“If you speak English this is not the holiday for you”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambrils
Cambrils Park Resort
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Cambrils
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am here now with my husband & 3 children, aged 6, 13& 16. This is a great location with great facilities but unfortunately all entertainment is geared towards the Spanish. My six year old won't go to the mini club because they speak Spanish and he doesn't feel comfortable. I totally agree with him, I feel alienated from the Parc as all the daytime activities are in Spanish with absolutely no English translation. The twice daily water aerobics is in Spanish, the bigger ones don't go to the football in the evening again because of the Spanish influence. We are really lucky that our neighbours are Irish & Welsh and have kids of a similar age or else they would be friendless. We tried to go for a meal in the restaurant tonight, about 20 empty tables, but they were all booked and couldn't accommodate us. This was at 7.30 pm so we headed off site . I have never written a review before but i just feel that if I had known how excluded we might have felt I would have considered another location for my summer holidays. I had booked a massage for myself & my husband and when we got there they decided they could only take one of us as they did not book two massages! It's a shame that this resort excludes English speaking tourists, it's cost a lot of time, effort and money to come here for our annual holiday, we definetly won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Mmmcraw

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Not ever having been on a holiday like this before, I was a little worried as to what it would be like. I need not have worried as it turned out to be great. We flew into Barcelona (not being able to get a flight to Reus) and arranged a transfer to resort. Our first impressions were very good, extremely helpful staff, very clean and lots of facilities. We stayed in an Aloha which was lovely, my only disappointment was that there wasn't a cooker and the air-conditioning was very noisy. I also felt a bit let down with the fact that it was an ideal opportunity to barbecue but you had to buy one in the shop which was expensive and useless after the holiday was over. Cambrils should rent them out.
The park is really lovely, lots to do if you want to get involved. Excellent pools, not far to the beach and some nice places to eat . I would recommend a day at PortAventura especially if you have teenagers. The bus is easy to get and if you buy a pre loaded card the journey is cheaper. We also went to Tarragona on the bus, there is a market (not that good) and a Roman amphitheatre.
Overall as a family we would recommend Cambrils park as we were all pleasantly surprised as the park caters for all ages and had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 1974claire99
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at Cambrils Park mid - late July for 10 nights. We have 3 children,4,10,13. Excellent facility for families and kids. Safe, Clean, plenty to do. We had nana with us and she could chill out at the adult pools while the kids splashed and played at the busy pools. We stayed in a 3 bed Mediterranean lodge which I would highly recommend if budget allows - we had originally booked an Aloha which was far too small but we upgraded on site. Loads of room, cleaned daily, linen changes, fresh towels, dishwasher, everything you need to have your meals in and if you have a sick child there is a lovely terrace to sunbathe while the children are sleeping. Rooms had plasma tvs with a couple of kids and movies channels which were great. We ate in quite a bit, got food from the takeaway and ventured to Cambrils Port for dinner a couple of nights. The entertainment complex provided everything both adults and kids could want for in the evenings, mini golf, trampolines, soccer pitch, kids club, volley ball, table tennis, pool etc. The restaurants on site at Cambrils need work and the service needs to be reviewed - if they get that right, there is no need to leave the place if you are looking for complete relaxation with a family! The football academy is closeby and brilliant for budding footballers, Portaventura is closeby and great fun and Barcelona trips can be organised, no shortage of options. Would recommend to anyone and thinking about going back............

2  Thank laineyoreilly
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a fantastic resort, Stayed there in July 2014 with teenage sons and we all loved it, could just have stayed here every day. We had an Aloha which was fantastic, clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable and air conditioning adequate. The boys looked forward to hanging out at the astro turf every night with their new friends. The gym and free classes made it easy to keep fit while on holiday. The sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi area were always empty and well worth a try. If back again we would have hired bicycles and saved a few taxi fares. With such a large number of houses here you would expect it to be packed but it never seemed like it and you could lie down and read at ease. Loved it and will def go back.

4  Thank domesticgoddess2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our second visit here because we enjoyed it so much last year. We loved it again but perhaps because it was a repeat visit we looked on the resort with somewhat of a more discerning eye and, well, the place isn't perfect. It is brilliant and we would definitely come back but something's could be improved ( some of them quite major).

Again we chose a Mediterranean Apartment, as we love the privacy of the top floor and the spacious layout. The powerful showers have been improved with a better screen, standing surface and three dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash. The air con continues to be another fantastic feature. the apartments also benefit from fresh towels everyday and a change of sheets after I think about a week. This was not as frequent as last year when it was every three days. Although the room was cleaned daily , the floor was just swept once, the day before we left. Not a big issue as we do it ourselves but worth noting all the same,

You can borrow large beach towels from the Reception for a deposit of €10 each. This is returned when you give them back (but keep your receipt or a receptionist might give you some grief if you don't have it).

As we arrived early we made use of the Luggage storage at the Aloha Reception. be sure to pack swimming costumes etc separately so that you can make full use of the site, as the Apartments are not ready until after 4 PM.

This year we used the offsite supermarket, just a short walk North of the site, out of the Alhoa reception exit. Walk up the road to the crossing by the roundabout, walk past the pizza restraunt and there it is PLUSFRES, This is where the locals shop, the food seemed fresher and cheaper.

The range of pools and the different atmosphere each has also means you don't get bored of the same scenery. The whole site is beautifully maintained, however the grounds just outside the two entrances were litter strewn, considering ALL the maintenance and ground staff, surely this could easily be remedied and really spoiled the outside look of the site.

The whole site feels very safe and security is a big strength of Cambrils. You are given a wrist band when you arrive and the security staff at the entrances clearly take their role very seriously. When we had checked out and whilst waiting for a taxi, I took my band off. Instantly I was approached to check I was a genuine resident. Well done security!

The pools each have dedicated lifeguards, which is also reassuring, one even asked our children to identify where their parents were sitting, in case she needed to report something to us. Other lifeguards did seem a little rude to the swimmers, it was fine them blowing their whistle at each perceived misdameaner but we did hear them talk quite sharply to some mature adults over the course of the week in quite a patronising manner- which would have certain raised our heckles up. Perhaps, knowing the high cost the residents were paying for their holiday, their manner could have been more polite. For the amount being paid and considering the facilities a VIP mentality should prevail - at times with lifeguards, receptionists you are talked to like naughty delinquents rather than valued guests.

There is a daily programme at the kids club and the staff seemed very attentive. each evening there was a mini disco for the younger children.

The evening entertainment on the central stage was enjoyable, even with all the lip syncing, the team worked really hard and are a credit to the site. They are very family friendly and Parky the camp mascot makes regular appearances, much to the delight of the younger children. Unfortunately there is now nothing planned for Monday evenings, which does seem a shame.

The new gym and spa are of a high standard, though with a small charge of €4, for this you get access to both the spa and gym for up to 3 hours. it seemed to be deserted most of the time. My husband used it almost every day and felt it was excellent value. Indeed for this facility alone he would come back and he used our stay akin to a health farm with the intention of working off his beer gut... Due to alcohol consumption in the evening it didn't quite work but hey he felt great after using the gym.

During the evenings the older children tended to gather in the floodlit spots area. Here again the security staff did an excellent job. On one evening we took our drinks from the bar in glasses, which was clearly not a good idea. Immediately one of the staff stated that only plastic glasses were permitted. He then politely offered to get plastic glasses for us from the bar so that we could transfer our drinks.This was done in a sympathetic and professional way.

Many of the children that use that use this sports area are clearly football mad and come wearing their full football kit. On some evenings some parents took it upon themselves to organise friendly international games, dividing the children into older and younger teams. This was lovely to watch.

On other evenings, there was no such organisation and between 50 and 60 children were all trying to play one game of football!

It would be great to have more space and perhaps to have facilities for older children and some for the younger ones. There are so many who want to play and those who played on the netball surface ran the risk of being mowed down by the occasional speeding maintenance worker using one of the electric vehicles, as they collected heir ball, as it is adjacent to their playing area. This is a health and safety concern that needs to be monitored.

We did witness a number of small injuries and I am not sure what First Aid was available, there were certainly no visible first aid areas. One guest said that the staff themselves seemed poorly trained and didn't understand some of the first aid basics and this seemed to be an accurate reflection based on our own experiences. Yes there is access to private health care via a doctor and this is an excellent service - but at the first point of contact the staff themselves (at reception - no first aid box, the receptionist unable to get a triangular bandage on request for instance and a staff member on another occasion vigorously twisting and turning a suspected broken arm made us feel uneasy).

I feel the site would definitely benefit from finding a space for a second football pitch and would just ask that the managers at the site make a qualified first aider more readily to hand as well as the doctor Surgery.

Although there are lots of places to eat on site, there is a much better choice, just along the road in Cambrils or Salou. The Plana buses run up and down the coast very frequently and by getting hold of a Plana card and loading it with 10 or 20 journeys at any Plana office( There is one opposite the Large Cambrils hotel) travel to Cambrils, Salou or even Taragona is very cheap. some great shopping too!

This is a very relaxing, safe and enjoyable place to spend a holiday, but at €300 a night ? I am not sure we will return next year even if my husband is enamoured with the gym. At that price everything needs to be consistently spot on - the first aid and health and safety issues, the politeness of certain staff and receptionists. The space for children to play safely during the evenings. The cutbacks in entertainment options this year and reduction in cleaner thoroughness...All these things need to be looked at.

Four well deserved stars and worth visiting and certainly one of the best. But at the price we are wondering whether we could do even better elsewhere next year.

8  Thank Boushka
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went there for 9 nights in June.lovely pools and place very clean.stayed in aloha bungalow which was adequate and comfortable.
I did notice that it was getting fairly crowded near the end of June and I don't think I would like to be there then as I guess it would be very difficult to get a bed around pool and the amenity areas are usually heaving with people and are too crowded.

I do think it is a site geared towards young families as evening entertainment was very much directed towards children from 0 to 6/7.
If you want to hire bikes go to amigo 44 across from pure genius pub.lovely quality bikes reasonably priced and the owner is sound.

Takeaway was ok if expensive.would I return probably not because of night entertainment and surrounding area is not great although cambrils is nice enough to cycle to on cycle path beside sea.

Be careful if you are getting train to Barcelona.lots of very skilfull pickpockets who work in groups and make a very lucrative living on the cambrils/salon Barcelona line.my daughter saw several people been relieved of their money.you have been warned.
Cambrils park has a lot of repeat customers but personally I would not go in July August because of crowds there.also price seems to be going up every year.

Room Tip: Keep Away from entertainment area
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank paulyGalway_Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent 11 days at Cambrils Park Resort in May this year. We were here the same time last year but stayed in the Bonita villas. This time as we needed a bit more room we booked the La Mediterrania apartments which they were finishing off last year when we were leaving. By and large we had a good holiday and the resort is all set up for kids, the place is maintained to a very high level and all the facilities are great for kids but there were a few areas that could do with improvement as far as I am concerned.

On arrival we were met with the same problem as last year, a long wait just to book in. We had arrived in the afternoon and after an early start and trying to keep 3 kids occupied the last thing you need is to be held up at reception. I really don't understand why it takes so long, they have the booking, have all the information so why the wait?. All that should need to be done is a quick signature, handover the keys and off you go. Anyway, once this was sorted we then had to haul our bags all the way up to the apartment, the receptionist didn't offer to get anyone to help us with our luggage even though it was clear we were struggling with 5 bags and 3 small kids.

The apartments are great and there is much more room than the Bonita villas, they have all the mod cons you would expect but for such a big apartment surprisingly short on storage space, in the kitchen area especially. Obviously, they want you to eat in the resorts restaurants which is fine.

We did eat in the resorts restaurants on a few occasions and found them ok. La Masia in particular is a disaster area. We were given cold food, the wrong food, endured bad service. Everything about this place was a hassle. The amount of times I saw food go back from other tables was ridiculous and the waiting staff walking around looking bewildered as to what was going on. Compared to last year the service in the takeaway has definitely dropped, you could get a roast chicken (which I would highly recommend) within a few minutes but this year no chance. I was left waiting an hour one day for my order, again there seemed to be a lot of confusion surrounding the whole process.

All in all I would highly recommend this resort but perhaps a little bit more attention to certain areas would not go astray.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family