“Very nice stay during Ironman Calella”
Review of Miami Hotel

Miami Hotel
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Very nice stay during Ironman Calella”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed there one night because of the Ironman Race in Calella. The staff was really very friendly, nice and helpful. We could take the bike in the room over night. The breakfast was good and they offered more than 3 star hotels normally do. The bead was comfortable. Just the noise from the other rooms was a bit loud. Better you take ear plugs with you. We will definately come back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank smurgel
TommyOZ14, Gerente at Miami Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear smurgel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us. We are absolutely delighted that you consider us a 3+ hotel!!

The Miami team and I are so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back on the next Ironman in Calella.

Warm Regards

Tomas Mallol
Management

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We didn't like this hotel. We got a really bad service, we found a bean in the room and when we noticed that to the personal they were laughing in front of us, so we got realy angry. We think this hotel should have 1 star and not 3, then the hotel would have a better quality/price relationship. We went to Calella with a group and some people were located in Miami Hotel and the others were located in Aparthotel Miami Park; both hotels are directed by the same people and both hotels are situated next to the other one.The other people in Aparthotel Miami Park had the same experience, so I writed this review in both hotels to help users to choose their hotel and improve the quality of the services, that's this site main function.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank YourAdvisor88
TommyOZ14, Gerente at Miami Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear YourAdvisor88,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am so sorry about this late reply, but we are new at replying on TripAdvisor and other sites. Receive also my most sincere apologies but I can not remember your case. I have been checking our data base, guest by guest, since I first read your comment last October, and I have no idea about a Finnish group staying some with us and some others at the ApartHotel MiamiPark last August, or the whole last summer. Anyway, your case is very strange and I do doubt about your TripAdvisor profile and your experience within us.

Starting from the beginning, I am the Manager, and I will not accept any anonymous comment that can damage the reality of our Hotel. You can contact me personally at the following email so I can follow your case up: hotelmiami@hotelmiamicalella.com. The staff and I know we are a budget 3stars hotel in Calella, and we are conscious there are many things we can improve, but we all try everyday to do our best to help each and every guest in their holidays, which my personal goal every morning.

I should add, the management of both establishments is completely different and independent, I do not know where did you got that wrong information.

Finally, this site main function is to describe real experiences, not lies.

You have my personal e-mail if you want to discuss your case personally. I am open to apologize if your case did happen.

Kind regards,
Tomas Mallol
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Calella hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for a week in aug 2013. Tomas on reception was extremely helpful and went out of his way to welcome us and say hi each day. He is a credit to the hotel. All staff speak english. The buffet lunches and dinners were excellent- lots of choice and very well presented.

Rooms cleaned daily with clean towels every day- cant fault anything. The hotel is v clean.

The location of this hotel is great- close to many shops, bars, restaurants and approx 5 min walk to the beach, look for 'zone 9' bar on the beach. If you mention you're from 'hotel miami' and buy your beds and umbrella from this beach bar £15euro for the day (2 x beds and 1 umbrella) they give you drinks vouchers worth approx. 20 euro so the beds are effectively free...?

The other guests at the hotel were mainly German or Dutch - all nice people, but if its lots of English people you're looking for, this may not be the place for you. But we'd rather have a multi European hotel than full of English (we could stay at home for that!)

I would def recommend this hotel. Can't fault it.

Jo, aged 42, Milton Keynes

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jo D
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Food and accommodation were very good. We could not complain about anything. The biggest impression for me was the hotel staff.
Central location and close to the beach.
Really good for shopping.
Good service.
Good for singles and family friendly : )

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angelroland
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

we booked this holiday quite late and decided not to look at reviews first. im so glad we did as some of the reviews might have put us off! it was my granddaughters first trip abroad and her and my daughter and me loved it. the hotel miami was spotless welcoming and very central.the staff could not have been more friendly. we were the only english speaking guests that we could see but that was not a problem to us. a smile translates to all languages,the food was lovely and lots of choices. the staff were lovely to us perhaps because we were polite to them unlike other guests! the lovely lady who served our drinks in the day was so nice my grandaughter had a tear when we said goodbye and thanked her for her service, she hugged us and made us feel very special.i would go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Gill S
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed in the Miami apartments over the road from the main hotel and found it pretty good value. Staff were friendly, helpful (you will have to ask though as they're not brilliant at volunteering useful information) and the apartments whilst basic perfectly reasonable given the price.

A reasonably sized pool, lots of sunbeds (no umbrellas) and a good amount of sun throughout the day. Can't say anything about the bar or food facilities as they were untested.

All in all a good value stay.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room facing the street which meant evenings on the balcony were sunny and had a s...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rich_and_AnnaG
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was situated within a great spot for the high street and train station.
Bad points sadly outweigh the good. The pool area is far too small and there are only about 20 sun beds for the whole hotel and nowhere else to lie. In high season I imagine this would be a massive problem, one half of the hotel gets no sunlight and the balconies all face in on each other so noise travels loudly and is unavoidable if within these rooms.
The area itself is not very touristy and there isnt much to do if you are young. Lloret de mar seems like a better area for younger people wanting some british comforts away from home.
The beach is horrible as the sand is very painful to walk on barefoot and there is no atmosphere but this may be due to the time of year.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple