“Ok?”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Blanes
Rainhill, null, United Kingdom
“Ok?”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Just arrived back, the rooms are very dated and not very clean you have to leave 50 euros as deposit for breakages. There is no entertainment at all you will have to go into lloret de mar or blames town. The restaurant on site is very quick with orders and value for money but they close 3-6 every day and only open at 11am? We used to take are own drinks round the pool from the shop no one cared. A lot of people live in these apartments and there is a lot of noise. We asked to keep room on which was an extra 30 euros! They told us to pay on day before departure so when we went to pay they told us they were expecting guests so we couldn't have the room? We had to leave the luggage in the reception and use the showers provided which were horrible and there's no plug for hair dryers etc. and after all the messing about are room was still free when we got picked up at 6pm so that was very unfair. As we had to be out of the room at 10am ,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Clare S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Had a great holiday here ask for a Poole view it's very clean and one of the best pools I have been to not far from the beach a Market every Monday the old town is lovely very close to everything met some really nice people there and well you get moaners all over the world lovely Spanish bars near by the staff are very friendly

Room Tip: Would ask for a pool view had a 2 bedroom apartment
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cafejane
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect before arriving at the Europa, as I had read lots of mixed reviews on here. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly, the swimming pool was good and there were loads of sunbeds available. Despite arriving before our room was ready, we were able to leave cases in reception and use pool. The apartment was basic but clean and tidy, with everything you need. We were worried that there would be lots of noise at night, but apart from the first night when the Spanish were celebrating San Juan and there were fireworks going off all night, it was fine. The views from our apartment wasn't great but the balcony was fine for watching the world go by! I can imagine that in the height of summer the apartments could be noisier, with more young people, however, the clientelle was mixed when we were there.
We would go back again, as the apartments were excellent value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jo L
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great apartments very clean and well equipped with really friendly staff.cheap prices and lots of local supermarkets.

Room Tip: away from the bar level 4 room 9 very quiet at night.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tony k
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2012

on arrival looked great then was asked for 50 pound deposit was given keys but not even showed to our apartment i am disabled so it was left to my husband to get all cases to our room then the noise started 250 dutch students in one place does not make for a relaxing holidays and im sure they moved hotels during the night as all night every night all you heard was trolley case wheels being dragged here there and every where .no room around the pool so never got to sample the pool at all hired a wheel chair to get away from the damned place .then there was the morning of the fire looked over the balcony to see two fire engines and policecars 7am bear in mind woke my husband who went to look and was told by a passer by to get out as the hotel was on fire no fire alarm nothing as we were preparing to leave through thick black smoke a couple of police were going round knocking on doors evacuate evacuate is all they said so as i have trouble with my breathing and cannot walk far they let us use the lift no meeting area no check on guests nothing so there i am 7am sat outside the building well actually across the road in my pjs on my nebuliser as the smoke had penetrated our building as i said when the police came wante to take me away but nothing from the hotel staff nowhere to get a drink as nothing opens until 10 am ish 4 hours later my husband allowed back in to get my medication and clothes which stunk of smoke when aked at reception was told it was nothing to do with them as the garage and car that was on fire was in a garage under the hotel rented out so not their problem i have travelled all over and never been anywhere WHERE I FELT SO UNWELCOME i could go on but suffice to say BLANES you can stuff your resort and unless your dutch ,russian or insensitive then give it a wide berth x

Room Tip: dont book a room here
3 Thank nett1955

Travellers are raving about these Blanes hotels

Carmarthen
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I hope this will be an honest review as I always read other people's before travelling. The apartments are quite well equipped although we had no kettle and had to boil water on the induction hob. That's ok if you've already got one and know how to use it as there are no instructions. Anyway we figured it out. The apartment wasn't spotlessly clean - a lot of stray hairs on the bathroom floor - but the rest was ok. There is no maid service for a 1 week stay (not sure about longer stays) and you will have 1 toilet roll on arrival. After that you must buy your own. We did get clean towels and 1 additional toilet roll after complaining so ask, you may be lucky. The rooms are incredibly noisy - you can hear everything from the other rooms and it always sounds like furniture is being moved!! The stairwells are also noisy and people will stamp up and down stairs and bang doors - all of which kept me awake at night. The landlord of The Bull, just around the corner told us the apartments were ridculously noisy during July and August, full of drunken teenagers coming in at all times!
The pool area is lovely and clean and there are plenty of sunbeds. It is a large pool and quite honestly one of the nicest I've experienced during my holidays. The location is pretty good but no sea views as the area is very built up - in fact no nice views at all. The apartments are surrounded by roads which again adds to the noise factor. It is approx 10 minute 'stroll' to the sea front and whilst there are various places to eat, none of them were exceptional value for money. The best value was the Asian Wok were you pay a set price for 3 courses - we found the food a little salty though.
Halfway through our stay there was a fire in the basement of our apartment block. We were all evacuated at 7am by a man knocking on everyone's door. He didn't tell you what was wrong until you opened the door so not sure what happened to those guests who ignored him. I know the fire was probably accidental but the method of evacuation was appaling and despite there being smoke alarms in the hallways - none of them went off even though we had to walk through the smoke to get out! Despite this I found the reception staff friendly and helpful. You will be asked for a 50 Euro deposit when you check in - we got ours back with no hassle at 7am when we left. My advice would be to ask if you can leave sterling rather than Euros as you probably won't want Euros on your last day (depending on your departure time). The supermarket closest to the Europa (turn left as you exit through the gates) is a little more expensive than the one just across the road on the corner so it's worth the few extra paces.
Blanes seems to be split into 2 resorts - Blanes and S'Abanell. I couldn't say where one stops and the other starts but the area around Europa is tired and shabby looking - until you get to the sea front then it's fine. Recommendations - take the train to Barcelona. Blanes bus station is 3 minutes walk from the apartments (so don't book a transfer - just take the bus) and you can buy a complete bus/train ticket for Barcelona there. Also the Dori jet boat to Lloret is good fun - Tossa de Mar was small and disappointing but Lloret is a 'happening' vibrant place. The main area around the apartments is very Dutch and most of the menus are in Dutch making it difficult for those of us who don't speak the language.
So in conclusion, I wouldn't stay here again, in fact I probably wouldn't go back to Blanes even though we did have a good time. I have paid less and had much better accommodation. Have a good holiday.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from noisy areas as I think Europa has it's own disco. I made that request and I...
5 Thank anitaCarmarthen
London
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I really don't know where to start as we are so dissapointed with Europa Appartments in Blanes....Me and my boyfriend have stayed in room number C1 - 1 from 1st till 8th June 2012. We were really exited about our holidays. First it started at reception when we arrived we were asked to give £50 deposit and when we were booking our holidays nothing was mentioned about the deposit. Rooms were great size but our room was so stinky from the mop that has been left in the bathroom. We had one toilet paper roll in our bathroom when we used it out and I went to ask for some more I was told by such rude Scotish older lady that works on reception to go to shop to buy one I couldn't believe my ears. The whole stuff is completely ussless and rude! I haven't met such grumpy and moody people like this before!
You booking your holiday and first thing that crosses your mind is " I'll have a great rest there". Guess what not in these Apartments from Hell full of drunken teenagers that are without their parents or any adults that would keep an eye on them! We didn't get any sleep at all as those little rats were leaving apartments before 11pm and running from disco, which was jus opposite our room, back to the aparments screaming in their rooms, vomiting on balcony believe or not till 5am and then the bar that belongs to apartment started at 9am playing loudly tv or music plus the stuff cleaning ladies talking loudly and having fun there! Are you trying to complain?! Forget about any help from the stuff, they just don't give a s..t! They answer was oh we know we are very sorry, when we went for the second time to complain the Scotish lady said "those are English people, call your company". And another thing is that there wasn't any welcoming restauratnt around Blanes only one where the stuff was happy to see costumers and serving you with honest smiles the name of it is Call Tony. Thanks got we rented a car for five days so we managed to make mostnof our holidays and travel to Barcelona and around Costa Brava.
But me and my boyfriend are sure we wouldn't recommend these appartments to anybody...and wouldn't go back there for free!
Shame on the whole stuff that are letting it going down the hill.

2 Thank Prasak1