“The price is right.”

Internacional Hotel
Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Calella
Reviewed 5 July 2012

A really nice hotel for a two star, if there was any negatives we were the only british people there. I'm a picky eater but i always found something to eat. On our last meal we had to share our dinning table with two Russian men, which we did not like one bit, neither did they with the looks on thier faces. hotel very clean, rooms done every day plus towels, staff very helpful at all times and the price was right, flight,hotel and transfers only came to £435 for two of us. I then upgraded to a air/con room on the sixth floor an extra 10 euro per day plus 10 euro deposit for the remote, room 612 with a view to die for.
If you get on the land train it will cost you 2.25 euro's go's all the way upto pinade, get off and back on when you like. This resort is nothing like benidorm it is unspoiled from us tourist.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David P

Reviewed 3 July 2012

we stayed here in the middle of june this year,,,had a great wee holiday,,,yes the food is different to what we brits like,,,the hint is in the name of the hotel,,my wife loved the salads tho,,,good to go to a place were there are no lager soaked numptys teariny about,,,,great location for the beach cause the pool is quite small and nice stroll into town,,,you got to visit the alcatraz bar around the corner,,great pub and does english food and beer,,,we are booking up for september this year,,cant wait

Room Tip: most rooms are basic but clean,,maid was round each day,,get a midd floor with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cameron1967
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have just come back from a week away with my 71yr old mum and 23yr old daughter and all 3 of us had a really good time. We arrived late at night and after dropping others off at hotels on the way we were slightly disappointed with the outside of ours. However, the chap on the desk was very nice and the hotel was clean with a spacious reception. Our room had a fabulous sea view (which I asked for). The room was not very big but adequete for 3 girls...we only slept in there so no issues. All staff at the hotel very very very nice...a lady at reception gave us fab directions of trains to go to Barcelona...well worth a visit. The beach was good despite it being stones rather than sand...the good thing was no sand in your clothes!!! Nice bars and shops etc nearby. I would stay here again just for the beach location, cleanliness and friendly staff

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view as some rooms at the side of us looked out at the balconies of the hotel next doo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 22 June 2012

just got back from 4 day stay and have to say was great budget hotel to stay in,,very clean room,no a/c tho,,small pool but the beach is only couple minute walk away,went half board,breakfast was nice,continental style,id say give dinner a miss in the evening tho,catered more for germans,but plenty of great restaurants nearby,,drinks at the hotel little expensive so for water and soft drinks there is a spar shop next to the hotel which is very cheap,,10 minute stroll into calella town and excellent shopping!!!u can get a train from there to barcelona for 8.6 euros return and its a must do if uv got the time,,barcelona is awesome!!all in all this hotel is very good and a great price!! very happy,,,

Room Tip: i did ask for air conditioning but didnt get it so make sure when u book!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The hotel is very convenient if you consider how close you are to the beach. The room was spacey enough and very clean. We got a room without AC to save some money, it can get rather hot during the day (room is exposed to the sun for most of the day), so keep that in mind. During the night I had no problems with the room being too hot.
Staff is friendly, buffet breakfast has plenty of different kinds of food to choose from.
The view from the balcony is great, both day and night. In conclusion I will surely be back for my next stay in Calella.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room;)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank traveler81it
Reviewed 4 October 2010

As we were celebrating 45 years of marriage,my husband & I decided to look for a last minute deal for a five night break, & found this hotel with Jet2 holidays at very good value. On arrival, we were greeted on reception by a fantastic lady called Lotte, who was so very helpful. We had a room with a side sea view on the 3rd. floor, which we were pleasantly surprised with as this is only a 2* hotel. Wardrobe space was adequate, the bathroom & balcony the same, & the bed was comfortable enough, I have had much less comfortable in a so called 4*. We booked full board, & found the food to be also adequate. True, bacon at breakfast is not as we know it, & I did not enjoy it, but I personally can live without bacon, it was only on our last day that we had proper bacon, & yes, some days eggs were hard boiled, but two of the five days there were fried. The lunches & evening meals were fine, a little repetitive to a certain extent, but we never went hungry, & as we paid very little, I must stress that I cannot complain. The staff in the restaurant were a little stand offish at first, but when they see that you are polite & friendly towards them, they reciprocate & I found them very friendly. The majority of the guests were not English, & our language is not what comes easiest to them, but they have to be complimented on the other language skills they have, as I think the waitresses in the restaurant were Russian, & they were fluent at Spanish & German. WE English are lazy when it comes to learning other languages, so I don't believe we should automatically expect others to be able to speak ours.
THE DOWNSIDES:-
1- There was no entertainment at all, but maybe there is in the Summer, I would not know, & also, the room where we could sit in the evening to have a drink, was not very comfortable, it was like a big canteen with no atmosphere at all, & as the weather was not as good as I had hoped, it was too chilly to sit outside at night.
2- The pool is VERY small & sunbathing areas practically non existant, there is a small sunbathing area on the roof, but would not cater for many people, however, there is a large beach which is on the other side of the railway line via several underpasses, so for any beach lovers the lack of pool facilities would not be a problem.
3- There is only air conditioning in some of the rooms which cost extra, but at this time of the year, was not a problem for us, however in the Summer I could imagine it would be very uncomfortable, so if you plan to go during the hotter months, I recommend that you make sure you that your room has this facility.
4- I must add that I would not book this hotel at brochure prices, but for what we paid, or if you get a great deal, I would definately recommend it, so my "Recommend To A Friend" section should be taken in context.
FINALLY.....Although this has nothing to do with the hotel, we found Calella to be extremely quiet at this time of year, in fact there appeared to nothing much going on at all, & although we are not people looking for 24/7 entertainment, this was too quiet for us, & as the weather was disappointing, we were pleased that we were there for just a short break. We also found where there was a little entertainment, (I will not name the bars), the prices they charged for drinks was extortionate, & families with children were paying well over the odds for even soft drinks, a shame really, because more people would have stayed later in these establishments, if people could have spent less, & from my own experience, as a vodka/coke drinker, the strength of same was VERY poor, & my husband said the beer wasn't the best either, but the owners know their punters want somewhere to go at night &

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelper
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed in the hotel for 7 nights in double standard room with HB. The room was exactly what you could expect from two stars hotel - simple, modest and clean, but has excellent sea view and balcony for leisure sitting with glass of wine observing the sunset. Staff was friendly, especially ladies at check-in table and restaurant manager. Breakfast exceeded all expectations considering 2-star hotel. Cold meats, tomatoes, cheese, eggs, bacon, 3 or 4 sorts of hot dogs, 2 sorts of cereals, milk, yogurt (2 sorts), 3 sorts of cakes and churros and, of course, hot drinks (coffee, tea, chocolate). Actually, juices (orange, pineapple, multivitamin) could be of better quality, but it is nothing in comparison with all above mentioned. As for dinner I have to begin with that it was scheduled at the right time - not too early, not too late. And the most important thing is - selection of plates was vast (various vegetables, 4 sorts of salads, soup, 2 or 3 second courses (fish, meat, pasta), not all foods every day was perfect, but you could find something really good and nice. Selection of fresh fruits and desserts was incredible if you still not forgot that you were staying with 2 star hotel. Summing up, board was unexpectedly very good. We really really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends