“Poor, The Foods Unbearable & Staff Not Much Better...”
Review of Haromar Hotel

Haromar Hotel
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Reviewed 27 October 2011

After staying here for a school trip I wasn't expecting a fantastic hotel to stay in, this hotel is okay if you are just looking for somewhere to just sleep in, the food is TERRIBLE I have never had such a low standard of food anywhere like this.

The hotel does have WiFi but I found that you can only get it when in a certain room in the hotel (one with old chairs and tables on the second floor which is used mostly by school/ college students like myself).

I also think that the staff are also rude at this hotel, giving you dirty looks and are very arrogant towards you.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 211, if you want a decent view then you will have to get rooms on the other side as...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank BillyJP

Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed at the Haromar with my fiancee from Fri 3rd Sept - Mon 6th Sept. Two words 'Bed Bugs' We checked in to room 315, though it was a bit dated but looked clean...we were wrong! Due to an early morning flight, we were both shattered and so late afternoon (after not being there all day) decided to take a 20 minute power nap. I was awoken by my fiance telling me not to panic, but to roll onto his bed (as they were twin) as slowly as I could. Once I got out of the bed I realised why, around 10 creatures crawling around. Yuk.

After a shower, we contacted reception who sent a handyman who spoke no English to investigate. The handyman preceded to flip the mattress and flick-off these creatures. After seeing the look on our faces he disappeared to reception and returned holding a key for an alternative room (416). This new room was of a better standard and had no visible bed bugs. However my concern was that as there were so many bed bugs in one bed, they must have been infested.

I would never recommend you stay at this hotel no matter how cheap - we made that mistake. Alternatively try Garbi or Maritim (stayed here before) They are along the same seafront and are clean, nothing special but clean.

The hotel service also left a lot to be desired especially if you are not German. Upon checking out the male receptionist adopted a stare out competition with my finace for no apparent reason!

Overall an absolute nightmare, Calella is lovely but this hotel is hell.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hollybutt
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Just returned from trip to Calella. This was the 3rd time I've stayed at the Harromar. Excellent hotel, great location and the staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheresaCleveland
Reviewed 27 September 2009

The Hotel couldn't be nearer the beach except being on it, yes there is a railway line between you and it but a walk way is seconds from Hotel. You literally will be on the beach within 2mins so location 5/5. Your a 5 min walk from the main part of Calella with cafes and bars on your way. The rooms are ok a bit small but adequate, there was no sockets in the room area only one in the bathroom so we charged phones with lead coming out of the bathroom ??. No tea/coffee in rooms sorry but i like coffee first thing. Room was cleaned every day and balcony was ok room also has air con & tv. Hotel served breakfast & dinner(buffet) we only booked for breakfast so can't say about dinner, the breakfast was good selection with continental mixed with British, cold meats meets fry up with plenty of coffee, tea & hot chocolate. There is bar with pool table,tv and fruit machine with outside area next to small pool, but who needs pool with sea so close. All round good hotel good value for money we paid £107 each for 7 nights.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beanmuncha
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I've just spent a week in Calella, Spain it was lovely, Hotel Haromar was literally a stone's throw from the beach and what a beach it goes for miles with bar/cafe every section, for naturalist's in you there is a nudist area to the bottom end. The sea is warm an appealing but maybe a bit choppy at times, there's plenty to do, volleyball, water sports, eating, walking. The town itself is great not too British input like Benidorm but still egg & chips available ha ha. There is a strong German/Denmark presence, plenty of shops of all kinds, usual tourist plus high street names. We suggest getting money changed before hand else bring plastic, banks charge €6 commission and we only found 1 money exchange giving €1.07 to the £. There's a tourist bus(looks like a train) that goes right around the town i think it's free but never tried it. Bars and eateries are plentiful for all tastes, we really liked Cafe Bar Top where you'll find casper the young Dutch manager great craic and Stewart the new bar man. The train station is in the middle on the beach (the tracks run right down the coast) where you can get a train to Barcelona for approx €6 RTN or anywhere else on the coast. The people are lovely we had a great relaxing week and the weather was fantastic for September 25-29 degrees. Hope you enjoy it as well.

4  Thank beanmuncha
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Great value at this hotel and a very enjoyable holiday, fab beaches lovely old town to spend hours wandering around the ancient narrow streets with loads of shops and cafes, mainly german and dutch but a nice area for the brits and nice bars, certainly couldnt knock it for a lovely hol away only went for 5 days but it was enough and got a nice tan as well . better for couples and family rather than stag and hen do`s, give it a try !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I just wanted to add some pictures.

We've just returned from Calella, Spain - Hotel Haromar - and we would go back there anytime.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple