I have just returned from a weeks holiday. We had an early flight so arrived at the hotel around 10am which was well before check-in which is anytime after 12pm, we were tired and had a 2 hour wait before we were supplied with our all inclusive wristbands, the drinks machines hadn't been turned on so we were left waiting in the lobby. When we got our keys I was relieved that we had a pool view which was very nice however the rooms lacked attention, no mirror in room aside from the bathroom which is useless because its steamed up after showering, reception told me all rooms were the same, curtains missing pegs, looked shabby hanging, only given one chair on balcony even though they were 3 in my party, when asked we were given 1 more. Sheets didn't fit beds very well too small. The shower was very good and powerful but I don't know what good the bath would have been as it was tiny perhaps for young children. The maids very pleasant and worked hard everyday but tidied rather than cleaned, towels were changed on request if left in the bath but I have to say towels looked on the grubby side. The pool was cleaned well daily but the sun beds were very old and grotty, you have to pay 2euros for a parasol which is refundable at the end of the day with receipt, these to could do with replacing. We bought a Lilo for our daughter from a shop attached to the hotel and we're told she couldn't use it even though other children had different floaty pool toys, their were no signs informing lilo's were not allowed. Pool side bar staff are very busy so you could find yourself waiting a while before being served and even on an all inclusive package some drinks and ice creams are an extra charge. The food in the restaurant was good, a wide range for adults and children, the show cooking looks great but be aware I wasn't always convinced that the meat was cooked. Some lovely stir fry dishes and freshly made pancakes for breakfast. The thing that let the restaurant down was the continuously dirty plates which we had to search for a clean one, on positive note the staff were polite and work extremely hard. We enjoyed our holiday as the hotel is in a quiet and convenient location with a bus stop right outside the front great for trips along the coast and excursions also the Plana coach company is opposite the hotel, they are extremely helpful with bus times etc, would recommend you seek them out if your planning a trip as we feel they were better value. Lovely beach with golden soft sand a few minutes walk away. We enjoyed some lovely evening walks along the coast. Overall this hotel is far from 4star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the area of Vilafortuny only 60m. from the beach. Comfortable rooms with balcony, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV, fridge, security door lock, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet style restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine, bar-cafeteria, TV lounge and a snack-bar at the swimming pool. Outdoor swimming pool for adults and children, games room, children’s area and kid’s club. Day and night entertainment program. Optional services: spa, gift shops, internet corner, fitness centre, massage, ping pong and billiard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Best Cambrils reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Cambrils Hotel Cambrils
- Best Hotel Cambrils
- Cambrils Best Hotel
- Hotel Best Cambrils Costa Dorada, Spain