Hotel Bonaire
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Vall Petita(L'Estartit)
View Hotel
Hotel GR 92(Torroella de Montgri)
View Hotel
RV Hotel Palau Lo Mirador(Torroella de Montgri)
La Masia(L'Estartit)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoastal townone starold townpaulounspoiltharderbalconysea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed at the hotel although this time in different circumstances. The first with my wife and teenage son, this time with three friends. Both times this hotel has proved perfect accommodation for the stay. The location is fantastic, in the old town (which is the best part of the whole place, we rarely moved out of this area) and 50 yards from the beach. The bedrooms are pretty roomy with new bathrooms, and spotlessly clean and all with a sea view (I think). The hotel has a bar and café, but unlike most hotel bars this is also popular with the locals, who are all very friendly and ready to chat in a mixture of Spanglish and mumbled Spanish. What sets the hotel apart though are the owners who are possibly the hardest working couple I (and my friends ) have ever seen. Both speak excellent English if you are not that confident of trying Spanish or Catalan. They both do everything, meet, greet, cook and serve food in the excellent café, serve beer, clean rooms maintain the hotel and share the time of day, always with a smile on their faces.
In summary, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending L'Escala as a place to visit but without doubt, you should stay in the Bonaire if you want to feel welcomed in a very relaxed little hotel that definitely delivers a personal touch and helps you blend into the community

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 48daveC187069
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This Hotel is is a jewel in a special place. Please do not confuse this hotel with other average accommodations its Far superior, Not just in its location but also because of its owners and management. The rooms are great, nicely decorated and good facilities and the breakfasts are more than expected Paulo and Aldara can really not do enough for you.the in house bar is traditional and caters for all your needs and the needs of the local cliental too, it never closes early and serves fantastic drinks and Tapas,very centrally localated to the town center we are booking again soon to return with all the family even my mother because the lift makes the hotel so accessible for all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank davidb2704
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I didn't stay here but I visited here twice to eat and enjoyed the tapas. Especially cod croquetas, chorizo al vino and albondigas. The slight disadvantage is the place does not accept credit cards but the food and wine were nice and good value and the service was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Mikeo111
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have just spent a week on the Costa Brava, I rented a car from Girona airport. I originally booked the hotel for my first night and was intending to move on up the coast. However I found L'Escala totally charming, the beaches were lovely and unspoilt, in particular, the stretch along the boardwalk towards St Marti, was marvellous. I discovered some excellent little seafood restaurants. I found the hotel spotlessly clean, good value and in a nice position near to the beach. The young couple that ran the hotel spoke excellent English, were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. I ended up using L'Escala as my base. My only reservation would be that parking might become a problem during the peak season. There is paid parking nearby but this would become very busy during the peaks months. However from mid September parking becomes free and I had no problems.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank jon G
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My wife and I came across L'Escala a few years ago and now go back every year. The last time we stayed at the Hotel Bonaire. The hotel was great value for money. It is almost next to the beach and is also in the town which also as many cafe's, bars and restaurants. The managers of the hotel were very pleasent and spoke english very well. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The hotel also offers free wi-fi as well. We would recommand this hotel and would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family