We booked this hotel last minute after being let down by travel company by overbooking-(so it wasn't our first choice).
I went with 2 teenage children-they were a bit bored by facillities-nightlife in nearby Salou is probably more exciting. The resort is more geared to families, though compared to Salou is a little run down in parts.
That said we had an ok week-the sun shone continuously (apart from a spectacular thunderstorm one evening)-the rooms were small but clean and comfortable with efficient daily maid service. The food was plentiful-best options were the salad and fish-loads of fresh fruit-cooked meals were ok but sometimes a bit overdone or tasteless-chips were usually available each night-so even fussy eaters could find something to fill up on.
There were very few British people staying here-mostly Spnanish, French and Dutch. There was the usual problem with the poolside and sunbeds which I refused to get in to-though the beach was literally accross a footpath/cylcle path the sea was clean, warm and safe-you would need some shelter though as there is no shade so take parasols or beach tents for little ones.
Shops are disapointing and are mainly of the tacky seaside variety-there are some nicer shops if you walk into Salou. There are though plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.
Would I go again? If the hotel was moved along the prom into Salou then yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel situated in front of the Hotel Augustus just 80 meters far from the beach and along Salou's promenade. All the rooms with hair dryer, independent air conditioning ( juny-september ) and heating, telephone, satellite TV, safe and fridge(optional) and terrace. New in 2018 , familiar rooms 29 m2. The Hotel offers you a swimming pool for adults and for children, TV room, bar-cafeteria and Internet center . Air conditioning and Wifi in the common areas. Buffet service in the restaurant with show cooking breakfast, at Easter and from 22/6 to 30/9 also dinner. Entertainment for children and adults. Miniclub for children from 4 to 12 years. Parking ( 400 places ). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, LoveHolidays, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Cesar Augustus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cesar Augustus Hotel Cambrils
- Cambrils Cesar Augustus Hotel
- Hotel Cesar Augustus Cambrils, Costa Dorada, Spain