“Avoid” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Cambrils
dublin
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

O my god this was the worst place I ever stayed in. When we arrive we went to the recpetion desk which is a little hole with a desk in it. Then we had to wait for are room until 5 pm in the heat, when we went to are room we found them small so small one of the rooms was only for two adults and one child not four adults. Then we found out that they don't give you toilet paper so we had to buy some. The lights went and it took them until it was dark to fix them. Are room was on the main road so if we keep the widow open we could get any sleep at. We also had to beg then for towels because they would not give us any. The pool are was small and the pool it self was not that clean at all. There is a train that runs al night and is very loud. When we where their a few people where robbed and they did nothing about it. The bathroom was small and the shower head was broken. They don't change your towels or your bed sheets at all. The beach is near which is the only good thing about this place. My advice spent a extra money and stay somewhere nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bologna30

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

The bonus of these apartments is the location. Roughly 1 minute walk from the beach/bus stop/supermarket/pubs & restuarants. It is about half an hour walk from Salou but it is a lovely walk along the beach, a bus only costs €1.95 per person and runs quite regularly from early morning to late night (not sure what time it stops, if it does at all). Also there is a bus from Reus airport that stops within a minute from the apartment. This cost €5.95 one way or €10 return per person.
There was just the 2 of us and we were lucky enough to be given a 2 bedroom apartment so we had loads of room.
The apartment (number 415) was clean and spacious (Good size living room with separate kitchen, which I felt was a bonus). We had a lovely view right down to the beach. The cooking facilities were not great, a 2 ring stove (which is fine) that took at least 2 hours to boil a kettle for 2 cups of tea. No grill or oven but a microwave with a grill in it. In saying that this didn't bother us as we weren't planning on cooking (I can do plenty of that at home :)
The pool was very clean and a good size with plenty of space around it (12 sun loungers only though). It has a separate kids pool and a kids play area so should suit all.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank etynan
Lucan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I think it really depends on what apartment you get here. Some have good views. (overlooking the pool) and some bad. (overlooking the train tracks). we were lucky. Apartments clean enough. But Basic. No toilet roll (even one to start with). 50 Euro deposit each (refundable). Be careful about the dates to collect the keys.
Air conditioning in the living room only (free).Bring towels. We had a problem with the telly but was fixed straight away. Only Spanish channels but connect your DVD !.
It's 36 Euro from the Airport (Reus) in a taxi one way. All prebooked taxi's are dearer. Right outside the airport terminal is bus PLANUS. easy to find and will take you as near to your apartments as possible. 5 Euro each person each way. There seems to be a big push on this bus service and company in general as there are bus wardens everywhere that will give you great advice. buses are air conditioned. You are encouraged to travel by bus even to the resorts of Salou and Cambrils. These apartments are smack in the middle of both.A 20 minute walk to either. But the seafront walk is fab in each direction.
The pool is clean and the kiddies section safe as can be.But there are only 12 sunbeds for all these apartments. so you need to be up early ! Next doors sunbeds (Metropilis) they have to pay).
Be careful not lock yourself out on the balcony with the patio door from the outside.
You pay for what you get here, so if you want the Hilton !!!!!
Local supermarket next door (same prices) sell beers very cheap too and had special on 1 litre Bacardi 13Euro yahoo. glad we had some extra space in the suitcases :)
Would go back again though and recommend to friends (who have never been to the Hilton :).
Enjoy, hope you get a nice apartment.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank onceyourhappy
Budapest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We got an awful apartman ( no: 2O1). It was in vain to protest. We had to stay that 1 and a half room + living room with an awful sofa for 7 nights! When I had asked, and protested, they had the blinkig light repared in the bathroom, but we did not get another apartman! The apartman was clean, but the bedclothes, and towels were not that clean at all, and they were very poor!
The swimming pool really was good, and the beaches were nice and very good. We paid for 2 bedroom, but one of the rooms was very-very little, so for 6 people that apartman was not good at all. The roofs what we could see from the window, were dirty and awful!

Room Tip: If you are taking your cat no. 2O1 apartman will make your cat happy, because of the roofs!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary S

Travellers are raving about these Cambrils hotels

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is a reply I got from Pins Marina staff. I simply enquired about the key, as ALPHA ROOMS did not tell me I had to collect the key from a different location upon arrival due to the time. I was only confirming the key would be at the apartment, to be told it would be elsewhere. I had already booked and paid for a private taxi to my accommodation so tried to arrange for the taxi to do a one stop call at the location (2kilometers) away so I could collect the key. I was told the taxi driver would not be prepared to do this. The point Ana at Pins Marina seems to miss is that I had already booked and paid for a taxi to Pins Marina in Cambrils and the driver would not take me to Navarra 2 in Salou. Her reply is very rude and totally unhelpful. I simply suggested that they shoud make it clear at the time of booking that late arrivals should collect the key from another location as families with young children would find it stressful having to actually find out where the key was if there was no one at the apartments to advise them.

Dear Sharon,

Your question was:” I have a reservation on 11th-15th August at Pins Marina Apartments. Please can you tell me where I shall pick my keys up from as I arrive at approximately 21.00-22.00hrs”

Mi answer was: “Arriving that late, your keys are going to be send to our main reception open 24 hours and located in Salou at Navarra Street, 2 (977 35 03 15).” (I wrote the address and even the phone number, now highlight on yellow)
I do not understand why you have booked a taxi to the Pins Marina, when I told you that would be closed at 20.00 hrs and you had to go to Salou to the address highlighted before, where we have the main reception open 24 hrs.
Please note that we have nothing to do with the taxis and it wasn’t me who booked it.
I am very sorry, but I do not see any fake information in my e-mail…….
Customers ask all the time to the taxis to wait while they take the key, and there is not a problem.
Sorry that I did not read your e-mail until this morning, but I went home since I was finished for the day and I have my live to do as well, and we have constant phone calls in the office to answer as well.

Regards,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sharron c
Clonmel, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I booked Pins Marina as a last minute holiday.
Pins Marina is advertised as 2 star and is as they advertise.
The apartment was clean and spacious with air con and TV.
The kitchen had a 2 ring hob with no grill or oven.
The staff at reception were helpful and gave us a ground floor apartment on request.
The caretaker was extremely helpful and friendly.
The apartments are 2 minutes walk from the beach, restaurants and local Michael Angelo supermarket which was efficiently run and well stocked.
The local train track runs behind the apartments, but after the first day we did not notice it was even there.
The towels provided were not great but we were already aware and brought our own.
The pool area was very basic and could do with more loungers but this did not concern us to much, as the beach is so good that we spent every day there.
Taxis from the airport costs 40 Euro and are no problem to get at the airport, reception called a cab for us any time we needed one, once there.
Be aware that if you are arriving out of business hours you must collect your key en route from the airport in Salou, at the Edificio Los Peces, this will save you a double trip and a lot of hassle.
Myself my wife her Mum and our 2 children of 8 and 11 had a lovely time at Pins Marina and would return again.
This is a great option if you want a holiday on a budget.

Room Tip: Best rooms are nearer the front away from the railway tracks. 2 bed ground floor apartments have mos...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank DesWB
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

went to these apartments with open mind they are classed as 2 star and they are but they are clean and well presented if you want 3 or 4 star then dont book here but u do get wat u pay for i and my family will go again staff very helpful molly malones bar brill for food and service and a cold beer cant speak highly enough of pins marina apatments

Room Tip: shops near by beach just as close and food at molly malones excelent
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family