Cambrils Park Resort
Hotel Augustus(Cambrils)
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
1,067 results
All reviewsvilla bonitaaloha bungalowson sitecrazy golfkids clubmini golfsports areatake awayfamily holidayonsite supermarketelephant poolall agesgreat parkastro turftable tennisfish restaurantsmall kids
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Returned this week from a two week break at Cambrils Park. On arrival was surprised by how attractive this park is, palm trees and flowers everywhere and all spotlessly clean. We stayed in a Aloha bungalow 2 adults and 4 children aged 6-15. I was concerned about the space with only two bedrooms but it worked well. Beds were a bit firm but minor gripe. Air con was a godsend lovely shower and terrace. We only had 4 outside chairs which meant we needed to use two of the wooden block stools form inside. The children fought over who sat on these as they were pretty uncomfortable! Also no draining board bit odd?

The pools were the highlight of the park lovely variety kept the children interested. I loved the lighthouse pool with the beach just beautiful. We had lunch in the poolside restaurant a couple of times was all good. Bar prices were good too and the evening entertainment was of high quality, mostly in Spanish but hey you're in Spain.

We didn't hire a car so used local buses (excellent) to visit Reus and Tarragona. We also hired bikes not on camp (too expensive) but from Amigo bikes just down the road this was great fun. The cycle paths run all along the from Salou to Cambrils. Salou has a lovely beach and good facilities. It's a bit tired and has a tacky feel. Cambrils much nicer but doesn't wow. We have been to France for the last 8 years and I think the scenary is prettier but Spain is so much cheaper!

We were disappointed to discover you don't get a BBQ with the accomodation. They sell them on site for 35 euro but we were lucky enough to be given one by a family who were leaving. The supermarket is reasonable but we tended to use the ones out of the resort, cheaper and more choice. Beach within walking distance lovely and sea very warm. Also free bus but quicker to walk! Free Wifi too.

Nicky our Eurocamp rep was great, very helpful

Room Tip: evening activities go on until midnight, ask for accomodation away from the centre
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tathecam
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This place is brilliant. Lots to do, great pools. Improving food and great activities close by in Salou or the picturesque Cambrills Town.
As I say, 5th time back and booked for 6th. I'll stop going there when my 2 kids tell me the dont want to go anymore, could be a while before that happens....
Seán

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sean r
Reviewed 21 August 2014

First time at Cambrils Park. Stayed for two weeks 3-17 August in Aloha Bungalows. Good points first - air con great, beds new and very comfortable, excellent powerful shower in what looked like a newly renovated bathroom area. Towels and sheets changed regularly. Site also perfectly quiet after events stop at midnight, site very well maintained. The main pool area is full on if you like that kind of thing, but the other pools at the other end of the site are quieter and more relaxing, so there is something for everyone. Beach is within 10-15 minute walking distance and is very nice. Cambrils is a 5-10 minute drive away and has a great choice of restaurants. Pleasant enough town, with a pretty harbour front, but the town itself is quite utilitarian and functional. Sports facility onsite is great, although the football pitch would benefit from either a more controlled use policy, or splitting it into two, as it invariably ended up a tangled mess of c30 kids of all ages, in little groups trying (and failing) to do their own thing. On the few occasions games were organised, it worked well. it is clearly one of the major attractions for customers and would benefit from a bit more control/organisation by staff. Entertainment is noisy, and mostly in Spanish, but the quality is better than I have seen at other sites, and they put in a lot of effort- if they would just turn the volume down a notch and STOP SHOUTING.
Our son attended the nearby football camp on week days, which was very good. Quality of coaching was excellent, with very attentive and engaging coaches who spoke good English. He tended to hang about the sports plaza in the evenings, but was a bit frustrated by the free-for-all football pitch. Lots of other English speaking kids to play with, as well as Spanish, Dutch and French.Didn't use the restaurants much as we are vegetarian and the options weren't extensive, but the bar staff were good and very pleasant.
Down sides, the Aloha huts are unbelievably gloomy and dull. We removed all the net curtains, but to little effect. Storage space is extremely limited, so food has to be stored on worktops. No drawer space for clothes. There was no bottle opener, the utensils were old and broken, fixtures and fittings of pretty poor quality (apart from the beds/showers) and the units very shabby. Expected more for the price we were paying.
We decided to go with the flow and stay up until around midnight most nights as it was noisy until then. If you fancy an earlier night, forget it.
Overall, we had a lovely holiday, and the site is generally good. Would question the value for money though, based on the poor quality of the Aloha bungalows.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We absolutely love Cambrils and go there every year. Since last year we stay in the La Mediterrània apartments. We love the space and private terrace of the top floor. They are quite expensive but if budget allows or booking off peak, then I highly recommend them.

There are so much to do on site. Even though there is a great shuttle bus service to the beach (free), our two kids, boy aged 12 and girl aged 7 prefer to stay on the site. My son spends a lot of time down at the football pitch and my daughter loves the kids club. This gives my wife and myself time to chill out and read a nice book in the sun. Another great addition for families is the ability to rent bikes out on the site.

If I HAD to make a compliant about the resort, it would be that I don't find the food great and it isn't very cheap. We go to the supermarket and buy nice fresh food for breakfast and lunch. We normally go out to Cambrils town or into Salou where there are many options.

As family holiday destinations go - it really doesn't get much better than Cambrils Park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rodney D
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just home from our third trip to Cambrils Park and we just loved it again! We're a family of five and stayed in the Aloha bungalow, ample space as we spent most of our time out on the terrace. The bathrooms have been improved, great showers, all spotless.I really can't fault this park, as you walk through the doors of the reception it's like a different world! We got checked in very quickly, the receptionist took my mobile number and rang when our bungalow was ready (an hour early).There's a very chilled out atmosphere throughout the park, lots of different nationalities. The pool areas are fantastic, we spent most of our time at the Polynesia pool beside the supermarket, easy to get a sunbed until about 10.30 or so. The new beach pool area is beautiful, lovely big pool with 2 artificial beaches. There is a pirate themed pool which is perfect for younger kids, and another good deep pool for the older ones. You could go to a different pool every day and it felt like you were somewhere new! The food on site was pretty good, the snack bar at the pool is great value and the take away did good pizzas and roast chickens for about 9 euro. We ate out every evening...our favourite being the traditional Spanish restaurant 'The Mucky Duck' just down near the promenade! Will have to do a separate review for that! We rented bikes and cycled to Cambrils in 15 minutes, beautiful cycle and gorgeous town. One cloudy day we took a bus to Tarragona...not to be missed...lovely old streets and Roman Amphitheatre. Back on the park there is something for everyone, we have three teenagers and they loved the crazy golf and the pool dancing. The entertainment team work really hard and made everyone feel involved. Lots of activities if you want them, or you can just slip away for a while with a book and a nice apple puff from the bakery to your bungalow and relax like I did! Cambrils Park ticks all the boxes for a great family holiday and as I search for next years holiday I'll find it very hard to find anywhere like it! Could be back for a fourth time and why not?!

Room Tip: I think the Aloha bungalows are well spaced out and very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family