“cant fault for a budget holiday!!”

Hotel Oasis Park Splash
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Reviewed 23 September 2012

After booking this hotel and then reading the reviews on here, myself and friends (party of 5 adults) were extremely worried about what we were going go find when we arrived. We all travel frequently and have stayed in some top hotels that were not as good as this one!! people need to remember when they book this is a 3 star hotel and NOT a 5 star, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!
From the time we checked in we found the staff to be helpful and polite. We had an apartment of 3 people & an apartment of 2 people, both had 2 bedroms with a twin and a double in each, each bedroom had a large balcony and air conditioning, appartments had large bathrooms with double sinks, shower, wc & bidet. our rooms overlooked the 3 swimming pools. the bar was well stocked and we always got served quickly and with a smile, the food in the restaurant was always fresh, hot and plentyfull & snacks are also available from the bar between meal times.
We are not the type of people to stay in the hotel and just do 'the all inclusive thing' (im sure if you did then you would get bored if it, but then I would do in a top 5 star after a few days!!) but the time we did spend at the hotel was most pleasent!!
To sum up, the hotel was always spotlessly clean throughout, rooms were cleaned daily, bar & restaurant were in my opinion much better than 3 star. Although we were out each evening and didnt see it there was entertainment every evening for children first, then adults a little later, all staff were always polite and friendly & I would not hesitate to return to this hotel or recommend to friends, FNTASTIC VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gumbut5
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park Splash, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear guest,

Your opinion has been important to improve the services, we would like to have your visit again.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Oasis Park Splash

Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

Hotel is lovely..cant fault it. Its clean, staff are friendly considering how many hours they work they remain polite at all times. I say this as they are spoken to quite rudely by many people who think they are royalty. Drinks are good..great choice for 3* including many cocktails and amaretto..which is a first for all inc for me. Food is varied and ediable. I travel a lot around europe and the food is as good as some hiltons ive stayed in.

There isnt much in the way of daytime entertainment..but i came here to relax. Night time is a mini disco and other acts..magician..bingo etc. Basic AI spain.

The hotel is in a perfect location. Surrounded by bars an trinket shops. Its about a ten min walk to the main centre..a very pleasant walk. The beach is backing onto to the shops. Fab fab fab.

Me and my partner (late 20s) have no complaints about this hotel at all. An hes a typical moaning man :-P Ive had worse 4*s an paid alot more money.

I would return here definately. Especially to go back to Papas bar..fantastic. Very enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear guest,

We welcome your comments, as customers come first for us and this encourages us to constantly improve our product and the resulting customer satisfaction and being in continuous improvement.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I am tour leader and travelling over the world and sleeping aprox. 200 nights in a year in the hotels over the world. But five nights in this hotel was not so nice.

Room was clean but

such a unpleasant aproach from hotel staff I did not see for such a long time!!! Everything what I asked was a big problem!!!

Gastronomy very poor. Everyday same bufet. Steaks from grill without any spices, gyros was not gyros!!!

So I can not recomended this hotel, never ever!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park Splash, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, and we want to convey our concern for them, which already made ​​and seek and perform a thorough survey of our management systems so that events do not happen again as we described.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just came back from a 2 week holiday...at last I can sleep!!!! Hotel has major problems with foreign students running down corridors, banging on doors, Shouting, partying in each others rooms until 4-5am in morning, annoying guests by ringing them via phone in middle of night, and generally making a nuisance if themselves!!! Not to mention the walls are so thin I could hear a couple having sex for 45 mins at 4am in morning!!!!!! ...not ideal when I'm a single parent having to run around after a 2 year old daughter throughout the day... Hard when you've only had 2-3 hrs sleep per night! The staff security tried their best to try & deal with this problem but within 10 mins another group would start. I've read other reviews from 2 years ago with the same issue at this hotel so you would of thought the hotel would of seriously tackled this problem..either by relocating the students, more security, or CCTV etc.
This hotel seems more aimed at German and polish etc, as the foreign daytime entertainment staff didn't really make that much of an effort to get to know us British!!! The kids club was pathetic, the lady made no effort with my child..sat there talking to another child from her country throughout!!! the indoor ball play area was locked & a member of staff had lost key!
Mealtimes was chaotic & noisy...not relaxing! Felt rushed!
Food was ok but was similar everyday just slight variation. Some Drinks from dispenser regularly weren't available so you were limited on what to drink.
The restaurant staff were very friendly & made an effort with my child.
I was on an all inclusive holiday but you had to pay extra for proper sprite, coca cola, vodka, non local beers etc!!!
The hotel swimming pools were good & water games etc can be played, there is a small kids park which needs refurbishing as the wood was blistered and nails rusty and parts loose! Not good when a child is in a swimming costume! A dog had fouled underneath the climbing frame & me & my family told staff twice about the mess! ..days later it was still there! Staff didn't seem bothered!
On the subject of dogs-the hotel is located near to residential flats & many have small dogs, one person had 4-5 dogs! And yes every morning these little dogs would be let out to foul on the nearby streets!!!! Mess everywhere! So yes a trip to the shops meant alot of side stepping!!!
Overall these experiences have put me off going back to this hotel, as it was not a cheap holiday!! Can't call this hotel relaxing at all! :(

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Black2174

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments we will keep on working to better the services and we keep special attention to some behaviours of some young people who can disturb the other guests.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The hotel was clean, some staff was ok, our room was excellent( we are a family of 5 and I was dreading our room but they put us in a big family room on the roof which was fantastic!!! That made my holiday:-), food was ok not much for kids unless ya went into bar area and had burger/hotdog and chips, says there is a gym and there isn't one!!!! Says you can have continental breakfast from half ten and there wasn't !!! Hold on to your PLASTIC beakers!!! When you get a drink coz if you loose em you can't get another drink, some staff rude and ignorant!!!! Kids club brill, entertainment staff are brilliant, they go to to beach for family beach, they entertain children and adults, one to watch out for is Michael he will av you laughing :-) we had a good time but won't be booking this hotel again,

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Myself and my husband, have just returned from our honeymoon, with our 8 year old son. we went on the 19th august for a week. The hotel was a 3 star although our agent said it was 4 star. It was neither. The food was absolutely terrible, went all inclusive, but had to eat out. The entertainment, was good for the kids, but that's it. We had numerous problems with the air conditioning, in the entertainment part. The lift broke down, at least 3 times during our stay. I have arthritis. The entertainment throughout the day was limited. We had to keep a plastic cup all week to re-fill as if we were at a child's party. We were so hungry and bored stiff by day 3, i wanted to leave. Fortunately we found the beaches, and calella itself beautiful, although the beach is all small stones no sand, The hotel was old fashioned, with the staff very unhelpful and sometimes quite ignorant. I love calella, but this hotel, i'm sorry is a disgrace, and i would never go back here, when i go on holiday I expect to put on weight not loose a stone. It was also extremely noisy, walls paper thin, we had little sleep due to hotel being overrun by lot's of young German lads. This hotel is definately not for family's, or the english really.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nadine R

Dear customer,

Reviewed 24 August 2012

This was my first holiday on my own, and was my boyfriend's first time too and we had a lovely time at this hotel! Despite having a lot of trouble with coach dropping us off in wrong town and refusing to pick us up at the correct hotel, the reception staff were extremely friendly, spoke very good English, and made sure we knew exactly what to do to get back to the airport. They drew us directions to the train station and told us how much tickets would be and what changes we needed to make. Without them I don't know what we would have done!

We're generally not fussy eaters at all and most of the food was very good - a selection of cooked meat, fish, and themed nights such as Mexican were all very good. I wasn't much of a fan of the salad or vegetables however, seemed very bland, and there were two days when pizza was served and seemed very soggy and tasteless, but we always found something to eat and never went hungry. Breakfast was also pretty good although they didn't vary the options throughout the week so I ended up eating the same things, but still they were nice. Staff were always coming round to collect dirty dishes and all seemed friendly.

I didn't have high expectations for the entertainment but I honestly thought it was excellent - a minidisco for children followed by something different each night. I thoroughly enjoyed the magician show, the flamenco dancers, and the entertainment team put on a number of shows and games which were more aimed at adults but still very enjoyable for all ages. They even offered aqua aerobics, games of pool, ping pong and loads more throughout the day. I cannot praise them enough - they were so friendly and funny!

The all inclusive bar was pretty good, with a selection of cocktails, sangria, beer and soft drinks. I mostly drank ice tea throughout the week but I did enjoy their pina coladas as well. I think the green card system worked very well - where you are given your drink in exchange for your card and then you just return the empty cup for a new drink until you want your card back. Staff were quite friendly and were quick to serve you. They also offered hot dogs, burgers and chips as snacks, and pastries around 4.30.

The three pools were all lovely - although one is for children. Plenty of sunbeds and chairs, parasols are available but there is usually a shady area somewhere if you don't want to be in the sun. You are not allowed to reserve sunbeds the previous night which is not a problem for me personally. There was a jacuzzi by the main pool which was very nice to relax in, but you have to be quick to get in when someone leaves as it was very popular!

Room was basic but comfy and clean, I didn't need a hairdryer and I don't go on holiday to watch TV so the lack of channels is not an issue. New towels provided and room cleaned on a daily basis, maids were friendly and were happy to clean another room when I asked if they could come back in a few minutes. Our room was right next to the restaurant so I found I was woken up around 8am but I was not bothered by this and I never failed to sleep through the night.

Overall I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. It's in a quieter area of the town with a few high rise buildings surrounding it but this did not fuss me. Calella is a lovely town - plenty of shops, old streets to wonder around, cafes/restaurants and a lovely beach. Transport to Barcelona is extremely easy - €8.60 for a return which takes just over an hour, very clean, modern trains with air con. I would recommend both this hotel and Calella to anybody and will definitely return!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SerhsHotels, Propietario at Hotel Oasis Park Splash, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear guest,

Dear sir/Madam, your opinion has been very important for us to correct everything you did not like and give a better service.