“Very disappointing!”

Hotel Best Cambrils
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Cambrils
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose the hotel because we needed secure car parking. We read that parking was 'complimentary' on a first come first served basis, but we were charged 9 euros for a day's parking. We were then allocated a room (more like a chalet really) not even part of the hotel, overlooking a mini gold course. It looked decidedly run down and we were considering leaving and going elsewhere, but decided as it was only for 1 night we would stay. We needed WIFI which wouldn't work presumably because we were too far from the hotel. We then asked to be moved into the hotel as we needed WIFI. We were given a room on the first floor overlooking a roof and car park, next to the train track. The entertainment in the hotel was loud, & would keep you awake if you wanted to sleep before midnight. This hotel is out of town, we drove 3 miles into Cambrils and ate in a restaurant overlooking the marina which was very nice. I've given the hotel 2 stars as the second room we were offered was clean, & the buffet breakfast was very good.

2  Thank Clare T
HOTELARANEA, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Cambrils, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Clare T,

We take note and try to verify everything you mention in order to improve everything under deficiency.
I reiterate my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that has occasioned for the so earned holidays for you and your family. I remain at your disposal for whatever is needed.
Best regards.

Best Cambrils

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Third visit, just got back. Year after year the staff stay which says a lot, they always remember us and are an asset to the hotel. Food still excellent hotel still very clean a good holiday was had. The Best hotels are a good chain as we have been to others and have always been happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are of good quality with good and bad points , I,e railway line, but no noise when door sh...
3  Thank gillandian70

Dear Gillandia
Our best satisfaction is that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they want to visit us again. On behalf of the hotel team and myself, many thanks for your kind words.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hi, I decided to take my grandson (aged 9) for a weeks holiday and decided to go back to the Best Cambrils as we had been there a couple of years ago and he enjoyed it. Wish we had picked somewhere else, Firstly we had an issue with our room and when we went to the reception we got very little help, so we asked for the manager we were told he wouldn't be in till 5pm, so my wife returned at 5pm and asked to see the manager, the receptionist told her to wait a minute, my wife stood there being ignored, whenever she tried to get there attention, they were to busy dealing with something else for 30 minutes. My wife eventually gave up and walked away very upset. I told her not to let it spoil our holiday before it had begun, so we carried on. We were A/I and if you go A/I be prepared to be treated as a second class citizen, at the bar if you ask for a cocktail you get it out of pre prepared bottle in the fridge, I believe with very little if any alcohol in it, if you are a paying customer you get it freshly made up in front of you including the alcohol. The barmen never smiled once the whole week we were there, oh sorry, one of them did smile once when I asked for a packet of crisps for my grandson and gave him 5 euro and told him to keep the change, hey presto a smile. Another time I went to the pool bar and waited and waited and as long as there was someone waiting who was going to pay they came first, a woman who came up to the bar actually pointed to me and told the barman I was before her as I had been waiting ages, the bar man said no, paying guests first. When he did hurriedly bring me my drinks, he brought me two cokes instead of two coffees, and I wasn't waiting till he decided to serve me again as he was off serving another paying customer. Don't go A/I. The food was fine, a bit repetitive, some good some not so good, and the restaurant staff were also quite nice. The entertainment was poor, the same man tried to get games going during the day around the pool and at night he was the man who ran the entertainment, 10 out of 10 for effort, but that's it. We stayed from the 17th to the 24th May and I wish we hadn't, this hotel has gone back the way since I was last here a couple of years ago. I wont be back. And remember beware the A/I.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spikeyScotland
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Cambrils, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear clients

We regret that your expectations of our establishment, have not been fully met. thanks to reviews like yours we can see better our weaknesses and focus all our efforts to solve them as quickly and efficiently as possible , because our main goal is maximum satisfaction of our clients.

Similarly, we take this opportunity to send you our opinions on the issues that you outlined in your review . In ourhotel we treat all our customers equally, no matter if they are in all-inclusive formule or by direct payment. On our next weekly meeting with the responsable chiefs of bars and other departments decisions will be taken to improve the care to our customers, because our main obsession is that they enjoying their holidays.
Once again we thank you for the dedicated time to send us your comments, we 'll keep it very present and study the necessary corrective measures , to continue the process of continuous improvement of our establishment.

Yours Sincerely,

Dtor . Hotel Best Cambrils

Reviewed 26 May 2014

we stayed at the best cambrils hotel cambrils from 17/5/14.to 24/5/14 should have been to the 27/5/14 but went home early because we was totally bored with the place,doubt very much if its 4 star ,room was nice .t.v. was crap could do with some english channels. left our lock card in the light slot one day went for breakfast on returning its missing asked the cleaner if she had taken it she denied it no-one else could have been in the room.
breakfast was exceptable very extensive buffet laid out including champagne, dinner not so good i suppose im being fussy but we ate out one night and i know of several others who did the same.
staff there are very helpful but one that stood out was Sandra on reception five star.the concierge in the restaurant was very helpful,one night i decided to take a walk into cambrils because believe me this hotel is in the middle of nowhere.about a 3 mile round trip and i saw 3 people all where walking around looking for something to do, and the amount of apartment complexes that where empty is unbelievable.this looks like a place dying !!!.
would not go there again.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank geoffrey b
HOTELARANEA, Gerente at Hotel Best Cambrils, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We regret that your expectations of our establishment have not been fully met. Similarly, we thank you that you have made your comments, and thanks to letters like yours, is better where we can see our weaknesses and focus all our efforts to solve them as quickly and efficiently as possible, because our main goal is the maximum satisfaction of our customers.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just had a week in Best Cambrils the room was clean and nicely furnished with a small fridge in the room, the bathroom was clean and shampoo and shower gel supplied. We were at the side of the hotel where the railway went past but it did not bother us too much. The food was nice and well presented, there was a choice of meat/ pork or fish every night as well as what the Chef cooked fresh, and a nice selection of salad dishes. The deserts were fine the same things everynight but about 6 or 7 different things to pick from. The staff are friendly and helpful, we were leaving early for the return trip home and asked if the dining room would be open and we were given a pass to get us into the dining room where they had a breakfast set out it was how ever a continental breakfast with a variety of meats so most of the people were going for toast. The Hotel is a good hour or more from Salou depending on how quick you walk, and the same to go into Cambrils but it is a nice walk along the shore.

Room Tip: The train line runs at the front of the hotel whrer the entrance is, the back of the hotel is to the...
1  Thank PearlBelfast
BESTHOTELS2013, Director Hotel at Hotel Best Cambrils, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for letting us your feedback. We are pleased that, in general, you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much to emphasize the cleanliness of our property. It is an aspect that we take great care to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay. Also, we are glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and our rooms.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staying as I type. Been coming Catalan area since 92. And best cambrils 3 times and wow how its gone down hill. Food is so so bad can't eat it. A lot old faces staff wise and all but reception staff are 100%. Great folk. But food and entertainment so rubbish no kids disco or pool games. My kids have always looked forward to Spanish songs they travel home singing them well not this year sadly. We non drinkers but sit bar at night for kids disco then early night for kids but nothing at all this year. So sad to say will return Catalan area every year but not best group of hotels ever again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank k g

Dear Guest,
Above all, we want to apologize for failing to meet your expectations and not being able to make you enjoy a pleasant holiday at all. We have taken your comments very seriously and i will personally talk with my colleagues to make sure improvements are implemented in our animation services. But I can not agree with your opinion about our food, our restaurant has a very high rating from our customers.

Hopefully you will give us another oportunity and visit us again

Kind Regards

Best cambrils

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have just stayed there the room we were given was part of a flat roof and ten yards away was a mainline railway track so the view was not good..The food choices were very poor unless you liked burger and chips every night..everything seemed to be catered for the Spanish holiday guests even the entertainment was for them. On the plus side the hotel was spotless and the pool area was good .the reception staff were not at all very friendly except for Christian who was a lovely guy..We would not stay there again..

Room Tip: Check out your room if your on the back of the hotel bad luck .you might get it changed if Christian...

Dear Customer,
We want to thank you for the time spent to share your experience at our property, because it gives us the opportunity to improve our services. We regret not being able to meet your expectations in relation to the meals. We just want to mention that the food served in our restaurant is international kitchen and apart from burgers and fries we have a very wide variety. We're glad you liked the pool area and our reception staff.

Best regards.