“Great hotel ”
Review of Miami Hotel

Miami Hotel
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Can't fault the hotel,food very good a bit noisy with being near to a road but where isn't these days?must give special credit to the reception staff who took time and effort to help us obtain boarding passes and airport transfers.made all the difference. Mr Mrs swalwell

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian S
TommyOZ14, Gerente at Miami Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Mr &Mrs Swalwell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly and helpful team.

We would love to welcoming you back to the hotel in a future occasion.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently stayed in this Hotel with a group of 18, 13 year old boys and 4 Adults.We were taking part in a soccer tournament. From the very outset the staff could not have been more professional and helpful. Even though we arrived after midnight they had food prepared for everyone. The staff at reception, restaurant and the bar all provided a very friendly and efficient service. They were extremely patient with, as you can imagine, this group of boys. There is an excellent choice of food through all 3 courses, the boys certainly could not go hungry. The rooms were cleaned every day, reception helped us with any question we had and the Manger helped us resolve an issue with our return flight.
All in all the hotel, its staff and service helped make this a thoroughly enjoyable week. We would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel, only downside the walls are a bit thin...but we got over that because of everything else.
Well done to everyone there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shoshi28

Dear Shoshi28,

Thank you for taking your time in giving your opinion both personally and here on Tripadvisor. Here I take the liberty of rewriting the email I sent you last June:

We are very pleased to know you had a good time with us. It is our job to give our best to all of our clients, from singles to big groups, from Spain or any other country. It is very satisfying to receive e-mails and messages like yours, which keep us motivated in doing what we do. We also appreciate that Group Leaders and Team Managers like you appreciate our job, as we understand it is the responsibility of both parts (Group Leaders and Hotel) to enjoy your stay, as well as the stay of other clients. You and your boys made it easy!

Thank you again for the message (and recommendation, I should add).

We are looking forward to having you again, anytime.

Kind regards,

Tomàs Mallol

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed there one night because of the Ironman Race in Calella. The staff was really very friendly, nice and helpful. We could take the bike in the room over night. The breakfast was good and they offered more than 3 star hotels normally do. The bead was comfortable. Just the noise from the other rooms was a bit loud. Better you take ear plugs with you. We will definately come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smurgel
TommyOZ14, Gerente at Miami Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear smurgel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us. We are absolutely delighted that you consider us a 3+ hotel!!

The Miami team and I are so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back on the next Ironman in Calella.

Warm Regards

Management

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We didn't like this hotel. We got a really bad service, we found a bean in the room and when we noticed that to the personal they were laughing in front of us, so we got realy angry. We think this hotel should have 1 star and not 3, then the hotel would have a better quality/price relationship. We went to Calella with a group and some people were located in Miami Hotel and the others were located in Aparthotel Miami Park; both hotels are directed by the same people and both hotels are situated next to the other one.The other people in Aparthotel Miami Park had the same experience, so I writed this review in both hotels to help users to choose their hotel and improve the quality of the services, that's this site main function.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank YourAdvisor88

Dear YourAdvisor88,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am so sorry about this late reply, but we are new at replying on TripAdvisor and other sites. Receive also my most sincere apologies but I can not remember your case. I have been checking our data base, guest by guest, since I first read your comment last October, and I have no idea about a Finnish group staying some with us and some others at the ApartHotel MiamiPark last August, or the whole last summer. Anyway, your case is very strange and I do doubt about your TripAdvisor profile and your experience within us.

Starting from the beginning, I am the Manager, and I will not accept any anonymous comment that can damage the reality of our Hotel. You can contact me personally at the following email so I can follow your case up: hotelmiami@hotelmiamicalella.com. The staff and I know we are a budget 3stars hotel in Calella, and we are conscious there are many things we can improve, but we all try everyday to do our best to help each and every guest in their holidays, which my personal goal every morning.

I should add, the management of both establishments is completely different and independent, I do not know where did you got that wrong information.

Finally, this site main function is to describe real experiences, not lies.

You have my personal e-mail if you want to discuss your case personally. I am open to apologize if your case did happen.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for a week in aug 2013. Tomas on reception was extremely helpful and went out of his way to welcome us and say hi each day. He is a credit to the hotel. All staff speak english. The buffet lunches and dinners were excellent- lots of choice and very well presented.

Rooms cleaned daily with clean towels every day- cant fault anything. The hotel is v clean.

The location of this hotel is great- close to many shops, bars, restaurants and approx 5 min walk to the beach, look for 'zone 9' bar on the beach. If you mention you're from 'hotel miami' and buy your beds and umbrella from this beach bar £15euro for the day (2 x beds and 1 umbrella) they give you drinks vouchers worth approx. 20 euro so the beds are effectively free...?

The other guests at the hotel were mainly German or Dutch - all nice people, but if its lots of English people you're looking for, this may not be the place for you. But we'd rather have a multi European hotel than full of English (we could stay at home for that!)

I would def recommend this hotel. Can't fault it.

Jo, aged 42, Milton Keynes

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jo D
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Food and accommodation were very good. We could not complain about anything. The biggest impression for me was the hotel staff.
Central location and close to the beach.
Really good for shopping.
Good service.
Good for singles and family friendly : )

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angelroland
Reviewed 24 July 2013

we booked this holiday quite late and decided not to look at reviews first. im so glad we did as some of the reviews might have put us off! it was my granddaughters first trip abroad and her and my daughter and me loved it. the hotel miami was spotless welcoming and very central.the staff could not have been more friendly. we were the only english speaking guests that we could see but that was not a problem to us. a smile translates to all languages,the food was lovely and lots of choices. the staff were lovely to us perhaps because we were polite to them unlike other guests! the lovely lady who served our drinks in the day was so nice my grandaughter had a tear when we said goodbye and thanked her for her service, she hugged us and made us feel very special.i would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family