneys and rabbit, but then i like most food! The cheap cuts on the bone were ok- better than the fake circular turkey roast meat. There was plenty of salad choices each day.
Breakfast was a bit repetitive, but you could have something different every day.
The fruit juice at breakfast was a juice drink and very sweet- i stuck to water!
The train station was in walking distance (for Barcelona)
The hotel was one block from the beach and close to town, so was ideally situated.
There was street noise early in the morning unfortunately, but it didnt last long.
The pool area was small, but had plenty of sun and even tho there were signs to say no reserving of sun beds, people still did.
You could visit the other H Top hotels, but we didnt bother.
For the price we paid, i would definately consider going back.

Room Tip: Ask for high room above the pool for more sun on the balcony and a sea view. I dont think you can see the sea on lower floors.
2  Thank szwandtkj