Just back from an 11 night stay at this hotel, and I wanted to do an honest family review. My husband and two sons stayed in this area many years ago when the boys were much younger and we had fantastic memories of the area and stayed in the sister hotel on a few occasions , so we decided to return this year and stay at the Best Cambrils . Upon check in it was a little slow and not very happy looking staff assisted us in the check in we were early and told to come back and the rooms would be ready at a set time which they were. The rooms were both on the same corridor and at the read of the hotel where the trains pass by daily many many times this did not really bother us at all as we live close to a railway at home. The rooms are basis, they are clean upon arrival and the linen is good beds a little hard but that can be personal choice, our sons beds were softer and they had no issues with them . Our air conditioning was not at all good and when we opened the veranda door the electric supply stopped so we had to go to reception and raise this issue which was sorted out but the air con was still poor. The rooms were serviced daily throughout our stay but the standard of daily cleaning was no great shake , the mirrors were never cleaned the surfaces were not washed or dusted and we had on two occasions ask to have the floors cleaned . The standards in the bathroom were fine and the supplies of towels and cosmetics etc were good.a real bug bearer of mine was that there was only one tiny bin in the bathroom and NONE in the main bedroom so if you had a few water bottles or general rubbish the bin was overflowing .the food at the hotel was good you could always get something to suit you they had some good nights and some not so good but again that is personal choice, the staff are very busy and could seriously do with some customer service training as some of the floor staff look like they are always unhappy . Out of the 11 nights we ate breakfast and dinner about 5 times as we felt it was a hassle at times to get a table . We never used the pool as if was so so busy from day one you would of needed to have camped out to get sun beds and that is not our style so we used the beach which is a two min walk away, the location of the hotel is Super shops, buses, beach, and lovely walks all close by . The hotel provides a basis service and is in need of some serious money to be spent on it but as I said at the start you get what you pay for . All in all we had a good family break my sons loved the beach and they said that they would return to the area and possibly that hotel agin !!! Hope this helps .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the area of Vilafortuny only 60m. from the beach. Comfortable rooms with balcony, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV, fridge, security door lock, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet style restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine, bar-cafeteria, TV lounge and a snack-bar at the swimming pool. Outdoor swimming pool for adults and children, games room, children’s area and kid’s club. Day and night entertainment program. Optional services: spa, gift shops, internet corner, fitness centre, massage, ping pong and billiard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Best Cambrils reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Cambrils Hotel Cambrils
- Best Hotel Cambrils
- Cambrils Best Hotel
- Hotel Best Cambrils Costa Dorada, Spain