We had to pick up the key to the apartment at an office in Salou. We got a taxi and because we had to make a trip into Salou office first we were charged 40 euros. 50 euros each deposit had to be paid and the local taxes. All this expense and you haven't got to your apartment yet. The taxi driver was very patient because this office was very busy. We arrived at the apartment and was met by builders and painters leaving the building. There was work being done on some empty apartments and the painters were painting the walls on the corridors to the apartments. It was quite noisy at times. The actual apartment is very basic, 2 single beds, (if your back is okay it won't be after sleeping on these beds). Wardrobe, small side table, no mirror. Bathroom shower over bath. Lounge/ dining area with double sofa bed. Plastic table/chairs on small balcony. Kitchen plenty of cupboards, utensils, plates etc good. Fridge, two electric rings which take ages to warm up, and a Microwave. The sheets and towels were very clean and in quite good condition. The walls and paintwork need re-doing.
We then decided we would like to rent a toaster and a safety deposit box. The reception was closed and looked derelict. There were no opening times, or any sort of information. Okay we will try later. In the meantime we realise that we would be leaving before the office opened in Salou so how would we get our deposit back? So Day 1 is spent settling in and visits to see if reception as opened. Day 2 still no reception, so we decide to go back into Salou to sort out the money problem. We walked part way, then got a taxi - more expense!! We got our money back but we had to leave a credit card number, and we were told that we would have a reception the next day. Oh joy not ! O yes it opened but had no equipment for hire. Leave your 14 euros yes thats right 14 euros to rent a toaster. It was delivered later that day.
So the first 3 days were messed up, but if the office in Salou had told us we were without reception we would not have had all the unneccesary travelling.
We would reccommend you take your own bath towels - I have longer and wider table runners. Also they only leave one toilet roll and you have to provide your own when thats done. The apartment is classed as 2-4 persons we feel this would be very cramped.
The area is very lively with plenty of restaurants, and a very good supermarket nearby, and the beach is just across the road. Sun beds are 4 euros each per day.
We will stay in this area again but not in these apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between Salou and Cambrils , 100 m from the beach . In the surroundings you can find a great variety of shops , bars, restaurants and just a couple of minutes walking , the bus stop that covers Salou-Cambrils route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pins Marina Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pins Marina Apartments Hotel Cambrils
- Pins Marina Apartments Cambrils, Costa Dorada, Spain